Regarding developing a game

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Yes, I am not expecting early success or money out of it right away..But I saw few NSFW games on steam...which is available here for free...so what kind of copyright steam accept?? I mean, I am paying for characters and whatever poses or animations comes with it for commercial usage..so why would steam wont allow? I think there are many games already available in steam..once i will learn how to create the game, i will sure ask them.
DAZ3d, there's no problem with your game being on Steam, as long as you respect the others rules (no pedo, no rape, that sort of things)

If you use another engine, like Honey Select, or the sims, well, it's more complicated. The rights, technically, are the property of Illusion software. They don't really give a shit, and never sued anybody as far as I know, but Steam won't allow the game on their platform.

The thing though, is that with HS or the other engines, you don't pay for the characters and other assets, so you investment is very minimal. And games like harem Hotel still pull 5000+ patrons...and quite a lot of money.

Now, it's up to you to see what is the best engine for you to use. DAZ3D is more difficult to use, and cost a lot more of money, especially if you do not pirate the assets. Honey Select is cheaper, and easier to use, especially for making animations, but do not look as good for most people and has restrictions on how you can monetize your game.

It depends what you want to do, and what are your strengths. I like the HS look, and I am better are telling a story than making renders, so I choose HS. You, well, you know yourself and what you want to make better than anyone.

My advice is to try several engines, look around a little, and see which one is the best for you.

Jul 25, 2022
DAZ3d, there's no problem with your game being on Steam, as long as you respect the others rules (no pedo, no rape, that sort of things)

If you use another engine, like Honey Select, or the sims, well, it's more complicated. The rights, technically, are the property of Illusion software. They don't really give a shit, and never sued anybody as far as I know, but Steam won't allow the game on their platform.

The thing though, is that with HS or the other engines, you don't pay for the characters and other assets, so you investment is very minimal. And games like harem Hotel still pull 5000+ patrons...and quite a lot of money.

Now, it's up to you to see what is the best engine for you to use. DAZ3D is more difficult to use, and cost a lot more of money, especially if you do not pirate the assets. Honey Select is cheaper, and easier to use, especially for making animations, but do not look as good for most people and has restrictions on how you can monetize your game.

It depends what you want to do, and what are your strengths. I like the HS look, and I am better are telling a story than making renders, so I choose HS. You, well, you know yourself and what you want to make better than anyone.

My advice is to try several engines, look around a little, and see which one is the best for you.
Thanks mate for all your suggestions, I know someone told me that we can create sex animations using Daz..however I didnt find any pre set of animations or you know genitals for the story..i saw some website where I have to buy those character and animation supported to Daz for erotic VN, I am not sure it will support or not, If you have any idea or you know any legal website from where I can buy characters with genitals and pre set sex animations that DAZ can support, than i think work will be much more easier for me rather than working on individual poses, images and creating original animations...offcourse when it comes to main scene, i will spend more time creating it rather than selecting from pre set animations..but for normal ones if preset sex animations are already available somewhere to buy for DAZ, that would be very helpful that way i can spend more time focussing on story and learning renpy scripts on how to present the game slowly. Let me know if you know any website that provide all these types of stuffs. Thanks alot

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Can't help you with that, sorry, the difficulty of making half decent animations in DAZ is one of the reasons I don't use it. Hope someone else can help you.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Thanks, I am working with 8gbVRAM and 16gb CPU RAM laptop and overall I feel , Iray rendering sucks with that configuration. I am looking forward to buy new laptop with RTX 3080 Ti 16gb graphics with 32 Gb of CPU ram Laptop probably next month for this..I know developers prefer desktop but I prefer Laptop for my work as I wanna work from anywhere where i wanna sit...so I just want to know whether Daz will work fine with that configuration? or Iray rendering will still suck after that configuration too? or I should go for even higher configuration..I just don't want my money to go waste after the purchase.
I have only played around with Daz so I am far from an expert.

But still I advise you to think again about this set up.

What I know is that rendering takes a long time and creates a lot of heat. The last thing being something a laptop is not good at.

I think better to have both a laptop (for posing etc) and a PC (for the heavy lifting)

Jul 25, 2022
I have only played around with Daz so I am far from an expert.

But still I advise you to think again about this set up.

What I know is that rendering takes a long time and creates a lot of heat. The last thing being something a laptop is not good at.

I think better to have both a laptop (for posing etc) and a PC (for the heavy lifting)
I will buy laptop for the start and will start developing as a beginner..I can totally understand desktop are better for heavy lifting. And I do have an eye on best desktop but I don't have a budget for it. So, hopefully if i keep improving with time, i will be able to afford it . Thanks for suggestion though, i will keep that in mind.

Reactions: Yngling

Jack Madrigal

Aug 12, 2023
I wouldn't recommend you bother too much with visuals, It may not seem intuitive but it's a trap most modern production fall into, they have a crazy budget for stunning visuals with animation and sfx etc but what I would tell you is: focus on the game itself, have an engaging game, have it properly laid out as best as you can, Have the art to illustrate what's going on, simple stills are perfectly fine if they are properly used in the right context,

With good writing and decently put together pasta code you can do wonders, artist are overrated, don't waste money on them, they will ask for a fortune when it's not worth a banana, and if they let you down midway you'll get screwed with inconsistent art style, production delay and no money left to develop on something else.

