4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
any compressed version please? don't want to risk my saves by using the modded version :confused:.

Dec 28, 2019
I think with Laurie, it feels like her disobedience is severely heightened by the fact that she she is just incredibly naive, and seems to trust almost anyone without hesitation or questioning.
I think that played big factor in how her and Carmen are getting along.

And I'm not sure I'd agree that attribute of hers amounts to actually understanding Carmen better.
Laurie is a people person, I don't doubt for a second that she has a better read on both Carmen and Gregor than the MC who has behaved like a clueless blockhead on numerous occasions. The only issue is that Gregor's current pathetic state could result in Laurie underestimating the threat he could pose were he to find a way to communicate with Astrid. Laurie is used to dealing with ordinary human beings like Carmen, vampires like Astrid and emotionally broken thralls like Gregor are still new to her.

Because let's not forget, despite Carmen and MC's relationship currently being allies for the time being, their encounter started off with Carmen leading MC into a trap to kill him.
Ancient history. Carmen's all but forgiven the MC, recognizing that he isn't the monster she thought he was and that her imprisonment was her own fault for trying to kill him. She is even slowly becoming addicted to the joy of being bitten by him. She hasn't attempted to escape once. She's much more concerned with saving Gregor and getting revenge on Astrid who she now realizes set her and her friends up and is far more monstruous than the MC.

Just feels like MC's reactions towards Carmen till now was pretty reasonable considering what he went through, in contrast to Laurie who just saw a woman locked up in the cage in the beginning.
His actions are perfectly reasonable for a socially inept male who fears being attacked again and is unable to interpret the signals she's giving off. A more socially adept man would see Carmen as a golden opportunity, not a threat.

Last edited:

Harry6hp

Jan 17, 2020
And it looks like Carmen is luring Laurie towards MC by using the fact that she dont likes sharon and making Laurie think that he dont likes her or care's about her or something

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I wouldn't say she resents him, she did come to accept what happened but she wasn't happy originally.

I'd say it's more like a child acts out against their parent, seeing how far they can push because they brought them into that world so they can deal with their shit.
I think you're right and possibly also attention seeking, potentially even subconsciously.
We know the thrall bond and the desire for a master's blood is strong so both of those together with a fairly new thrall could be causing the acting out, even if not intentional or deliberate.

Probably all the more reason to make sure she is in control of her actions and understands the gravity of the situation.

Reactions: Dom_D

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
His actions are perfectly reasonable for a socially inept male who fears being attacked again and is unable to interpret the signals she's giving off. A more socially adept man would see Carmen as a golden opportunity, not a threat.
Being extremely wary of someone who hunted and killed your kind for a living, is a sign of social ineptitude. In a world setting that even the slightest "misunderstanding of signals" can cost your (un)life. As established in the first encounter with her.

I learn something new on this site every day.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hey all,
I wanted to take a break and let folks play before commenting.

Enid- I think he is a Wolf-Boy (Markus and Sharon use that term, so Gangrel)

Princeps- Reasonably old, full of himself, but less dangerous than Virgil.

Virgil- A can of woopass in a stay-puff wrapper. I don't think he is what he seems to be, and he is definitely the more dangerous threat between the Princeps and Virgil. A lot of very smart movers and shakers preferred to act behind the throne. I would think a watching of Game of Thrones is in order, or read the books. Virgil is very very interesting.

Astrid- So maybe she is not a Tzimisce man. She may be the wannabe important person who has overplayed her hand. Sharon for her part should have shut the fuck up until she was ready to act, rather than tell Astrid she knows.. On the other hand, fear of death is worse than actually dying, or so they say. Astrid is still totally fucked. The fact that she thought she could get the MC to help her causes me to think that there is going to be potential for some serious mind fucking.

Fabian- Agent Provocateur for Calisto's Sect. He is a mole. They do not know of his ties to her, and they want it that way. Calisto is very likely analogous to a Cardinal of the Sabbat (NOT saying that she and her folks are Sabbat like, just that it is a separate sect from the Princeps and the other folk of the city which are semi Camarilla like) Fabian is likely to be dangerous to both teams. (and more dangerous to "Our" team)

Laurie- She is wonderfully classically herself. IF you are behaving on the blood feeding I think she will remain somewhat like Andrew, capable of independent action for your own good. Unless you want her to be Gregor like. True she is taking some chances, but she has a gun, and neither of the former hunters are armed. If she thought either was a threat to the MC I fully believe she would gun them down. And then need a hug.

