VN - Ren'Py - Raptus [Ep.9 P3 v1.2] [RedStarStudios by Infros]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Axxis

It felt repetitive. Countless scenes that felt like you already seen them before. It doesn't feel like the story has an actual plot. It's just feels like a rape simulator. For some reason they clogged the story up making you click on choices that only gave you one option instead of just writing that option into the story. Speaking of choices for some reason they decided to take out the auto read function and forced you to click through gigs of pictures for no reason and yet they left in the skip function. I click on a mouse all day everyday at work and I refuse to do it when reading a VN that was built on an engine that had a built in function to allow you to set your reading speed and just read and click on dialogue choices when they come up. It's mind boggling to me when devs take that function out. I found myself using the skip function quite a few times since that was my only choice besides constant clicking. The premise had potential but the execution is poor.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Echowraith

In this game, we play as a serial rapist and killer who has just been released from a mental hospital and hears voices and has another identity in his mind. It's so clear that the game comes from a really twisted mind, it goes beyond just fantasy and breaks barriers. Of course, there are some logical inconsistencies, like being able to rape a girl outside and then just go home, but somehow, even though you leave evidence and are seen dragging her without a mask, the police can't find you (CCTV? nah, fingerprints?). If you can overlook these plot holes, you even have a psychologist girlfriend as a serial rapist killer, which I found to be a fascinating and natural character development. Each character has their own personality and psychological depth. However, every time I saw Martha, I felt sad, yet I know that the right path involves being harsh; there's no room for weakness. Aside from that, the story really becomes intriguing after a certain point but then it just ends and says to be continued, though it hasn't been updated for a long time. The adult content is more than sufficient, truly on an excellent level. I would definitely recommend this game for its story, as a dark game, and for various other reasons. Two things to note: there are texts writes 'Raptus' where the game means to force rape, it's a button you can press (it took me half the game to realize this, that's why I mention it), and this game is the fucked-up version in the realm of fucked-up games (I found it through special research), so make sure you're not going through a sensitive period in your life or have any serious trauma PTSD related with any plot of the game before playing.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

HRF94

The premise is good, the potential is there, the execution is severely lacking...

The gripes:
    - there are no choices. sometimes there is a button that has a pre-game over scene attached, better save before hitting that
    - the visuals would be okay-ish... in 2017...
    - no animations. and when animations start appearing, they'd better not...
    - sever case of ESL... a simple spellcheck in any of the myriad office-programs available would help. a lot...
    - the characters are bland. the two attractive characters I'd like to explore more (therapist and sisterroommate) are off-limits except for some light foreplay (both have game over buttons tho)
    - plot is non-existant after the "quest" the therapist gives MC
    - the inner voice/demon could be fun, but it's mostly "you're weird" "no, you're weird" "yeah, you right".

since the genre is kinda starved for content, eh, give it a go...
    expect mostly senseless violence and bad sex, but not much else and don't get too attached, dev seems to have a habit of dropping projects for no apparent reason
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Penetrator God

It started well. However, after the main character was released from the mental hospital and returned home, the pace slowed down very badly. After a lot of unnecessary dialogues, you realize that the main character is suffering from gollum syndrome. The voice in his head, his alter ego, starts to intervene in the main character's actions, which means more unnecessary dialog that you just have to skip in the gameplay. The renders look good but the animations are very bad. They're just a few frames repeating over and over again. The idea is actually very good but the execution is not what I expected. I don't feel like I'm playing an evil character with mental problems who has committed a lot of crimes. The game also is very silent. I heard a bit of music in the main menu and after that the game was so quiet that I felt like I was deaf. It shouldn't be so hard to add one or two copyright free music.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

KhaiFirst

Excellent! but not because witcher3 quality or story.. but i like it!

Story is okay could be boring.. but is not )

Gameplay is VN with violence sex manipulation and Necrophilia "just a game"

*this review base on my opinion. if you don't agree can go fly a kite.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I thought it had more potential but it just fails in to many areas.

Girls lack alot in personalities so they become dumb and boring, the writting dosent help much either, MC isent much better either.

Fetishes and girls are forced on you, so you better be into anything and everything from young to granny, small tits to big tits, tin and fat girls, anal to fisting, since you have absolutly 0 controle over anything.

