VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Re-Demption [v0.0.3] [Equilibrium Project]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Catwashere

The game needs some work maybe even redone from the start. The plot is really interesting and the renders are very good along with a decent main character.

Art/renders 8/10
    Story 7.5/10
    Characters 7/10
    Sex 2/10 game is still early on!
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Demo...

This is an extremely short demo, that feels more like a plea by the developers for donations then an actual visual novel/game introduction or demonstration...

The visuals of the only character (and her multiple personalities) are ok, but look a bit scary, and I don't mean the horror movie kind... The backdrops are very few and drab for the moment...

The script is ok, but has spelling/grammar errors along with too many interruptions by the author... There really isn't a plot, but from what it looks like the story will be about a female protagonist with multiple-personality disorder... Sometimes she's a naïve and religious girl, and the next she is a freakish looking psycho girl who loves baring her teeth... During the first half of the very short introduction, the protagonist talks more like she's the developer than a story character, asking for donations to continue development, and to add more characters, etc... Shortly afterwards, you get a very short glimpse of the fact that the protagonist has psychiatric issues, as she talks to one of her other personalities... Then after a very quick scene with, what looks like the psycho version of the protagonist, with her eyes bleeding or something, this intro/demo is done...

You barely learn hardly anything at all about what this VN/Game will really be about, beyond the original post text... You learn the developers need donations if they are going to add more content, and that the protagonist is on meds and is having a psychotic break... The end (regardless of the choice made)...

Overall, I'm not impressed with this demo at all... It barely tells you anything, and looks like it plans to go to some very dark (and I don't mean necessarily erotic) places as it develops... The original post text even makes it sound like this story will be all over the map, almost like it plans to just cause mass confusion... I also do not like seeing begging for donations this quickly into development, as it almost sounded like the developers couldn't develop anything without donations, with what is said... That is not a very good first impression for a demo... I expected to see more about the story, to have some sort of clue what this VN/Game will really entail beyond the OP text... But that is not to be... Going off what little this demo reveals for the moment, I'm not impressed... Will I revisit it? Not if this is how future development will look and feel, as updates are released... Guess only time will tell...