Carmen- she is falling for the MC in spite of her hatred of vampires. Vincent must have died to a vampire and she became a hunter after that. I find it odd that an image of Laurie flashes just before the vision of Carmen and Vincent. There are some other images that flash also (in various places).

Gregor- yeah.... a mess. Might make a good thrall once Astrid is toast... if he can heal up his brain fry.

MC- Treatment of the humans. The MC is just barely starting to think and act like a vampire. People should not expect the MC to be a nice guy forever. Sure his mentor and current interest is very humanity based, but MommyVampFu sure as fuck isn't and she is not likely to let her boy go too far astray. Some hard choices I am thinking. At the end of the day, we, the MC are immortal, barring outside action. We have to protect that status. The sooner we realize that, the better off we will be, so-------
`
Threat Assessment in my humble opinion

Astrid-0 She has got nothing but pain coming.

Crew of the MC thus far-Gregor minus 10, Carmen 1 Sharon 1 Andrew 2 Laurie 1 Miri 0 Kassandra 2 (This is the crew I believe we will be working with for a while, and yeah Kassandra will be ours.. She is damn cute and having her income stream coming in would be nice!)-I even think Eloise will come to our team eventually.... if we play our cards right. Eloise threat 3 purely physical.

Marcius-2 (Physical threat, yeah. Not sure he has many allies)

Southern and other un-named Archon-unknown but due to association with Sharon, the Southern Archon is a 4, un-named I will say the same as Marcius 2

Enid and the female agent of the Princeps- 3 They will do as their master tells them... and probably die for it.

Markus and the Nos Net- 4 you can never really trust those sewer rat bastages.

Fabian- 6 Because he is possibly playing both sides... Or if he is not the same generation as the MC then he may want to take a stab at drinking him down himself. Fabian could turn out to be a very powerful ally also. I kind of hope he takes a stab at us, so we can actually drink him down.

Calisto- Either our strongest ally or our worst nightmare. Worse than below if roused against us. (Sharon has some pretty shitty odds is all I am saying)

Princeps-5 He is a powerful elder. He either tolerates you politely or impolitely depending on how far down the shaft of his
Vamp-Prick you went on bowing. He is very very very punchable, not to be trusted at all, and he shall die by our hand, I am almost sure of it, though it would be great if Sharon did the honors... It would truly graduate her to the Archon level if she did, if not Princeps. She does have a lot of popularity as the princep points out. For many reasons I think he will not be the "Him" that our Vision Girl Artemis mentioned....... I think that is:

Virgil-10 I am betting Virgil is fricking Roman Empire or Republic in origin, making him 2000+/- years old. I am thinking he is probably a generation higher (weaker) than the MC but is much older. This should make him the HIM......apologies to Ayhsel for causing shrinkage regarding Astrid. Though she would be more interesting the way I posit. If Virgil was the thing in the woods, things start to get very interesting. He has some inkling that the MC is something dangerous to him, possibly the only thing in the city that might be a threat (barring Calisto and the Ancient) What if Virgil wants to dig up Vision Girl and snack her down??? It would then make sense for Vision Girl to have her forces start maneuvering to defend her.

The 2nd episode or chapter or whatever we call it is functionally concluded with the investiture. I think that Sharon has 1 step of thralldom towards the Princeps from the glass of blood she was fed. It was short, as the investiture was the only thing left to complete the chapter, but if you noticed there were some conversation corrections and such, so yes it was short, but it concluded the chapter and set us on our course for chapter 3.

I like where we are going. It is sure to be at least interesting if not gripping and soulful. I think folks who never played a table top or computer vampire like game are going to have a hard time with where this might go.
Peace All!

