Recommend indor hdr

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone, i f any know a very good indor hdr for light up scene with character.i have tru point also but problem is that compact area not enough provided the quality what a want . So is there in hdr for indor to light all area?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hello everyone, i f any know a very good indor hdr for light up scene with character.i have tru point also but problem is that compact area not enough provided the quality what a want . So is there in hdr for indor to light all area?
Maybe try these addons.

All free and useful.

Reactions: DrakeOnLand

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party: NTR, or NOT
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
I’ve tried many HDRIs, and by far, the best one is Joelgecko’s Photoshoot hdris.

Just make sure you use Papertiger’s X-Ray HDRI Camera so the light actually passes through walls onto the subject.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I’ve tried many HDRIs, and by far, the best one is Joelgecko’s Photoshoot hdris.

Just make sure you use Papertiger’s X-Ray HDRI Camera so the light actually passes through walls onto the subject.
I am using this one.

Free. I am cheap. Anyway, works all the time.

I am still learning. It seems like forever. My aim is usually to get a quick render and these cam make it happen.
That means no Sun and Sky for me. Would love to use that but it just takes too long then.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021

Btw. what do you do if an asset refuses to render quicker even with an iray cam?
This is what i am struggling with. Like the kitchen from European Apartment. I am just not getting it why all the other rooms are easy to render but the kitchen is not.

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party: NTR, or NOT
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
Btw. what do you do if an asset refuses to render quicker even with an iray cam?
This is what i am struggling with. Like the kitchen from European Apartment. I am just not getting it why all the other rooms are easy to render but the kitchen is not.
I wish I could give you a straight answer—it depends how you’re setting up your scene and cameras, or how many subdivisions the objects use in the scene, etc.

Rather than making guesses, I’ll just present some solutions I use to get good-quality renders with a 5-year-old, integrated Intel laptop graphics card:

If I want a fast render:
1. Set up the max render time in settings to however long I’m willing to wait. (Ex. 1800 sec, or 1 hour)​
2. Take that grainy, or incomplete image, and process it through Intel DragNDrop Denoiser.​

If I want multiple uses from a single scene:
1. Use CameraMagic to save the characters in multiple poses to different cameras.​
2. Use RenderQueue to render each camera, giving me a background without characters. Then I render each camera which different poses were saved to.​
3. In Ren’py, layer these different renders to show the characters moving around (essentially creating sprites).​

If I want best-quality but slow render:
1. Pose and create multiple scenes.​
2. Render them all in row on my computer, overnight, as I sleep, using RenderQueue.​

In short, think outside the box. There’s plenty of tools out there you can use to speed up production, if you’re clever enough.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I wish I could give you a straight answer—it depends how you’re setting up your scene and cameras, or how many subdivisions the objects use in the scene, etc.

Rather than making guesses, I’ll just present some solutions I use to get good-quality renders with a 5-year-old, integrated Intel laptop graphics card:

If I want a fast render:
1. Set up the max render time in settings to however long I’m willing to wait. (Ex. 1800 sec, or 1 hour)​
2. Take that grainy, or incomplete image, and process it through Intel DragNDrop Denoiser.​

If I want multiple uses from a single scene:
1. Use CameraMagic to save the characters in multiple poses to different cameras.​
2. Use RenderQueue to render each camera, giving me a background without characters. Then I render each camera which different poses were saved to.​
3. In Ren’py, layer these different renders to show the characters moving around (essentially creating sprites).​

If I want best-quality but slow render:
1. Pose and create multiple scenes.​
2. Render them all in row on my computer, overnight, as I sleep, using RenderQueue.​

In short, think outside the box. There’s plenty of tools out there you can use to speed up production, if you’re clever enough.
Thanks for the share.