Jul 25, 2022
I wouldn't recommend you bother too much with visuals, It may not seem intuitive but it's a trap most modern production fall into, they have a crazy budget for stunning visuals with animation and sfx etc but what I would tell you is: focus on the game itself, have an engaging game, have it properly laid out as best as you can, Have the art to illustrate what's going on, simple stills are perfectly fine if they are properly used in the right context,

With good writing and decently put together pasta code you can do wonders, artist are overrated, don't waste money on them, they will ask for a fortune when it's not worth a banana, and if they let you down midway you'll get screwed with inconsistent art style, production delay and no money left to develop on something else.
I will definitely try my best. offcourse as a beginner, i will start something simple and once I get a better hold on codes, graphics and designing, I will launch few main engaging stories that I have in mind. Until than, yes I am open to all suggestions everyone has to contribute as it will only help me to improvise my skills in a good way..i mean i cannot go lower than zero where i am standing right now

Oct 13, 2018
I will definitely try my best. offcourse as a beginner, i will start something simple and once I get a better hold on codes, graphics and designing, I will launch few main engaging stories that I have in mind. Until than, yes I am open to all suggestions everyone has to contribute as it will only help me to improvise my skills in a good way..i mean i cannot go lower than zero where i am standing right now
If you really want to put hours and hours into your project please please please consider learning Blender. It is an amazing software that is COMPLETE. Meaning you can do pretty much anything with it to a very high quality, if you learn how. The Blender community is also much larger than any other in the space and there are reams of tutorials and youtube videos for you to watch.

I've recently been getting to grips with Blender at a more professional level and some of the stuff you can do is really impressive and inspiring.

Good luck with your project.

Jul 25, 2022
If you really want to put hours and hours into your project please please please consider learning Blender. It is an amazing software that is COMPLETE. Meaning you can do pretty much anything with it to a very high quality, if you learn how. The Blender community is also much larger than any other in the space and there are reams of tutorials and youtube videos for you to watch.

I've recently been getting to grips with Blender at a more professional level and some of the stuff you can do is really impressive and inspiring.

Good luck with your project.
Thanks, can you give me some clip of scene that has been produced using Blender? I serached for it and I think DAZ characters looks more realistic and Blender characters looks more cartoonish to me...I have not explored it much yet but if you have some example or clip or images please do share it with me.

Oct 13, 2018
Thanks, can you give me some clip of scene that has been produced using Blender? I serached for it and I think DAZ characters looks more realistic and Blender characters looks more cartoonish to me...I have not explored it much yet but if you have some example or clip or images please do share it with me.
I think you must be very new to the whole computer graphics thing but if you keep reading in a month or so everything I tell you will be obvious.

Think of Daz like a virtual photo studio, where you are the photographer. The models come to your studio, you set up the lighting, tell them how to pose and what to wear, then you photograph them.

Blender is more like a cosmetic surgeon, animation house, and photo studio all in one. Blender allows you to do anything you want, including making your own models. Any render you see in Daz can be done in Blender. You can export the Daz models to Blender, re sculpt the face, change the body etc. Look up something like 'realistic portrait renders in blender' in youtube to see the results.

Learning Blender is hard, and DAZ is (relatively) easy. DAZ allows you to get results fast, and if your models are perfect, it is no different to blender (except if you want animations).

I recommend you play around with DAZ to begin with, but if you want to gain long lasting skills and have complete control, learn Blender.

Jul 25, 2022
I think you must be very new to the whole computer graphics thing but if you keep reading in a month or so everything I tell you will be obvious.

Think of Daz like a virtual photo studio, where you are the photographer. The models come to your studio, you set up the lighting, tell them how to pose and what to wear, then you photograph them.

Blender is more like a cosmetic surgeon, animation house, and photo studio all in one. Blender allows you to do anything you want, including making your own models. Any render you see in Daz can be done in Blender. You can export the Daz models to Blender, re sculpt the face, change the body etc. Look up something like 'realistic portrait renders in blender' in youtube to see the results.

Learning Blender is hard, and DAZ is (relatively) easy. DAZ allows you to get results fast, and if your models are perfect, it is no different to blender (except if you want animations).

I recommend you play around with DAZ to begin with, but if you want to gain long lasting skills and have complete control, learn Blender.
Thanks, yes i saw few blender animation, and it was good...what i will do is I will start with DAZ, and keep improving in DAZ itself so that I can explore what it can do 1 by 1 and in side i will try getting my hands on blender..because i think to use blender, i should be atleast have a knowledge of one tool so that I can have an idea how it can enhance features of other tools. Sure why not..i think yea I can give 2-3 months to actually learn basic about both and to get hands on experience to create basic animation on both of them.
If something is easy in DAZ than yes i will prefer to use it there..and offcourse whenever i get free time, i will check how it would had appeared on blender. I have plenty of softwares and language to excel ..it will come with practice..as of now i can start with daz, blender, renpy and a lil bit of unity..i am not a big fan of unity player though when it comes to gaming though it has better scope for 3D gaming so I do have to learn that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucian Tempter
Jul 25, 2022
Hello, I am trying to like develop background and objects like house and all in blender and importing it on Daz 3d as .obj file but it create some problems like texture is not coming at all or sometimes size differentiate in daz..is there any software where daz is compatible with all metrics and shading and everything so that whenever we import or export, size of the objects and props doesn't change at all..
I want to create like house, dresses, props etc for the game and import it inside daz where i can use daz characters and those objects for rendering..as of now everytime i import any object from blender, texture, or something is always missing ...i don't understand what I am doing wrong...Can anyone guide me in this? or is there any other tool that is compatible with daz like if i create clothes or dress for daz genesis character, it will be compatible with it...daz geometry tools is really a headache, everything they made so difficult to create normal stuff beside character optimization.