Which lead to the lack of choices they are rare and barely mean fuck all, well some leads to game-over which is idotic on its own, like rape your "sister" oh no thats not allowed, rape your mother sure thats just fine?
    MC is supposed to be some kind of crazy rapist but you arent really allowed to play him as such, you just follow along on a kinetic story line which makes it even more pointless.

For the girls i really dident like them much, theres maybe one max 2 i would even consider good looking but the rest dosent come anywhere close to that, you would think MC being a rapist would pick good looking girls? but nope.

As for animations well about half is picture to picture so not animations, the other half that are animated arent that good either.

Theres no music either so theres nothing that will sets the mood which also adds to the boring feeling.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Bananas1587

Rating for the VN game Raptus

**Graphics: 4/5 stars**
    The graphics in Raptus are impressive and add to the dark and dystopian atmosphere of the game. The visuals are detailed and colorful, which adds to the overall immersion.

**Animations: 4/5 stars**
    The animations in Raptus are fluid and well executed. They add to the overall atmosphere of the game and enhance the gaming experience. The character movements are realistic and the transitions between scenes are seamless.

**Plot Twist: 5/5 stars**
    Raptus outdoes itself when it comes to plot. The story is refreshing, dark, dystopian and suspenseful. The unexpected twists and turns and the psychosis aspect of the main protagonist create tremendous tension and make the game really exciting to play.

**Overall rating:**
    I find the story of Raptus refreshing and exciting. The dark and dystopian atmosphere, coupled with the compelling storyline and well executed animations, makes this game a must-play for any visual novel fan. I'm really looking forward to playing more of this game and highly recommend it.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Jaango

Even with this high rating this game is poor in many aspects. There is some fetishes which many don't prefer but some prefers. But writing felt poor and renders are average. Models are your usual models. Even with the choices it's kinetical and linear. Oh I forgot characters are dumb af. Only good thing in the game is sister character she is also weird like MC. Their combo is good. Overall I felt this game slightly below average.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

fixedit

I Froth This Game SOOOO HARD! absolutely love it .
    I wait literally for a new update to this game on the edge of my seat. Its very rare to get a game that does what this one does. I love that its not so plain and vanilla like all the others. Even if they do go a little dark they dont have anything on this game hahaha
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Juicy Blueberry

Disgusting, twisted, crazy but sexy game. Creative in sex scene. Whoever made this game must be a real genius. I was shocked that this game is not being banned from itch.io. Reading recent posts, I am glad the developer will add more sandbox stuff. The only thing that sucked would be almost no sounds.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

lemostanh69

First sorry for my english
    As a fan of dank AVN i rate this game 5/5. And if you are a fan of that genre, you know how hard to find a good game.
    Simple but sold story. In the time when every Vn try to impress player with so many plots that doesn't make any sense even at VN stander. This is a plus point.
    Very good render and character design. I fell in love in first sight with MC's sister
    What make it a excellent game? compare to Friend in need ( also very dark game with path) this game make you more easy to choose the dark pass because there is no consequence. The girl you meet in game you don't know them, to you - player, they are just a object. So the real question is how dark you choose to be? I understand some people will not like that but to me after play this game and Friend in need (i also love that game 5/5) its feel so good to make a easy dark cruel choice to see how evil your MC can be.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

kameohawk

Na sorry, not for me. The English is.... not great in places which drag you right out and the whole premise is... too dark. "Oh but Kameohawk it's just a game and people should be allowed to express..." nope, gotta stop you right there. It's... too dark even for that.

The renders could be good, who can tell. It's hamstrung by it's very being
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Sin-Gel-Itch

Very solid renders, extreme fetishes, family harem, godawful writing with an irredeemably psychotic manchild MC - that's the gist of it.

However, I do want to use this opportunity to invite whoever is reading to ask themselves this question - is placing this kind of content into a video game safe or wise?

On one hand, allowing the catharsis of pure destructive ID to rampage in a safe and consequence-free digital box, where serial abuse and violence can be indulged in without doing actual harm to real people might just safely channel such urges and showcase the utter desolation such monstrous behavior would wreak on people - and to make things clear, the protagonist here is an irredeemable monster, not an alpha male, not a hero, a monster who would have to be immediately put down if he wasn't a video game character.

On the other, does having the ability to kill a digital person and then violate their body, or repeatedly imprison and abuse such people, or (and this was where I decided to uninstall), forcibly induce abortion on a pregnant woman not tempt those with psychotic tendencies into trying to re-enact the twisted things they see in a video game in real life?

