Redo renders or release?

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
So I've got a game I'm developing in daz/renpy and have almost finished up the 0.1 initial release. Now that I've finally got a moment to take a breath and check my work, I'm starting to realize that some of the love interests look a little iffy from certain camera angles. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I really caked on the makeup for some of these chicks and they just don't look right 100 percent of the time. I've saved every single render under a different file name, so I can edit my work and painstakingly replace characters, but at this point I'm trying to figure out if that would be worth it. I'd have to redo 200 something odd renders if I wanted to replace any characters and then the pose might not line up perfectly. Fixing each scene would take some serious time, but I'm prerelease, so now would be the time to do it if ever. However, this might be a bad habit to pick up. Redoing a batch of renders every time I don't like some minute detail may not be the healthiest way to dev. What do you think?

jisoo_wondertalk.jpg jiho_corrupttalk.jpg

My primary concern is the chick on the right. Looks kind of okay here, but some renders of her aren't nearly as flattering. Maybe she's okay though. Just figured I'd get some outside opinions here.

Last edited:

Ratrio

Aug 21, 2018
Based off of what you've shown I don't think it'd be worth redoing the renders. She looks fine to me in what you've posted.
Might be worth posting off her worst renders though to get a better idea.

Reactions: Soft Whisper

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Improving your artistic quality is important, but is secondary to your ability to deliver. In fact, everything can be fixed or improved later: grammar, code and art. Heck, I personally even retcon my game's main story from time to time. The only thing you can't fix later is not delivering. So: get it out there, start rolling and fix while you're in motion instead of ever doubting yourself and delaying releases because the art can be improved.

Good luck!

Reactions: Soft Whisper