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
You guys are all white curly haired thralls... Laurie needs to be reigned in... And not in a nice way, until she gets the message that she is no longer is anyone that matters... I'm sorry, you may be Laurie fans but she is literally Renfield eating bugs kinda important now..
That would totally kill MC and her relationship and MC's personality. In fact, it is because he cares she is in that situation, so treating her that way makes no sense.
hope Sharon acts a bit more accepting towards MC without cutting him short in everything and MC should think about what she is to him
Well, she went from not letting us in her bed to inviting us in her shower and kissing. We are boyfriend in all but name now.
Ancient history. Carmen's all but forgiven the MC, recognizing that he isn't the monster she thought he was and that her imprisonment was her own fault for trying to kill him. She is even slowly becoming addicted to the joy of being bitten by him. She hasn't attempted to escape once. She's much more concerned with saving Gregor and getting revenge on Astrid who she now realizes set her and her friends up and is far more monstruous than the MC
This. Carmen has a lot of future potential and she is not stupid to fail and see what is going on.
I think you're right and possibly also attention seeking, potentially even subconsciously.
We know the thrall bond and the desire for a master's blood is strong so both of those together with a fairly new thrall could be causing the acting out, even if not intentional or deliberate.
This. Not only she seeks her master but remember she was that way before the vamp business. They have been together and she plays the role of the oblivious in love childhood friend.
Hey all,

Virgil- A can of woopass in a stay-puff wrapper. I don't think he is what he seems to be, and he is definitely the more dangerous threat between the Princeps and Virgil. A lot of very smart movers and shakers preferred to act behind the throne. I would think a watching of Game of Thrones is in order, or read the books. Virgil is very very interesting.

Astrid- So maybe she is not a Tzimisce man. She may be the wannabe important person who has overplayed her hand. Sharon for her part should have shut the fuck up until she was ready to act, rather than tell Astrid she knows.. On the other hand, fear of death is worse than actually dying, or so they say. Astrid is still totally fucked. The fact that she though she could get the MC to help her causes me to think that there is going to be potential for some serious mind fucking.

Fabian- Agent Provocateur for Calisto's Sect. He is a mole. They do not know of his ties to her, and they want it that way. Calisto is very likely analogous to a Cardinal of the Sabbat (NOT saying that she and her folks are Sabbat like, just that it is a separate sect from the Princeps and the other folk of the city which are semi Camarilla like) Fabian is likely to be dangerous to both teams.

Laurie- She is wonderfully classically herself. IF you are behaving on the blood feeding I think she will remain somewhat like Andrew, capable of independent action for your own good. Unless you want her to be Gregor like. True she is taking some chances, but she has a gun, and neither of the former hunters are armed. If she thought either was a threat to the MC I fully believe she would gun them down. And then need a hug.

Carmen- she is falling for the MC in spite of her hatred of vampires. Vincent must have died to a vampire and she became a hunter after that. I find it odd that an image of Laurie flashes just before the vision of Carmen and Vincent. There are some other images that flash also (in various places).

Gregor- yeah.... a mess. Might make a good thrall once Astrid is toast... if he can heal up his brain fry.

MC- Treatment of the humans. The MC is just barely starting to think and act like a vampire. People should not expect the MC to be a nice guy forever. Sure his mentor and current interest is very humanity based, but MommyVampFu sure as fuck isn't and she is not likely to let her boy go too far astray. Some hard choices I am thinking.

Astrid-0

Crew of the MC thus far-Gregor minus 10, Carmen 1 Sharon 1 Andrew 2 Laurie 1 Miri 0 Kassandra 2

Marcius-2

Southern and other un-named Archon-unknown but due to association with Sharon, the Southern Archon is a 4, un-named I will say the same as Marcius 2

Enid and the female agent of the Princeps- 3 They will do as their master tells them... and probably die for it.

Fabian- 6 Because he is possibly playing both sides... Or if he is not the same generation as the MC then he may want to take a stab and drinking him down himself.

Calisto- Either our strongest ally or our worst nightmare. Worse than below if rouse against us. (Sharon has some pretty shitty odds is all I am saying)

Princeps-5 He is a powerful elder. He either tolerates you politely or impolitely depending on how far down the shaft of his
Vamp-Prick you went on bowing. I think he will not be the "Him" that our Vision Girl Artemis mentioned....... I think that is:

Virgil-10 I am betting Virgil is fricking Roman Empire or Republic in origin, making him 2000+/- years old. I am thinking he is probably a generation higher (weaker) than the MC but is much older. This should make him the HIM......apologies to Ayhsel for causing shrinkage regarding Astrid. Though she would be more interesting the way I posit. If Virgil was the thing in the woods, things start to get very interesting. He has some inkling that the MC is something dangerous to him, possibly the only thing in the city that might be a threat (barring Calisto and the Ancient) What if Virgil wants to dig up Vision Girl and snack her down??? It would then make sense for Vision Girl to have her forces start maneuvering to defend her.

The 2nd episode or chapter or whatever we call it is functionally concluded with the investiture. I think that Sharon has 1 step of thralldom towards the Princeps from the glass of blood she was fed. It was short, as the investiture was the only thing left to complete the chapter, but if you noticed there were some conversation corrections and such, so yes it was short, but it concluded the chapter and set us on our course for chapter 3.

I like where we are going. It is sure to be at least interesting if not gripping and soulful. I think folks who never played a vampire like game are going to have a hard time with where this might go.
Peace All!
Great analysis. Nothing to apologize for. I always found it interesting, even if as I mentioned before I claimed it would hurt the novel overall (beyond me wanting Astrid for other, more lewd reason)

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
That would totally kill MC and her relationship and MC's personality. In fact, it is because he cares she is in that situation, so treating her that way makes no sense.

Well, she went from not letting us in her bed to inviting us in her shower and kissing. We are boyfriend in all but name now.

This. Carmen has a lot of future potential and she is not stupid to fail and see what is going on.

This. Not only she seeks her master but remember she was that way before the vamp business. They have been together and she plays the role of the oblivious in love childhood friend.

Great analysis. Nothing to apologize for. I always found it interesting, even if as I mentioned before I claimed it would hurt the novel overall (beyond me wanting Astrid for other, more lewd reason)
The thing that always made me hold on to the theory is that Astrid IS a goddess, like too perfect. She may have some supernatural means of boosting her looks that would work even if in mini torpor. Presence would not function if she were unconscious, but some kind of shape manipulation would, and could explain Marcius' obscenely gross tongue.
The thought of those two together kind makes me vomit in my mouth a little.

Virgil does say that Sharon is the MC lover, and when he denies it, he seems shocked, and made the comment that eventually everyone fucks everyone, or something to that effect. Perhaps you shall get your wish my Vamp Brother!

Astrid strapped down, ravaged repeatedly by the MC, who then lets everyone else have a few turns... Markus included, hell Merrick too if that little prick is still alive heh.

Dec 28, 2019
Being extremely wary of someone who hunted and killed your kind for a living, is a sign of social ineptitude.
They were incompetent beginners pointed at Sharon and the MC by Astrid. Andrew 's lack of respect for them was pretty funny. And given that the love of Carmen's life had been murdered by the first vampire she ever encountered her desire to fight the threat presented by vampires was very understandable. Getting to know the MC has "humanized" him to her. She's discovered that not all vampires are monsters who murder those they feed from. She's even discovered she enjoys the MC feeding from her.

In a world setting that even the slightest "misunderstanding of signals" can cost your (un)life. As established in the first encounter with her.

I learn something new on this site every day.
If you want to hold onto a grudge against Carmen for trying to kill the MC before she really knew him that's your perogative. But let's not overrate the threat she presents to the MC moving forward.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
They were incompetent beginners pointed at Sharon and the MC by Astrid. Andrew 's lack of respect for them was pretty funny. And given that the love of Carmen's life had been murdered by the first vampire she ever encountered her desire to fight the threat presented by vampires was very understandable. Getting to know the MC has "humanized" him to her. She's discovered that not all vampires are monsters who murder those they feed from. She's even discovered she enjoys the MC feeding from her.

