[R>Artist 2D] Share Recruiting 2d artist for a ren'py game

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
Project:
I have not chosen a name for the game yet. Here's a summary of the game's story :

Two world exist. One similar to the world you and me knows. The other is a world of magic and wonders.
The main character of the game comes frome the magical world. From where he comes, he is a known young hero who saved the life of many people.
He was part of a team. But one day, he made a mistake making a lot of people lose their life. Because of that, every one started to hate him. Not wanting to live like crap, he decides to leave this world and go to the other. In this world, he's able to get a fresh new life in a school where no one knows him. But will he really be able to live a normal life or will the ghosts of his past pursue him ?

The game will have a serious main story with some funny and goofy events. It will be a sandbox like summertime saga.

I have a fully playable prototype using AI art that I can send you if you're interested. It's around 30 minutes and gives a good idea of what the game will be. Of course it's surely bugged. I need to add that some of the AI art are a bit cursed sometimes but nothing really strange. This prototype is SFW.

Here are the mechanics already implemented AND working in the prototype :
- Sandbox map where you can navigate freely in the city where the story unfolds.
- Inventory and money system.
- Buy and sell system.
- Hint system.
- Crafting system (not used in the protorype)
- Turn based battle system with level up and stats (It won't be a big part of the game. More like a Minigame.)

What I want to add for the rest of the game :
- Investigation system : In some part of the story you'll be confronted by a mystery. You'll have to investigate and more to solve things.
- Choices : For now, the choices don't have an impact on the story. I want to add some that will make some differences in the story.
- And more if the project goes well.

Developer:
I'm a programmer and a writer. I've been writting stories since I'm little (nothing concrete for now) so I have approximately 15 years of casual writting in my life.
Languages :
- French (Main)
- English (Self taught)

Looking for:
2D Artist who can work with existing material. (wether it's modifying existing art or recreating one from scratch is up to you)

Employment Type:
Revenue share. The game is absolutely not getting any money right now so it won't be paid in the early stages.
Once we get a patreon (or anything else) running, the sharing will be 40/60 %. 60 is for the artist. (I'm open to discussion)

Work commitment:
I don't expect any heavy commitement in the beginning. We'll see how thing goes and how much time we will be able to put on this project.

Preferred method of contact:
Discord is always best : Alfred#3931 (That's not my true name btw)
Or PM me here but I'm not always looking here.

Job Description:
- 2D artist
- I already have a lot of art made with an AI, wether you want to work with the existing art or work from scratch is up to you.
- Each character would need different sprite variation (idle, surprised, thinking, etc)
- Special drawn scenes when something big happens.
- NSFW content for each female character
- For the style it could be two things. Either an anime/manga type of drawing. Or something more realstic but not to much.
Here are exemple of the drawing I'm working with. (The ones made by the AI) : maincharacterbetaportrait2.png mark_sheet.png eina.png
The art can be anything between those style. (As I said some part like hands are a bit cursed.)

Additional comments:
I'm a pretty vanilla dude. So I'm not used to strange kinks and more. I'm still open to anything (no furry tho).
Here are the tags I already know will be in the game :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: maelstromragex

n33ks

Apr 26, 2023
it might help to mention what style you're looking for (highly rendered, cell shaded, etc)?

Reactions: nonomo
Dec 2, 2017
Completely unrelated but I like the 3 characters you made. A game where the player chooses to stir her towards the younger guy, the older guy or a 3way relationship would be very interesting.

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
Completely unrelated but I like the 3 characters you made. A game where the player chooses to stir her towards the younger guy, the older guy or a 3way relationship would be very interesting.
Oh I see what you mean. This could be interesting. However that's not the goal of this game at all haha.

nonomo

Game Developer
May 2, 2019
still looking??
I'm on a tryout with someone it's not sure we'll work together yet. If you still want to work with me contact me on discord : alfred3931.
and we'll talk about the project.

Last edited:

Ustiel

May 16, 2020
same here, i got my post here
thought the style not completely match your examples
but if you interest you can contact me