Tutorial RAGS RAGS Help Section

Thegame

Jun 10, 2017
So I had been using Rags 2.4.16 and it was working fine but then I upgraded to the supposedly stable 2.5.2 version.

Every game is now either unreadable or gives me a padding error.

I've redone all the framework files a few times and even did a complete uninstall of all rags software and rolled back to 2.4.16. Nothing has worked.

Any help?

here's a text copy of the error -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
My guess is something with 2.5.2 may have corrupted the dot.net files. Try running System File Checker?? Or you could try uninstalling then re-installing the dot.net. A clean install is best to repair any corrupted files.

Jun 5, 2017
try this maybe, after uninstalling the rags to shutdown the pc for a couple of minutes maybe.
then start again, install rags again.. idk f it works, but sometimes it does that, some softwares
works like that..

Rissilia

May 9, 2017
Hi, i have a Problem, i cant start RagsDesigner.exe - no error nothing after 2sec out of task-manager, the player works, and the RagsDesigner.exe from beta 3 works too but only the 2.4 dont work.

Windows 10 64x

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
The v2.4.x series of RAGS requires v2.0 (SP2 ?) of the Microsoft .Net Framework to run, this should be installed on your version of Windows but it may not be enabled. This article explains how to enable it.

NOTE:
The v2.14.x series of RAGS also requires the following to be installed/enabled:

a. Microsoft SQL Server v3.5 Compact.
As you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will need to install the 32-bit release before the 64 bit release.

b. Microsoft Media Player.

Rissilia

May 9, 2017
The v2.4.x series of RAGS requires v2.0 (SP2 ?) of the Microsoft .Net Framework to run, this should be installed on your version of Windows but it may not be enabled. This article explains how to enable it.

NOTE:
The v2.14.x series of RAGS also requires the following to be installed/enabled:

a. Microsoft SQL Server v3.5 Compact.
As you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will need to install the 32-bit release before the 64 bit release.

b. Microsoft Media Player.
Thanks for the help but, .NET 2.0 and 3.5 is enable, SQL-Server 3.5 is install 32&64bit. MMP too. the normal player works fine, only the editor.
I setup a VM Windows 7 and works but for any edit start the VM is borring ^^

Reactions: mrhatman

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
Is there any message in the Windows Event viewer related to the application?

happybrother

Aug 17, 2016
I am using Windows 8.1 so the only way for me to use RAGS player is your portable non-installation version. It plays my rag files. Installation versions (RAGSsetup.exe like) installed, but did not work at all on win8.1.

But I have an issue: absolutely no pictures viewing (only empty space where pics should be). Does anyone have any idea how and why?

I most definitely have all .net installed for gaming purposes, so I have no idea why such thing happens.
I tried it on two games (Goldrush and Sinner). I played the same rag files on my other laptop with Win7 and both were fine last time I checked.

SOLVED (after 1/2 year): It turns up I had my standard Windows Media Player disabled. Although I do remember following this step before, now it worked! The portable version did not work correctly (pics not shown) because of this also.
In Control Panel -> Programs (add or remove) -> Turn System Feature on and off > Media Features (or Multimedia) > Windows Media Player (turn this ON). Wait.

Reactions: magicct

Thjis

May 19, 2017
As someone else asked but did not see a fix. I had 4 versions of Rags working on my computer a few days ago. Now the verison I need 2.4.16 will open in game but not in designer. I have tried fixing it, uninstalling and reinstalling from several sources. Here is where someone else posted my error. It appears in the task manager for a couple of seconds but then vanishes, never opens. I have all the patches needed as it ran only a few days ago. I uninstalled the new version as I could not reinstall 2.4 with 3 installed. None of the old designers work, not 2.4, LLC etc.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
I was in touch with the designer or Rags and he stated that the move to a new host has resulted in the old versions not to work. Can anyone verify that their older versions work? Seems to me that he has moved before and as I noted above my older version worked until Monday or Sunday. I have the new version up and running, but experience tells me the older games will be unstable. Does a cracked version require host verification??

Trololol

Apr 24, 2017
Hi i need some help, i recently had to format my pc, once i reinstalled rags i get an error message every time i try to open a game, here is the error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It could be an error with Rags 2.5.2 as well. Try a different download and/or a clean re-install of rags using the installer.
I am still with 2.4.1 and it's had no issues. So that's an option.

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
Rags dev Website Now Back up And running New Layout Only Rags 2/6 and 2.416 and rags 3.60 are avalabel for download heres news from the dev in feb 13 2018
What the heck happened!?
February 13, 2018

Wow, the entire Rags website was full of problems from various malware files that had snuck their way into the site…

We’ve lost the entire site and I am having to rebuild it. We are making good progress on that task, but it does mean a few things will not be working on the site for the moment.

Registration is down currently. I am working quickly to restore our ability to register copies of RAGS, but that will require a new release and a few changes to the system. I am working to restore the system back to the way it was, so please be patient while I get things running again. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me via email.

news from the dev from march 6th this yrear

March 6, 2018

I have released a new version of RAGS classic…version 2.6.0 which you can download and use to register your copy…