Mod Java Completed Redhead+ Mod for Tales of Androgyny

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Belly97

Well Known Lurker
Donor
Aug 2, 2017
Hiyo everyone! I hope you're having a happy lewd year! I came here about an upcoming idea, project, whatevs, I've been thinking on doing/developing.... I decided to post it in here cause it has to do with the concept that this mod inspired me to do and also because I fukin despise about half the people on the main thread but I still love this game's potential, and specially the idea that this mod brought back then XD

A long time ago when I played this game non-stop, I wanted to have a version of this mod to be playable on Android and while trying to make that to work, I started to do a personal version of it as a side project; tweaking some things a bit differently to fit my liking. Nothing major but just adding or changing some things I prefered differently than how Jorja made them on the Redhead mod. I remember that back then I tried to make two versions of the Android "port", one with the default's Jorja's style and other with a more personal touch but only sharing the former, while barely showing a few screenshots of the latter, mostly cause I thought that the Redhead mod should also be available for Android players too.

Now, as you know, the whole Silver color hairstyle addition foked up the entirety of animations and understandably Jorja didn't felt like doing everything like if being back at square 1. However I still liked to mess around with the files of the game afterwards and I really liked the visual upgrade Hiro got on the most recent versions; still sad that we cannot have an official Redhead mod update for obvious reasons but then I thought on doing one of sorts myself. Obviously I wanted to know what you guys think about it all cause, like.... Well, let me try to explain the idea first lol

I thought on trying to make a mod that would be a virtual successor of the original Redhead mod, one that I would be doing myself in the most recent versions, but due to it being something Ill have to do pretty much from scratch, I thought on doing something in between the two ideas I messed around with before. Modding the game in a somewhat similar way/style than how Jorja did initially while adding a few bits of my own, like the "nude" outfit I made. And specially having the focus of the Android version being available as the top priority. Why? Cause it's relatively doable to modify things on Windows but for Android users.... Well.... The situation is a hell of a lot trickier....

For now is just an idea. Obviously I can't give you an estimated time of arrival cause.... Well, I'll have to mod THE ENTIRE FOKIN GAME pretty much like if no previous mod ever existed, but I wanted to also aknowledge Jorja's previous work on it somehow. I'm sharing a couple of screenshots of an outdated custom version I did once for Android but the idea is to bring a similar idea to the most recent versions, being a hybrid of sorts of that with my style and keeping others in a similar way on how Jorja made them. Let me know your thoughts on it, and have a nice day! ^^
This sounds great, I would love a successor to this mod, so any work you do will be much appreciated.

Jul 12, 2017
Hello again everyone, how are you folks doing? I hope greatfully so ^^

First off, an apology for staying this long without even saying a thing. I'm currently dealing with some important IRL stuff and it also just so happen that certain adictive AF game released a couple of days ago, so most of the free time I had I ended up sinking it into that and gosh, it's hard not to lol

With that said tho, I did checked some of the files of ToA's most recent version to see what can be done in the current one after the silver hair update, starting with the outfits and overall default Hiro standing animation looks. Some of the bases look a lot better than how they were last time I checked them and so I went to test how a "nude" outfit would look like. Thing is, while exploring that possibility I came to a roadblock that I didn't initially thought I would have to deal with and so I wanted to ask you guys what you think about it, cause.... Here's the thing.

As you know, when the game added the 3 most recent outfits, being them the spiderweb, the bed clothes and the gown, the first two, for being semi transparent added nipples, which made a "nude" outfit sort of plausible. Why's that? If you also know, we had from a while ago a chest slider that allowed you to have a futa character of sorts if you fancied that. That wouldn't be reflected on the animations but, for the Hiro full body character preview, it was there. Thing is.... If you edit an outfit to be "invisible" it makes Hiro "nude", but without a PP, it somehow looks like it has a vagina of sorts in "there", and if you want it to have a visible penis, you'll have to add it by other means. The result is that if you had like, say a big breast option selected + a nude outfit, you ended up by default having a "female nude Hiro" or maybe a "feminine cuntboy nude Hiro", at least on the looks. Which feel unorthodox as hell knowing this game's theme but, it's an option nonetheless XD