If you want to hold onto a grudge against Carmen for trying to kill the MC before she really knew him that's your perogative. But let's not overrate the threat she presents to the MC moving forward.
Carmen is not much of a threat at this point. Even if you are a douche to her, the kiss she got, made her weak in a lot of ways, and the fact she is still alive and you helped get Gregor back go a long way. While no one is 100% trustworthy in a vampire society, I think it is safe to put Carmen way down on threat level as I have stated that in my opinion, even more than Sharon or Laurie, I think Carmen is on an emotional slide to fall for the MC. I also think that she and Laurie will make a very good team for the MC. The only reason I gave her and Laurie threat ratings at all was because the MC would not expect it from those two.. If he hurries up and thralls Carmen and keeps both of them treated well, I think he is safe from them.

I also think that the humanity of our MC is going to be taking a beating in the not too distant future. Stay tuned!

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016

The biggest threat is the one you don't see coming. To me, the only way she should be allowed some of her freedom back, is to ensure her "mental leash" is unbreakable. Anything less would be yet another instance of MC acting stupid in a world that's supposed to be dark and unforgiving. "My first love was murdered by blood-drinking monsters that I have being hunting and killing all this time. But this one hasn't killed me yet and I get kinda wet when he bites me. So we cool now." Ridiculous...

If MC keeps acting like a naive dumbass with no backbone she won't even get the chance to be a threat. He will probably end up stumbling and getting impaled on a random stick by himself. Would be pretty consistent with his character so far.

Reactions: Nulldev and Dom_D

Dom_D

Feb 20, 2021
While Laurie is being foolish, I think she's mostly doing it for attention. We know she was hungering for the MC's blood and since Sharon and everything going on has taken the MC's attention away from her, she's being snarky with Sharon, who has the MC's interest and attention and being lax with Carmen and Greagor because while she might trust Carmen it also means the MC spends more time paying attention to her when he has to chastize her for not doing what she's told. As foolish and dangerous it could potentially be.
A good punishment then is thralling Carmen (which should be done anyway) and giving her more attention while ignoring Laurie and closing her in her room for at least a few days, with MC or Andrew explaining her that it's because she disappointed the MC.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Dunno about thralling Carmen as I see rather little value in her either - but honestly, at this point I'm so done with Laurie's unreasonable and clueless attention seeking, if she got her sorry ass killed my reaction would be a scoffed "told you so" and that's it.
I vote we kidnap Andrew and have a bromance ending.

Dom_D

Feb 20, 2021
The biggest threat is the one you don't see coming. To me, the only way she should be allowed some of her freedom back, is to ensure her "mental leash" is unbreakable. Anything less would be yet another instance of MC acting stupid in a world that's supposed to be dark and unforgiving. "My first love was murdered by blood-drinking monsters that I have being hunting and killing all this time. But this one hasn't killed me yet and I get kinda wet when he bites me. So we cool now." Ridiculous...

If MC keeps acting like a naive dumbass with no backbone she won't even get the chance to be a threat. He will probably end up stumbling and getting impaled on a random stick by himself. Would be pretty consistent with his character so far.
I agree partially, I think she could be made useful and loyal, a blood bound is a basic requirement anyway. They don't even know yet how she was able to resist Sharon's powers at the bar.
I agree that she is allowed too much freedom already, only because she didn't try to run away yet? And the threat Carmen and Laurie can be is more likely of the indirect kind. Laurie is a spoiled brat that can't be trusted alone at home without a babysitter but she can't be trusted outside either, she already messed up enough talking with Astrid for just a few seconds before. Even if the MC still didn't learn to shut up too...

Sharon and MC are searching for proofs about the links between Astrid and the hunters, they are those with 2 hunters free around their own house right now though.

Dec 28, 2019
This is a straw man argument. You keep pretending she's some sort of veteran vampire hunter with a hardened heart who has killed many vampires. She isn't and hasn't. Her reasoning was more along the lines of "My first love was murdered by a blood drinking monster, but we really screwed up and I'm lucky my life has been spared. Maybe vampires are as complicated as people with some good and some bad. Worse, I and my friends were used and manipulated by one of the bad ones to target a vampire who was just trying to live their life without hurting anyone. I'm sure glad he's spared me and helped me find my friend."

It's funny that we sort of agree on the MC being a dumbass for different reasons. I know you disagree, but to me its painfully obvious that Laurie has a higher social IQ than he does. It's a major part of why they were such great partners as DJ's. He handled the music selection while she handled the audience.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hey all,

Astrid- So maybe she is not a Tzimisce man. She may be the wannabe important person who has overplayed her hand. Sharon for her part should have shut the fuck up until she was ready to act, rather than tell Astrid she knows.. On the other hand, fear of death is worse than actually dying, or so they say. Astrid is still totally fucked. The fact that she thought she could get the MC to help her causes me to think that there is going to be potential for some serious mind fucking.

Fabian- Agent Provocateur for Calisto's Sect. He is a mole. They do not know of his ties to her, and they want it that way. Calisto is very likely analogous to a Cardinal of the Sabbat (NOT saying that she and her folks are Sabbat like, just that it is a separate sect from the Princeps and the other folk of the city which are semi Camarilla like) Fabian is likely to be dangerous to both teams. (and more dangerous to "Our" team)

MC- Treatment of the humans. The MC is just barely starting to think and act like a vampire. People should not expect the MC to be a nice guy forever. Sure his mentor and current interest is very humanity based, but MommyVampFu sure as fuck isn't and she is not likely to let her boy go too far astray. Some hard choices I am thinking. At the end of the day, we, the MC are immortal, barring outside action. We have to protect that status. The sooner we realize that, the better off we will be, so-------
`

Astrid-0 She has got nothing but pain coming.

Crew of the MC thus far-Gregor minus 10, Carmen 1 Sharon 1 Andrew 2 Laurie 1 Miri 0 Kassandra 2 (This is the crew I believe we will be working with for a while, and yeah Kassandra will be ours.. She is damn cute and having her income stream coming in would be nice!)-I even think Eloise will come to our team eventually.... if we play our cards right. Eloise threat 3 purely physical.

Marcius-2 (Physical threat, yeah. Not sure he has many allies)

Fabian- 6 Because he is possibly playing both sides... Or if he is not the same generation as the MC then he may want to take a stab at drinking him down himself. Fabian could turn out to be a very powerful ally also. I kind of hope he takes a stab at us, so we can actually drink him down.

Calisto- Either our strongest ally or our worst nightmare. Worse than below if roused against us. (Sharon has some pretty shitty odds is all I am saying)

Vamp-Prick you went on bowing. He is very very very punchable, not to be trusted at all, and he shall die by our hand, I am almost sure of it, though it would be great if Sharon did the honors... It would truly graduate her to the Archon level if she did, if not Princeps. She does have a lot of popularity as the princep points out. For many reasons I think he will not be the "Him" that our Vision Girl Artemis mentioned....... I think that is:

I like where we are going. It is sure to be at least interesting if not gripping and soulful. I think folks who never played a table top or computer vampire like game are going to have a hard time with where this might go.
Peace All!
maybe LikesBlondes went deeper and besides princeps, there's a vampiric world governemtn and in the great scale of things, Roland and the Princeps are nothing but mosquitos.. and while the questor looks like a mrshamllow man, in his presence at the moment he told MC to stay put was sure intimidating, the only threat assesement I would change are Enid and Adelina (I want her so hopefully MC will take her alongside zephyr, even if not for sex, she would be eye candy) as a team should be placed at threat level 4
Carmen is not much of a threat at this point. Even if you are a douche to her, the kiss she got, made her weak in a lot of ways, and the fact she is still alive and you helped get Gregor back go a long way. While no one is 100% trustworthy in a vampire society, I think it is safe to put Carmen way down on threat level as I have stated that in my opinion, even more than Sharon or Laurie, I think Carmen is on an emotional slide to fall for the MC. I also think that she and Laurie will make a very good team for the MC. The only reason I gave her and Laurie threat ratings at all was because the MC would not expect it from those two.. If he hurries up and thralls Carmen and keeps both of them treated well, I think he is safe from them.

I also think that the humanity of our MC is going to be taking a beating in the not too distant future. Stay tuned!
Carmen's threat will surrely skyrocket but at the moment I'd place her at -10 since she was treated nicely, experienced the kiss and has a common enemy.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes