Daz Red nose on Sinsia HD G8F

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Looking at the original model on the , she already had a slightly red nose (which I'm fine with).

The problem is that I'm getting a really noticeable red glow (sorta like rudolph), and it's doing it in every type of lighting. Point lights, spotlights, ghost lights, etc. Doesn't change if I angle them any differently, either. Everything's pretty standard here except for adding recreation's ReFreckles(sp?) and Zev0's Brow Remover, using the originals doesn't seem to change anything. I've already tried playing around with Transmitted Measurement Distance and Translucency Weight and Color to no effect other than completely graying out the skin. Is there anything else I can do to get rid of at least some of that 'glowiness'? Thought I'd ask here to see if I could get an answer., otherwise I'll just live with it.

Ignore the noise, just a screenshot of the viewport.

nose.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
The skin shading part is ... Not that great. I guess it's an old skin.
Also Dual lobe+Gloss+Top coat, it's a bit crazy :oops:.

set like this (select skin + ears and lips) :
translucency weight to 0.85
base color effet to scatter only
translucency color to pure white (1/1/1)
change SSS mode to Chromatic
Transmitted measurment distance to ~0.10~0.12
Transmitted color to R:249 G:123 B:90 (.95/.20/.10)
Scattering measurment distance to ~0.010~0.015
SSS color to R:249 G:177 B:194 (.95/.45/.55)
SSS direction ~0 to -.65 (never positive value)

DAZStudio_1.png DAZStudio_2.png

If you want to 'lighten' the skin you got two three options:
-lower translucancy weight (under ~.75 it starts to be critical imho, SSS wise)
-Make a copy of slotted map in transmitted color and brighten them with your software of choice
-Not recommended but remove the limit on transmitted color and force brightness (ex: 1.5/1.5/1.5, you need to do this individually for each part)

edit: with somewhat a proper dual lobe and a bumpy top coat (and removed gloss)

DAZStudio_1kOi917DZh.png

Last edited:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
-lower translucancy weight (under ~.75 it starts to be critical imho, SSS wise)
That skin is on fucking 10, if I make pale girl I might go 30 - 40 but my general rule of thumb is to never go under 50. That is a really lazy shader setup on that model.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
if I make pale girl I might go 30 - 40 but my general rule of thumb is to never go under 50. That is a really lazy shader setup on that model.
I have to disagree here. It's way too low in my opinion. Translucency is the key feature that make all others layers work in concert. You can lower and brute force your way, but you will have to do it each time light intensity change. It's faster than correctly edit your trans map (and reach whatever paleness you want from here), yes, but it's gonna cost you more time in the end. My 2 dinars.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I have to disagree here. It's way too low in my opinion. Translucency is the key feature that make all others layers work in concert. You can lower and brute force your way, but you will have to do it each time light intensity change. It's faster than correctly edit your trans map (and reach whatever paleness you want from here), yes, but it's gonna cost you more time in the end. My 2 dinars.
You are going to get 40,000 different opinions on it, at the end of the day 5 is way way to low.