VN - Ren'Py - re:Dreamer [v0.18.1] [Dream Team Studio]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Makingmischief

Really not worth the time or the effort. Poor writing, railroaded decisions. It attempts profundity but only ends with a boring, stilted experience. Boring gender, bender without any incentive to continue or meanginful choices. Let this one die a slow, shallow death it deserves into vaporware.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Glatteis

The game has come a long way from where it was initially. Now, I would gladly recommend the game to Gender Bender fans. Even more so with the update frequency as well as the quality of said updates.

The game is still very text heavy, however. Especially if this isn't a first time play-through. But there are other games that make this amount of text look miniscule so I personally didn't have an issue with it.

tl;dr - I recommend this game for Gender Bender fans as of now, and with a hopeful future.
    - I don't recommend it if you really dislike text. Though again I didn't find it that bad, it is still text heavy.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Taula

Personally on my first read when there was little beyond an introduction I found it perfect. Really enjoyed the writing.

Since then I have done a reread and it is true that I found It a bit wordy but thats probably because I don't have patience for rereads nor replays.

I will stop following it tho because I want to enjoy It and not read it like some kind of manga with 1 scene every month. Will defo check when its finished.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

skraf

Great art and concept but the mindnumbingly excessive wordiness and tangential writing by the author make it unplayable. You have to click through pages and pages of text before getting to a choice. As it sits right now, I would give half a star if I could.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

JwMGeT

A very fun and interesting concept of a mobile game turning your character into a female, which while has been done before, is still be worked on and not dropped like most other games of this concept.
    I like the individually drawn character art and scenes, it's not just a copy and paste of other games with crude 3D models.
    Overall I think it's an excellent game, and I'm looking forward to where the creator ends up taking the game.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Saafi05

Interesting start

- Gameplay
    Standard visual novel.

-Graphism
    The quality of the artwork is really good. Now, this is obviously great, but it worries me about the speed of updates to come considering all the branching path this game take this early.

-Sound Design
    A number of odd choices...
    Musics and noises that don't really fit most of the time.

-Story
    I see a number of complaints about the amount of text, but I don't really see it... I've explored all of the choices in this game in about 3 hours and after setting up the plot, there's the standard amount of sex scenes for a game of this size (small).

I generally like the writing, but I feel like it's gonna be pretty divisive due to how much the MC rambles on...

You probably won't be able to finish it without having sex, ignoring the bad end. Even putting the horny stat to 1, you're forced to masturbate in your friend's room (the only one with something resembling a route) and get raped by him. I imagine that at some point, you'll probably be able to avoid that, but the game is still full of dead end, right now...

I was intrigued by the trans stat and I'm not sure about how I feel on how the game handles it... I love the small reflections from the MC when thinking to herself like "I probably wondered about how I'd look as a girl more than most men...". Some dialogs shows that she's pretty much a trans girl in denial (at least when you max the trans stat), but it's also somewhat presented as a "fetish" in the mind of the protagonist or like in the code when there's an "AGP" variable (ugh...).
    Even with the trans stat maxed, MC feels a lot of dysphoria in the bad ending and it's probably a good depiction on how a trans man feels, I guess. Not really what I was looking for...
    Overall, I still like it, but I'm worried about how it's gonna get handled.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Leelloominai

I really want to like this game, but there so much really unncessary dialog which makes it looks like an bad anime where the main character try to be smart but its not... and jeeez the conversations take HOURS... i dont even care for the sex content of the game.. but any conversation take sooo fucking much time i lost hours until I realized the conversation went from nothing to nowhere.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

3r1z0

Oh, look, it's that same old gender swap trope. I was prepared for a lot of text, but this is just pointless. Unforgivable sin: Black screen, and each click gives you another paragraph to read... and then you get two more black screens full of text to click past. Makes you truly appreciate the games that just don't run at all.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Deleted member 545851

One of the worst things I have ever played in my entire life.
    This is just horrible, the noises the sounds the crappy unfunny references.
    I have a headache and I'm starting to question my own life, that's how garbage this experience was. AVOID AT ALL COST, IT SUCKS.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Melongirl3

A really good game with an engaging story and different outcomes based on different decisions. Clear recommendation for everyone who likes the Gender Bender genre. For my taste a bit too much text from time to time, that's why I am giving 4 stars.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + Well... Art style looks kind of good i gues? And... Thats all we have as a good point...

Bad Points
    - We have tons of text, i mean it... This game have tons of text and its even feels like texts are main thing not being game. With DEV's own words we have ''15 hours long 185k word count within dialogue blocks and an average non-technical English reading speed of 200-250 words per minute'' which means tons of text... Heck we dont even have different pictures to show that text's content and thats literaly make this game boring ASF... Heck even if you skip them for minutes the only thing you gonna see is some background and same characters... Even skipping them feels kind of boring and thats just wow...
    - A lot of content being locked behind being patron or doesn't even exist. Like game gives you two choice about doing someting and its literaly makes one of them un-avaiable... Yeah... Cool...
    - Like i told we lack of images and have a lot of text which lead us another bad point: sex scenes being awful... Sex scenes have only one picture and a lot of text again... Oh god... Seriously?!
    - We dont have animated sex scenes nor good enough number of picture describe those sex scenes.

For The End
    Its just terrible... DEV improved his game since first relaise i can give him that but It doesn't matter how many times you multiply zero, zero is still zero...