Reccommended Books?

Siramar

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Hi everyone,
I've been working on a game using Ren'py and i was wondering if anybody had any reccomendations on any decent books that can help me with the script?

Many thanks in advance

Adrian

Eoin

The Bug Hunter
Donor
Feb 21, 2017
Perhaps have a look at these? ->

The Ren'Py Documentation

A Random list I found

Reactions: Siramar

DrSF

Oct 21, 2017
assain's apprentice :
a discovery of witches :
are good fantasy books the first one is in medivel times and the second one is in more morden times and its about witches ,vempaires,demons and humans this is a really routh decryption of the second book its just some of the elemnts in the book
they are both trilogys the first one is celld the farseer trilogy the second is all souls trilogy
i hope this helps you

Reactions: Siramar

Siramar

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
assain's apprentice :
a discovery of witches :
are good fantasy books the first one is in medivel times and the second one is in more morden times and its about witches ,vempaires,demons and humans this is a really routh decryption of the second book its just some of the elemnts in the book
they are both trilogys the first one is celld the farseer trilogy the second is all souls trilogy
i hope this helps you
Robin Hobb is one of my favourite authors, I'd love to (at some point ) do something similar (Fitz and the Fool are kick ass characters) I'll have a look at the All Souls, funnily enough my game is about vampires.

Thanks

Adrian

Siramar

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Perhaps have a look at these? ->

The Ren'Py Documentation

A Random list I found
That list is a great help, thanks!! Now found a use for my many xmas amazon vouchers :)

Adrian

Reactions: Eoin

DrSF

Oct 21, 2017
Robin Hobb is one of my favourite authors, I'd love to (at some point ) do something similar (Fitz and the Fool are kick ass characters) I'll have a look at the All Souls, funnily enough my game is about vampires.

Thanks

Adrian
no problem

yugo

Dec 1, 2016
On humblebundle there is a pack right now, might have a few books/vids you find infomative.

Studio Errilhl

Game Developer
Oct 16, 2017
If you're wanting help with code, I would recommend joining the Ren'py Discord, if you haven't already. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on there, and most are willing to help, even with complex issues. The Lemmasoft Forums are also good to check out (it's basically the forums for Ren'py, and contains a lot of code-bits, methods, and promotion sub-forums).