RANKING BEST ART & BEST STORY [Lucius Logan]

My Ranking is for Art and History in the game published here in the Forum, what do you think?

• I totally agree.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I agree partially.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • I totally disagree.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • My favorites are not in this Ranking.

Votes: 15 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I will just go by art, lot's of that is subjective so I will stick to games using renders but I will give a shoutout to Sanguine Rose cause that art I think is fantastic.

1. Jessica O'Neil's Hard News (StoperArt) - No one compares to this guy. He puts us all to shame, seriously, nobody even comes close.
2. REVOLT (Neo City) - Unique look, good shots, fantastic work on textures and lighting.
3. Milfy City (Icstor) - Very Clean and incredible models. Caroline is one of the hottest models in any game.
4. Timestamps (Motkeyz) - Again unique and defined look.
5. Anna's Exciting Adventures (Deepsleep) - Anna is great and the oversaturated look separates it from others. Not to mention I kinda dig her look.
6. Dreams of Desire - Great shots and composition. One of the first to really shine.

I can't think of anymore because I don't typically have time to play many games but there are still lot's that are good or others where you can tell they are improving update after update which I look forward to.

I didn't make it to either list! :p

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I realize you presented this as your own opinion. Obviously people's opinions can vary greatly (looking at the poll results). I think you might have been better off framing the list as "Favorite" instead of "Best." Favorite implies it's what you like the most, best implies objective quality. I mean maybe we could set up some sort of awards on the forum. Have a nomination process then a voting process. Could do this at regular intervals, annually, or twice a year maybe.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I realize you presented this as your own opinion. Obviously people's opinions can vary greatly (looking at the poll results). I think you might have been better off framing the list as "Favorite" instead of "Best." Favorite implies it's what you like the most, best implies objective quality. I mean maybe we could set up some sort of awards on the forum. Have a nomination process then a voting process. Could do this at regular intervals, annually, or twice a year maybe.
that is good idea. about that quality contest. But how you want to do? If you let it on players they simply pick they favorite not the best.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Not an idea to do casually, it would simply turn into a popularity contest and SS and MC would win everything by default.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
that is good idea. about that quality contest. But how you want to do? If you let it on players they simply pick they favorite not the best.
If we were really going to do it, we'd have a committee selection. I would say mostly devs and/or moderators. An odd number would be good for tie breaking, say 7 or so. They would determine the official winners in categories. We could also have a popular vote, so for each category there is also a "people's choice" winner.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
If we were really going to do it, we'd have a committee selection. I would say mostly devs and/or moderators. An odd number would be good for tie breaking, say 7 or so. They would determine the official winners in categories. We could also have a popular vote, so for each category there is also a "people's choice" winner.
Looks like a really nice idea !

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
I can see ICSTOR for best art but honestly, story, not by a long shot, DoD beats it since it actually has a (slightly predictable) story, go look at acting lessons, nice slice of psuedo drama, far better story than 90% of the games i've played this year, characters feel more real or at least real enough to keep me engaged.

Man of the house has neither story or character, though i like the graphics, Big brother has no story though it started with one, graphics are dent too, pity it died the way it did, since the assets are known across the board a moder could finish the story.

Give dual family it's due while it is an exercise in milking the story is one of it's strong points, though i don;t expect an actual main four sex scene before i'm admitted to a retirement home.

Reactions: arnielinson

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
This is just a list of all the mainstream games on f95 XD:)

Reactions: N7

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
The story is so subjective.
Some like slice of life while others like it with fantasy.

Art wise;
1. Jessica O'Neil's Hard News is amazing.
2. Milfy City
3. Depraved awakening
4. Big brother (until everyone started using the characters and style)

On the 2d front, something unlimited is amazing and the avatar game.

When making list like these it really hits me how many games I haven't played.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Highly opinionized post. Not even accurate......

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
i highly disagree with the list you need to play more games bud..
not even Depraved Awakening for both art and story, Timestamps, Unconditional Love, for the best art, and Acting Lessons for the best story...
:pokerFace:

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
i highly disagree with the list you need to play more games bud..
not even Depraved Awakening for both art and story, Timestamps, Unconditional Love, for the best art, and Acting Lessons for the best story...
:pokerFace:
now that you are listing other games, I will certainly test them and update my list ... hahahaha

Reactions: N7

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
I am pretty much disagreeing about everything, other than "Milfy City" on the top of best visuals.

"Dating my Daughter" is on best story, but "Acting Lessons" are nowhere to be seen.... sounds legit. Seriously, "My sister Mia" is better story than DmD. At least that story is entertaining to see.

Also, "Long live the Princess" is nowhere to be seen on either list, but "Harem villa" is in top 10 best art? Wtf? Also, Big brother might not have a very good story, but it has better visuals than almost any game on your top 10.

Also kinda stuped about how "F.I.L.F." ended up in "best story" somehow, but "Acting Lessons" wasn't worthy of a spot..... jeez.

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017
I am pretty much disagreeing about everything, other than "Milfy City" on the top of best visuals.

"Dating my Daughter" is on best story, but "Acting Lessons" are nowhere to be seen.... sounds legit. Seriously, "My sister Mia" is better story than DmD. At least that story is entertaining to see.

Also, "Long live the Princess" is nowhere to be seen on either list, but "Harem villa" is in top 10 best art? Wtf? Also, Big brother might not have a very good story, but it has better visuals than almost any game on your top 10.

Also kinda stuped about how "F.I.L.F." ended up in "best story" somehow, but "Acting Lessons" wasn't worthy of a spot..... jeez.
I understand your opinion, but I have not really played the games mentioned as:
Depraved Awakening, Acting Lessons and Betrayed.

As for Harem Villa, when I made this list the first time he was one of the best arts, after that appeared almost 100 games after some better, but many certainly worse!

I try to do some rendering in DAZ 3D but the lighting part is the worst obstacle to getting a great image!

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018

As for Harem Villa, when I made this list the first time he was one of the best arts, after that appeared almost 100 games after some better, but many certainly worse!

I try to do some rendering in DAZ 3D but the lighting part is the worst obstacle to getting a great image!
Well, I might have been a bit harsh in a my comment, for which I do apologize. It probably comes down to the way your thread is titled, which makes it seem like what you are presenting in your post is objectively factual, while it is clear that is extremely subjective (IE, your personal opinion).

I would probably have titled the thread "Ranking my personal favourite art & story games" or something similar, just to avoid confusion. And I would advise you to give Acting lessons a try, cause its an amazing game.

As for Daz, yeah, the lighting can be a bitch, but you just need to keep practising, and perhaps ask for some pointers on the forums. I am also in the stages of making my own game, so I know just how annoying it can be to get a scene right.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
sorry my friend!

this old ranking and your game not had not been released yet!

but he will surely enter! I will also remove the games that have been abandoned!
It's ok Iam not talking about my game. Just to me art quality like Inceton using is in almost every other game. :)

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017

Lighting is that magic what makes difference between average and great renders. So it cannot be that easy. Just need little practice.