• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Remainace

Apr 14, 2021
Hello everyone and I am Remainace or YakinGames.

I want to make a Team that will support each other and Improve at making Games with each other.

With a bit of Dedication and a lot of Skill, we can make the next best Games.
(Whatever your skilled at, apply for it. All positions are open)
Note: Payment will come off of Donations so if your looking for a Constant Payment, this team is not for you.

If interested, please contact me on my Discord or on this Thread.
Hope to Work with you!

Remainace#5884

Reactions: The Orchid

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The person who arranges while also working alongside with everyone
So... You are the idea guy who is going to pay them a cut of the donations that someday you will be receiving while artists, programmers and writers make your game for free until then?

What prevents them from cutting you off while they continue with the game?
Maybe I misunderstood and you can actually cover all of those roles, and you simply need help.

You should provide more information about what you will be doing, and what you are working on.
The more information you give, the better odds you'll have to gain someone's interest, especially since they are going to do it for free for a while.

Reactions: quarzo and Trojaner

Remainace

Apr 14, 2021
So... You are the idea guy who is going to pay them a cut of the donations that someday you will be receiving while artists, programmers and writers make your game for free until then?

Maybe I misunderstood and you can actually cover all of those roles, and you simply need help.

You should provide more information about what you will be doing, and what you are working on.
The more information you give, the better odds you'll have to gain someone's interest, especially since they are going to do it for free for a while.
I made sure to state if someone is looking for a Constant payment this team isnt for them.

And I'm simply managing the Team so things dont go out of wack. Of course everyone has a Say in Anything.

Hope im not coming off Rude.

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020

That's a fair point...

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
At least let the guy explain his role before accusing him of being another Icstor
What? Are you implying that Icstor makes the effort of even doing that? I was under the impression that Icstor was more like those girls that are like a dead fish and wait for you to fuck them without moving even a single muscle.

PS: Op good luck. Pro tip from another person who thought 'managing a team' was a sufficient skill, until you can get a proper team who will make the game for you, I highly advise that you get some skills of your own, so that you can progress on the project yourself. If you don't do that and can't afford to pay people, you might hit a wall pretty quickly. And by this, I mean that I have been there, I have done that, and I highly advise that you learn from my mistakes and start studying right now before the issues actually pop up.

Reactions: Trojaner

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
What? Are you implying that Icstor makes the effort of even doing that? I was under the impression that Icstor was more like those girls that are like a dead fish and wait for you to fuck them without moving even a single muscle.

PS: Op good luck. Pro tip from another person who thought 'managing a team' was a sufficient skill, until you can get a proper team who will make the game for you, I highly advise that you get some skills of your own, so that you can progress on the project yourself. If you don't do that and can't afford to pay people, you might hit a wall pretty quickly. And by this, I mean that I have been there, I have done that, and I highly advise that you learn from my mistakes and start studying right now before the issues actually pop up.
Can you share your story in detail? Explain how you finally made the team you were looking for? How you finally made a game?

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Can you share your story in detail? Explain how you finally made the team you were looking for? How you finally made a game?
Sure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Redboa21

May 13, 2021
I sent a friend request and I'm a really good writer and I'm currently learning how to code but still not any where near good at it

nicod

May 17, 2019
cut the shit off please

Iam artist : if i need to make a game i can make it on my own using renpy till i have enough supporters to hire more team

Iam programmer : i will use 3DCG daz to make my own game will require alittle effort to adjust the lighting and quality but finally will work without getting myself rulled by someone who do nothing in the team calling him self the manager or whatever

Iam writer : i will use DAz and renpy and i will be able to make my own games

iam not a writer cause iam not english native but i learned Daz in 1 week and i learned renpy in 3 days
and if i was better in eng i would have made my own game already
stoooop being greedy people please

what was your job ? management of a team consist of artist , programmer and writer ? LOL
for me any of those member can fit the role of managing their own game

Reactions: quarzo

PeterEnis23

Sep 12, 2018
You sure your issue was not being a game developer?
Obviously its a huge plus knowing game development, when leading such a team.
But, if you studied business management you should be aware that you've never learned any specifics on the products/services your future companies will produce. Yet you learned to manage them.

