VN Ren'Py Re Education [v0.60F] [Purplehat Productions]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Purple it's already marked as a spoiler you didn't need to reply to it and make it visable my dude if peeps wanna see it they would have to click on it to see but then you had to reply to the spoiler marked message makeing it completely see-able spoiling it for any reader right out of the gate.
I edited the post to add a spoiler tag. They responded before that.

Feb 8, 2019
Hi @[B]Purplehat[/B]. I would like to say what a great game you did. it's quite lacking in the graphics area. but the plot and scenes make up for it.

I have a question btw. is really there will be no H-scene with natalia and chloe in the dark path in future updates? and i wonder that if zach can have the option of brainwashing the girls with most of their personalities intact (and the way they interact with zach is almost the same as in the good path...) but with a few twist.

Such as making them loving the fact that he made slaves out of them and being submissive and loyal towards him and never do things which he might hate unless he permits it. like they talk to him like how they talk normally to others somewhat. (They are still the same with dreams in their life bla,bla,bla, but the main focus of their lives now is Zach and his desires/orders. not some living robotic-like anal droids) since he's a bit freaked out when he did the deed with their heads and he could get over it since he changed them sure, but in a not so "mind-breaking" way. and we can get more interaction from them even when they are now brainwashed.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Hi @[B]Purplehat[/B]. I would like to say what a great game you did. it's quite lacking in the graphics area. but the plot and scenes make up for it.
Well thank you. Graphics wise, well, the hat doesn't have eyes, or an artist that it can pay, so it's doing the best it can.

Regarding your suggestions for future story paths, well, the hat is not going to spoil, beyond saying that yes, there will be different ways Zach can use that helmet.

Holy fuck this is dark
Seems you picked the dark(er) path. Mebbie try letting Rachel go...

Last edited:

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
The world you have created are polluted with broken people. A world who knows only victims and perpetrators.
Perhaps this world is a commentary on the victim/perpetrator mindset that has infected modern culture...

Buuut don't write it off yet, because non brainwashed Kylie will be appearing in 0.22, which should be ready by Oct 1st.

And she's not a broken person.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
this is an unofficial android port Re Education [v0.20] APK - MEGA

The hat has decided to take a look at this and see what it thinks. It's noticed a few differences in this Android port...

The 10 minutes of unskippable FMV cutscenes at the beginning have been removed.
The Nord VPN sponsorship dialog has been removed.
Rachel's voice plays at a varying pitch, making her sound like she's drunk.
The Opera scene in Chapter 2 has had its music replaced with Michael Jackson's "Beat It".
The egg laying scene in Chapter 3 has glitched sprites about 45 minutes into the scene.

And a small dialog error in The Joy of Derping scene. The hat is pretty sure that Bob Ross typically used Magic white to coat his canvas, and Titanium white for his palette, not the other way around.

Also the hat is currently running a fever so the above observations may not be accurate.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
I don't understand! Since I port on your game, I don't edit anything from your game. I think maybe your code is not compatible with android port
(I was half messing with you, and half under the influence of a fever.)

On a more serious note since there seems to be demand for it, the hat might as well make an official android port. So 0.22 is coming out soon. Might as well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: caxhub

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I don't understand! Since I port on your game, I don't edit anything from your game. I think maybe your code is not compatible with android port
Everything he listed was completely ridiculous and is not in the game, like a 45 minute egg laying scene.

• Red Heart
Reactions: caxhub

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
So, the hat is creating the build distributions for 0.22 and well... So it needed a Ren'Py package thingy for Android. Okay. Downloaded the package thingy.

Package thingy needs Java JDK thingy. Okay fine. The hat downloads Java JDK 8 just like Ren'Py asked it to. Installs JDK 8 and restarts...

Nothing. still says it wants JDK 8.

Hat reboots computer, restarts Ren'Py. Ren'Py still says it wants the JDK.

Hat reinstalls JDK 8 just to make sure and tried Ren'Py again. Ren'py still says it wants JDK.

Hat revisits JDK website and downloads the latest JDK thingy.

Ren'Py says it only supports JDK 8... It's acting like a spoiled child that first demands milk, so you give it milk. Then it wants cookies, so you give it cookies. Then it says they're the wrong cookies...

Well, the hat decided to take another stab at this and here is the result:

Sorted out the JDK issue.
Downloaded the android SDK
Configured the application naming with android's very specific and demanding name requirements. Mess this up and you have to restart this process from the beginning.
Downloaded another packaging app, yet another piece of software!

And the packaging app failed because of a 403 error from a website that it needed a file from!

So, the hat is done with Android. This is beyond ludicrous. When porting to Android requires you download multiple pieces of software and can fail because of a 403 error, there is some BS going on here, and this hat has jumped through enough hoops!

Last edited:
Reactions: tempboi7

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Well... It took a lot of teeth pulling, a lot of kicking and screaming, and more than a few curse words...

BUT:

The hat hopes its worth it, because porting to Android is a prime example of things being made as unnecessarily complicated as possible.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: hngg

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
It's far from ideal for multiple hosts to be involved in the setup as any step along the way things can go wrong. It's mostly open source stuff anyway so Renpy Tom should just find a way to host these essential libraries himself. Really frustrating how complicated it is for a first time user.

BTW, Purplehat Productions , you can add your own custom icon to the android port by placing a .PNG named "android-icon_foreground.png" right next to the main .exe before compiling. It's best to leave some white/black space as padding because Android likes to cut off the edges. I've attached an example you can use.

Last edited:

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
It's far from ideal for multiple hosts to be involved in the setup as any step along the way things can go wrong. It's mostly open source stuff anyway so Renpy Tom should just find a way to host these essential libraries himself. Really frustrating how complicated it is for a first time user.

BTW, Purplehat Productions , you can add your own custom icon to the android port by placing a .PNG named "android-icon_foreground.png" right next to the main .exe before compiling. It's best to leave some white/black space as padding because Android likes to cut off the edges. I've attached an example you can use.
Indeed. And thank you for the suggestions.

The hat is going to add a custom icon and loading screen in the next release. It didn't get around to it this time because it was happy enough to just get the damn thing working.

Also when the next version comes out, the hat may start its own thread here, so it can update the thread when new versions are released.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
You could open a ticket to take ownership of this thread if you want.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
May 26, 2019
That can be done?

Seems rather rude. It is my game, but, feels like that would be a hostile takeover.
Not really. It's actually the preferred option. I was an uploader for a short time and really you'd be doing the OP and mods a favor.

Feb 20, 2021
Holy shit, this is amazing. I haven't had a game genuinely make me question myself and my own beliefs this much since Lessons in Love and Re Education was way more profound. Didn't even get hard, still an amazing erotic game. I have never been this flabbergasted

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Oh shit. With all the talk about the android ports and whatnot, nobody said anything about the game itself having the next update released.

Purplehat Productions

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2021
Oh shit. With all the talk about the android ports and whatnot, nobody said anything about the game itself having the next update released.
Yeah. That's why the hat decided to take over managing the thread.

Now it can be updated when the new version is ready, which should be by Halloween.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Right, but even with the update having been uploaded, I didn't know it was a thing because nobody actually said it.

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes