Others - 癒らし暮らし ~Relief Doll~ by SOUTH TREE

1. 1.00 star(s)

Neonwarrior

I played about an hour of this, and it is a colossal waste of time. On DLSite this is listed as a simulator, but it is clearly a visual novel. There is nothing in this "game" that you could not do in real life—it is a simple lovey-dovey teenage romance cohabitation game (despite the girl being 27 years old, she has never once kissed or had sex, keeping with the longstanding tradition of sexual repression in Japan). Since you play as an android, your character has no personality beyond "yes, Master, right away, Master; have a good trip, Master."

Your hand is held the entire way by an incredibly slow pacing that never relents. This is a game where you click as fast as you can to get past the incessant dialogue, but the fast forward button is broken and does not work properly, so have fun doing nothing for extended periods of time. You spend 90% of your time staring at a simple CG of the interior of a living room waiting for the main character to finish her infuriatingly slow, pathetic driveling speech about how nervous she is from purchasing you, giving you orders like how you need to make breakfast and do the laundry, followed by a long beat as your hear the sound effects of your character doing maid's work around the girl's apartment that nonetheless lack graphical representation or interactivity of any kind.

I only lasted an hour before I could take no more. I am floored by how this has so many positive reviews and sales on DLSite considering this is labeled as "simulator" and yet it is clearly a subpar milquetoast cohabitation visual novel that only seeks to waste your time. Steer clear even if you like visual novels.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

SoberSphagghett

Visual novel style, the menu is translated by default.
    The things that need translation are the in game text and ingame options.
    Some where I managed to find a dialogue option that lets you name your character. The gal also has a name, but I skipped that part XD
    Fidgeting around, I found out that the save/load options are only available while your relief doll is present.. at night?

The options include barebones sound options and text speed options.
    No video options.

Because there's nothing translated apart from the start menu,
    I can't progress much further than the time consuming events,
    the save/load options and the arising options as the days go by, and you build relationship with her.

The gal is a gorgeous long brown haired with grey eyes and glasses.
    She has a nasty habit of setting her luxuriously long hair in a knot.
    As soon as I find a way to make her 'let down hair' the default, I'll let you know :3