Like, if I read your text:

Eventually, the people who worked on the project figured out that it was way too large in scope, ....

Despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to replace everyone, ...

... I didn't have any skills beyond being able to recruit people. I was easily able to gather them, ...
, but recruitment over the internet wasn't exactly reliable, and I didn't have the capital to hire people.

I had learned through my first big project that starting big was a huge mistake.
It seems that there were two issues:
- Your project was too big.
- Your abilites/possibilities to recruit people werent as great as you wouldve needed.

Now you might argue that if you had been an experienced game developer, you wouldve never made the mistake of having to big a project. But... No Mans Sky, Cyberpunk 2077, Star Citizen....

Anyhow thanks for sharing your story and kudos for staying on course and realising your dream of creating your own games!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ambir

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
don't be rude, i guess criticism makes more sense in the dev subforum, if someone likes this idea i guess they'll join no matter what kind of planning they have in mind.

The Orchid

Apr 28, 2022
Hello everyone and I am Remainace or YakinGames.

I want to make a Team that will support each other and Improve at making Games with each other.

With a bit of Dedication and a lot of Skill, we can make the next best Games.
(Whatever your skilled at, apply for it. All positions are open)
Note: Payment will come off of Donations so if your looking for a Constant Payment, this team is not for you.

If interested, please contact me on my Discord or on this Thread.
Hope to Work with you!

Remainace#5884
I´ve Already sent you a Friend Request on Discord, I´m interested in this.

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
This is not a huge company that one person needs to coordinate for it to work. You will have at most 4 ppl working in a group. One will do the writing, one will do the coding, and one will do the renders and post-work. None of these three people will need you to make a game. It's just a matter of time before they kick you out.

You are not EA that works with 10 projects at the same time and need to coordinate 1000 devs at the same time to work properly. You will prob be doing one project which will probably earn not enough to keep 4 people interested in sacrificing their time. Adult games is not an easy thing to do we see many people drop their project in the first release because they thought they will earn at least 300 with their first release.

Go install daz3d or start learning how to draw then come back one year later and write this post again. Give a reason for somebody to join you. Right now you would be just a fucking leaching from other people's work.

Jash

May 14, 2017
I made sure to state if someone is looking for a Constant payment this team isnt for them.

And I'm simply managing the Team so things dont go out of wack. Of course everyone has a Say in Anything.

Hope im not coming off Rude.
I understand your line of thought however you should be very careful if you go into this with the mindset of all you contribute is managing a team. Like Winterfire said if you don't have a discernible skillset that is essential for development or continuation of the project what is preventing your team from running away with your idea?

This could be things like working on writing for your game, thinking about gameplay mechanics, writing out a roadmap/planning, motivating the team, etc and i'm sure you could contribute on parts of that but it would be in your best interest to be upfront on what you are going to be contributing/willing to learn so potential team members have a clear view of what your role would be in the team besides just 'managing' since that's not really concrete when it comes to what the team can expect of you.

Just 'Managing' a small team is in MOST cases not a viable role if you're not able to be flexible and are able to support different parts of your team in a clear way, that's why this role is a dangerous one to pick since if your teammates would decide that the amount you contribute or your 'role' in the team is not concrete(visible impact on development) enough to warrant you even being in it they could just run off without you. Thus cutting you out of the project which is something I have seen before with a team whose game is also on this platform.

An important part of forming a team is creating a vision of what you want to make/achieve as well as discuss what you can expect from each other when it comes to:
- 'roles'
- Money
- Time commitment
- Work contribution(Be clear on what you are going to do write/code/)
- Etc / More expectations...

Managing these expectations as a team is very important when it comes to successfully implementing the vision into a workable game/product.

Bits and pieces of this advice can be found in the messages above but I hope this post of mine gives a clearer view/advice on actually being able to form your team as well as making sure your team stick together to be able to turn the vision into a working game at the end.

If you got some questions or I said something that doesn't make sense feel free to ask :)

TLDR;
Be clear on what you are going to contribute or willing to learn during development of your game since just 'Managing' in MOST cases can be a dangerous spot to be in.