That system, a while ago gave me an idea, that I used when I wanted to play as a hmmmm female or cuntboy Hiro of sorts? Even if it didn't made much sense technically. But I mean, you can play as a "male pronouns-futa" of sorts in the base game already so, why not a "Hiro with a vagina"? Then I added a penis as part of the Enchanter outfit, making it a "second nude outfit", I didnt exactly mind having that outfit removed in favor of an extra nude option, but I also only played as a pale Hiro, so that idea worked for me. I didn't made it with the intention of having every skin color available since that would require a different process that now I'll have to do for the mod. Problem is.... This means that either I'll have to keep the nude outfit having permanently a visible PP by default (Matching each skin color respectively) or having a vagina. So I thought on making two versions of the mod, both with a nude outfit but one WITH a visible penis and another WITHOUT that, essentially with a vagina.

The reason I'm saying this is cause, since now Im thinking on basically do a Redhead Mod 2.0, and I'm a massive lover of having options in games, but also specially since oddly enough being able to play as a "female" is an option I've seen requested a lot in the main threat, I thought on adding the nude penis-less? outfit as an option for those that fancied that, but.... Besides the class outfit you pick, you only get the boy clothes (Which is the one I used for the nude outfit) as a default available outfit. And 1 same outfit sadly cannot have a penis and penisless option (You only get that in the breasts, cause is an independant slider), so for now I thought on either making two versions of the mod or maybe having one option as being an "unlockable" of sorts on the RedheadMod2.0? (Yeah I need a better name for it, Im open to suggestions lol) But then that causes a series of other issues. For example:

- I want to make the mod so any OG outfit remains more or less in the same vibe they originally had, so if an Enchanter has an skirt, to keep that. Or the cape of a Mage, the armor platings of a Warrior, etc. As I said before, I normally used the Boy Clothes as the nude outfit base since, not only is the only starting shared outfit of all classes, but also it didn' made much sense to me that in a game like this you'll want to go looking that way, and even if that's your vibe, probably this mod or Jorja's previous versions wouldn't be your cup of tea anyway so XD.... But you only start with that one as an extra besides your default class based one. So for starters you only have two outfits available and to have two nudes, one class would have to become "outfitless", not to mention how that severely limits a potential playthough.

- While I could use the other unlockable outfits to have a vagina version to contrast with a PP one (Or viceversa, neither case is free of their own issues mind you), I don't exactly like the idea of having to "unlock" the other nude version, specially cause it both limits gameplay choices at first and also removes a potentially iconic outfit that I may think is not that popular but someone may like it, like say the schoolgirl one. And again this idea, while doable, is not free of it's own skintone problems as well. Regardless which genital type is considered the "default" version.

If you want to know how a nude outfit (With and Without a PP) would look like, just look at the pictures I attached on the previous post. Hiro would look more or less like that but with a more up to date style since the artworks were overhauled big time, specially in some regions like the face. And I love that you have the option to play as as many characters as you fancy, not just here but in any other game. Say femboy (Like the game expects you to do), a futa (Which you still can in the base game but not exactly shown in the artworks/sex animations or even game texts but yet you can have a Hiro with breasts so....), or as a female or even as a cuntboy. But, as I said. The ideas I used before are not suitable for a mod that different people with different tastes would use. Some people play as pale skinned chars, others as orchish, others as dark skinned or tanned, etc.

But yeah that's what I wanted to initially share with guys about what I initially thought while messing with the art files. Then there's the thing about how to recolor each outfit to better fit the idea that they transmit but that would be for another day, otherwise this post is gonna become not a textwall but a text chinese great wall lmao

Let me know your thoughts and until we meet again :p
I'd love a version where you could play as a girl/without a penis so best of luck!

• Red Heart
Reactions: RubyZeronyka
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes