Which main character are you most interested in so far?

• Eryn

Votes: 8,213 57.2%
  • Lena

Votes: 678 4.7%
  • Lucine

Votes: 1,764 12.3%
  • Raisa

Votes: 1,608 11.2%
  • Rithe

Votes: 301 2.1%
  • Murfi (Lucine's Cow)

Votes: 1,534 10.7%
  • Aline

Votes: 56 0.4%
  • Aina

Votes: 25 0.2%
  • Evana

Votes: 77 0.5%
  • Silva

Votes: 95 0.7%

• Total voters

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
So what's wrong with the july update?
Nothing as far as we're aware, the feedback has been really positive so far. He's just mixing up 0.16 with 0.17. Version 0.16 was an update on Lena's path with a new h-scene. We bundled a lot of the improvements and story stuff from that release into 0.15b though so the changelog looks comparatively short.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Did you say something there?! Come on, try to justify the July update. This is an update that the "artist" has been working on full-time! I just love destroying pathetic defenders like you!
1721268403791.png

In all seriousness, there's no difference between how these guys are handling updates compared to the more popular 2DCG titles on the forums. They're building their library of 2D assets for streamlined development later on, which is SOP for any competent development studio.

If it makes you feel better you can continue believing you "destroyed" any defense, but that doesn't remove the jester outfit you're wearing.

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
You can take it on Patreon or wait next month
Next version will be out in 2-3 weeks this time but the tradeoff is that it's planned to be a small one. It's a main story update designed to fix a lot of the paths that feel disjointed. We're adding in some new locations and an Evana bath scene though. After that there's only one more Eryn scene to add in to fix the pacing in her path.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my Android port of Refuge of Embers with the incest patch to v0.16a.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: - -

Escape Sauce

Refuge of Embers
Game Developer
Oct 4, 2020
Consolidate your fucking changelogs.
We did that originally and got feedback that the changelog was too ambiguous. Now to keep it complete we just add to it as we go which honestly makes it way easier to track. I try to put the most important stuff at the top. As far as including things like the eyes and mouths though, it probably seems like nothing from a player perspective but in reality those are individual assets that the artist has to spend her time drawing. It isn't a ton of time but it can add up in big scenes.

1721276030479.png

Last edited:

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
Ooooo the scary 6 eyes, 5 mouths, 2 effects monster. Like what the actual fuck does this mean...
Simple: They like the money they get from Patreon but don`t wanna put more than 3 hours in per month. That`s why the development of this game will take 5-10 years before we will see the "abandoned" tag added to the topics title, like with hundreds of other games before on this platform

Reactions: Qianke

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Ooooo the scary 6 eyes, 5 mouths, 2 effects monster. Like what the actual fuck does this mean...
Those are the art layers that are applied to a base character model for 2D Renpy games. Whenever you see a different facial expression this is how it happens, and saves development time down the road by not having to hand draw every since model over and over again.

Reactions: Alfius

feppiejay

Jul 6, 2022
So, I'm speaking with Lena in the tavern, but then I'm suddenly back at the temple what seems to be at least days later... Is that some kind of bug I can circumvent, or...?

3.90 star(s) 36 Votes