From the options 2 seems great.
This is actually what i didn't get. What i mean is, i am not sure how many games use characters as sprites.
My impression was that each render includes everything.
With that being said, i noticed that some asset take a long time to render than others and this is surely due the surface.
I had immense problems with FG assets. They look very nice but not really easy to work with.
My card is a RTX3060, so its kind of average i suppose but good enough but i still aim for fast renders, whenever i can.

RenderQueue is super. Something anyone should have. Though i notice that my different aspects get usually tossed for some reason. The first is the one it will be rendered in. Worst things happen. So it's ok.

Thanks again for the share.

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
I am using this one.

Free. I am cheap. Anyway, works all the time.

I am still learning. It seems like forever. My aim is usually to get a quick render and these cam make it happen.
That means no Sun and Sky for me. Would love to use that but it just takes too long then.
I have already download that and using on to make following render

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the share.

From the options 2 seems great.
This is actually what i didn't get. What i mean is, i am not sure how many games use characters as sprites.
My impression was that each render includes everything.
With that being said, i noticed that some asset take a long time to render than others and this is surely due the surface.
I had immense problems with FG assets. They look very nice but not really easy to work with.
My card is a RTX3060, so its kind of average i suppose but good enough but i still aim for fast renders, whenever i can.

RenderQueue is super. Something anyone should have. Though i notice that my different aspects get usually tossed for some reason. The first is the one it will be rendered in. Worst things happen. So it's ok.

Thanks again for the share.
I assume you have good card at least better then mine(nvidia GTX 940m). I have also facing same problem when render that kitchen scene with only one character. What I do first i have reduce object texture to minimum .bcoz there are many small item there to nvidia ray tracking have much more to do . What I set my scene those are not in camera i have deleted those object so nvidia have less object to trace. Alos try to remove glossy effect will also reduce render
time.and proper light . More darker area
nvidia have to take more time to render .
FYI: daz3d crash it if gpu and vram consume completely or freeze your system.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I have already download that and using on to make following render
Just an observation.
It looks good but,....
I see that the ceiling is gone (iray cam). What i would do, is to switch the enviroment tint in environment to black.
If you use sun and sky, just use a spotlight or a ghostlist at the window.
It will look more dramatic that way and reflect a more realistic flow.
Yes, i got lucky with the card. I rendered before with an ATI Radeon 480. It's speedy.

Here is my render on the kitchen. It took an hour to render. To be honest i never really went into the object textures. It seems i should. The kitchen has not much more than say the living room.

kitchen02_a.jpg

1701969341287.png

I am not good at rendering. At least not as some people do it. Though i think the result looks ok.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 091902.png Screenshot 2023-12-07 091836.png

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I assume you have good card at least better then mine(nvidia GTX 940m). I have also facing same problem when render that kitchen scene with only one character. What I do first i have reduce object texture to minimum .bcoz there are many small item there to nvidia ray tracking have much more to do . What I set my scene those are not in camera i have deleted those object so nvidia have less object to trace. Alos try to remove glossy effect will also reduce render
time.and proper light . More darker area
nvidia have to take more time to render .
FYI: daz3d crash it if gpu and vram consume completely or freeze your system.
I never did that. It's one of the things i usually ignore i suppose.
For the kitchen, i really should look into it. But then again, the office renders way faster. Ok, i removed half the stuff in there.
I will try that as well and hope the kitchen will render as a consequence faster.

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
Just an observation.
It looks good but,....
I see that the ceiling is gone (iray cam). What i would do, is to switch the enviroment tint in environment to black.
If you use sun and sky, just use a spotlight or a ghostlist at the window.
It will look more dramatic that way and reflect a more realistic flow.
Yes, i got lucky with the card. I rendered before with an ATI Radeon 480. It's speedy.

Here is my render on the kitchen. It took an hour to render. To be honest i never really went into the object textures. It seems i should. The kitchen has not much more than say the living room.

View attachment 3152138

View attachment 3152144

I am not good at rendering. At least not as some people do it. Though i think the result looks ok.

View attachment 3152149 View attachment 3152151
It really good buddy.