Arguably it's the age-old argument that was made against video games once they moved past abstract blocks falling into a grid - whether the actions you take in digital spaces inform the actions you take in the world.

Even though the writing is shit, I'm glad that Raptus exists, such as it is - it has shown me that even my extensive list of fetishes has an end, and I hope it makes people who play it reflect.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Liv08

Another "dark" VN ruined by some second personality trying to convince us to do stuff... does the dev thinks we need confirmations?

We downloaded the game already man, having the MC arguing with his inner demon or whatever every single time is just boring and pathetic

Characters are a joke, extremely submissive and dumb or extremely bossy and dumb. A piece of brick has more in-deep personality

The reasons for a shrimp like the MC to be able to do all his things without resistance or being caught are absurd

This story is more like some wet dream any teeny would have
  15. 2.00 star(s)

BearBalls

For the love of God Redstar you have to get a English proof reader.....Game would be decent if the dialogue was coherent... or spelled correctly. Im sure you can find someone that will help you for free. But as of right now the dialogue is too big of mess to get into the story.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Kezza329

what can i say, this started off as a dark, twisted, taboo, mind fuck of a game, and was a generic VN at that. HOWEVER!
    you can clearly see that the dev has put in the time to learn his craft, no more with the horrible non fap worthy static animations, and now in with the smoother animations, which are ten folds better than what was originally in the game.. (i hope you plan to rework all the old animations to fit the new quality, rather than it be inconsistent, as id love to do a fresh save with the same good quality throughout)

that aside, this game is for twisted degenerates like me with a power complex, and a dark mind, but uses games to explore them safely, and this scratches that itch! now remember folks, and bare in mind with my previous comment. WHAT WE PLAY IN GAMES, ARE NOT OKAY TO DO IRL. there is no problem with you downloading any game online and using them as a safe way to vent your taboo kinks, however never think crossing that boundary is okay, it ISNT.

but this game is amazing, and it allows you to fully explore and uncensored psychotic role play, where you play as a crazy serial killing rapist, (if you play him that way).. its great! love the options, love the range of characters (would love male and trans slaves too, and would love a sandbox type gameplay to where i can freely repeat a vast array of scenes with my basement dwellers, or go on the prowl and hunt my next victim, it would work so damn well if done right!)... if you wanna live out your dark twisted fantasies in the safety net of a game, then this is your go to.

you can clearly see as time has gone on, the dev has improved their craft and made the game better overall. i commend you fully! this is a great game, and an even greater game in the making!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Furkage

If you want to channel your inner psycho, then this game is for you. It's definitely not for the kind hearted people. But this is what I come to adult games for except thicc MILFs. I want to be a jerk MC. Not too many games out there to give you that.

Good game overall. Renders are good, lots of content, decent animations. We need this kind of games and im thankful to dev for that.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

TheLegend1337

this VN is pretty bad.

I like some of the darker stuff but MCs personality is just such a turn off. The dominant and intimidating aspects of his personality could've been great, but it feels more like the personality of a spoiled brat.

For example; when his stepmom or whatever she is, tells him she doesnt like his advances, he starts acting like a spoiled brat telling her something along the lines "I feel like you dont want me here so ill pack my stuff and leave", then he sits and waits in his room for her to come and try and apologise.

Is it just me who gets the "i didnt get the toy i wanted so now im gonna throw a childish tantrum" vibes?

the design of the females is terrible, They are ugly as hell.

The grammar, and spellings feels like it was written by a grade schooler.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Roadroller

Pro - 2 or 3 of the girls look ok.
    Con - The game.
    Ok ok, more to the point the game is just anti-fap. Even if you were into the stuff going on in the game and somehow connect with the MC. The side characters are also just awful. Might be one of the only games I just closed and uninstalled after a hour or so because I was getting less horny by the minute.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Crackcocaine

Poor writing with a pathetic character that they try to make look big and intimidating, feels like something a teenager would come up with. The animations are not that good either which means the nsfw is also not that good. I guess it works for the more soft and innocent people with kinks that haven't been exposed to this kind of shit or something but apart from that, not much to see here. Unless you want a game to laugh at, then this shit is gold!!

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if the game's ending revealed that this was just all in le head.