Random dev says Yo

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Greetings, I'm a software guy who expanded my gaming genres a while back.

Also, I made my first pron! Well, it's basically a line drawing, but there's potential in there somewhere. I traced over an image in Adobe Illustrator, exported as SVG, and wrote some javascript to move something back and forth. I QA-tested on Firefox 37 and Chrome 71, so it should work for a good amount of people. Anyway, the link is up .

Welp, take care!

svgtest1a.png svgtest1b.png

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Hey riri, nice to have you!

It can help if you later add some pics to your first post (the OP of the thread) while updating your project, just in case. So people will give you feedback on your progress. Anim reminds me somewhat of the Flash games by the talented fellow named David Goujard, you may check his works out for inspiration. As long as it's a simple browser game it can be run on a toaster. Nothing against it, my toaster needs some lovin' too. ;)

Wishing you the best for your project, keep us updated and enjoy your stay here with us!

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Hey riri, nice to have you!

It can help if you later add some pics to your first post (the OP of the thread) while updating your project, just in case. So people will give you feedback on your progress. Anim reminds me somewhat of the Flash games by the talented fellow named David Goujard, you may check his works out for inspiration. As long as it's a simple browser game it can be run on a toaster. Nothing against it, my toaster needs some lovin' too. ;)

Wishing you the best for your project, keep us updated and enjoy your stay here with us!
Thanks - this one was more of a one-off, but after your comment, I decided to work on it a bit more. Included image of original, and included image of work-in-progress. Not sure how I'll animate the latter yet - the original method will be too tedious for anything significant. (but, starting to look into svg.js and snap.svg)

Reactions: Cirro84

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Welcome.

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Playing with ML (in this case, training computer on text from a certain game) and got some fun quotes (all computer-generated):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sample full output (nonsensical, but not totally random):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, a lot of the generated text was pretty lewd for some reason...

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Disclaimer - not making a game. I can't commit to that (lack of time).
But, I did use to like art. So maybe I'll just challenge myself to produce a small amount of content every 2-3 weeks. If there's some kind of improvement, we'll see if anything comes of it.
hj00a.png hj00b.png

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Well, this will be last post for the next few weeks, but I have a new svg (with a bit of animation) at my usual site.
ec2-3-80-29-22.compute-1.amazonaws.com/hj00.html
[link]
Preview:
hj00.png

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
New asset, direct link is
(otherwise can find it from link in OP)

Art Stuff: This time I traced an image from Slave Matrix, and did my usual thing of 2 SVGs + code to tween the animation.

Code Stuff: I actually improved the code so that it can auto-detect which paths need to be calculated. I also did a bunch stuff with color, and you'll notice that you can freely change eye and skin color. (I'm also a bit proud that total size is currently under 100KB).

Future Stuff: If all goes well, the plan for next 2-3 weeks is another art asset (sexy pose?) and some more code improvements (TBD; maybe more complex animations).

Preview pic included in post (note: the actual ones have some small improvements):
sakiyu-normal-00.png sakiyu-normal-01.png

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Start/Stop does nothing for me and the horns can't be colored, the color does not overlay the lines either for me.

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Well, new post is a bit early; at link below:

This time, the animation has multiple stages, and the pose is maybe sexy (as hinted before), but still room for improvement. The face animation is pretty subtle, but noticeable if one looks for it (and I finally added eyebrows, lol). Also, some text elements are mixed in as a teaser.

I'll try not to get too excited and post more significant updates every few weeks, but I was kind of proud of this one and wanted to jump the gun.