VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Reina's Desire [v0.2.5] [puppiesandboobies]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Tjdreams

Good artwork. Storyline is convoluted and confusing. But most of all, the game is a strange melange of liberal WOKE-ness.
    Sorry, just not my cup of tea but I hope the the game's target audience gets joy out of it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Abhai

This dev struggles with his project so far and i hope this could be it - the last and final attempt of something that could become very good game/avn.

It has it flaws still (for example mc and a girl wearing summer/light clothes in the freezing winter evening), yet despite everything the story setup, characters, models are good enough for me to keep playing through those minor obstacles.

Recommended (y)
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Purple Lagoon

This is a hard one to review.
    In a nutshell: the art is super, the writing is bad.

Let's talk about the art first:
    The drawing is really good, almost photorealistic at times.
    Yet at the same time it's also inconsistent. Sometimes characters, and especially backgrounds, are drawn in a simpler, more cartoonish style.
    Imagine a cheap comic style background with a photorealistic character pasted on it. It's weird.
    Overall though it's very well done.

The writing on the other hand could and should be improved a lot.
    The dev should find a proper translator, because the engrish really doesn't work well with the artstyle.
    In some games you can tolerate the engrish and translation issues, but here it just feels really weird.
    The way in which characters talk, the things they say... everything feels out of place.

Can't say much about the story yet, cause the game is too short for that.

The choices are a bit dissapointing. Most of the time you can react in 2 ways to someone. If you choose A, nothing happens, if you choose B you get a popup "Wendy liked that" or something.
    I must admit there's a "real" choice you can make early in the game, where you can choose between a vanilla and a femdom relation with someone.
    Also, because of the bad english, you often don't know what you are saying/choosing between.
    We'll have to wait and see how this develops further.

Some final thoughts:
    - The dog is really annoying me. Takes up too much screen time.
    - The grandpa doesn't look like an old guy, he looks like a 30 years old with grey hair.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

StingerWolf

Since the developer of the game contacted me to reivew this, I am doing it. Normally I wait till a game has more content. Currently this one has not much yet. The writing is okayish, sometimes a bit off, but I have seen worse from Russian devs. Art is generally good, it is the only aspect this game stands out. The interface is unoptimized, meaning, when I want to save, I cant change the saving page with the arrow, because the "return" button overlaps it. Never seen anything like this, it should be corrected ASAP.
    So in short, unique art, some characters are interesting, some are rather boring. A very strange thing is, that they don't have names. Usually in other VN s characters introduce themselves after a few lines, or atleast we get to know their name. Here not so much.
    This game might turn out better with more content and repaired UI. Currently I can only give it 3 stars. If it would have twice as much content, I would have had a better picture, dev should have waited until then, rather than ask for a review now.
    It is an average game with great art, bad UI, and sometimes the wirting is a bit all over the place. Well it can only get better, no?
  5. 1.00 star(s)

humanstickobserver

Why would a dev waste their time making a game with art this good, and writing this bad?

Dialog, story, and characters are all utterly atrocious. Choices seem to mean nothing (A: "I'll pay for it" B: choice to accept or not. Either way, B accepts).

No one talks like this. No one acts like this. Everybody is genuinely terrible. MC is a 12 year old ("that bitch who tried to run me and my dog over bumped into me but it made me feel her tits. OH NO OH MY GOD I'M GETTING AN AERECTION! NOT NOW!!!)
    WTF is this mess?

The art is utterly beautiful.
    It is ALL this game has going for it. What a mess.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

Nice intro music. Unique and attractive visuals (visuals yes not just the girls level of attractivness)
    FINALLY a different sport other than basketball and the increasingly frequent soccor/football theme for sports..
    As someone who love the college game genre and was a former ice hockey player in the UK the prospect of this title immediatly caught my attention..
    Good use of music during the scenes,
    I'm not normally a massive fan of the 2dcg games but the story potential here has me looking past that this time..
    If this game can achieve a well balanced game with the college and sports as well as maintaining a non jerk or douchebag MC then its one i'll gladly await future updates for with some eagerness..
  7. 2.00 star(s)

whiskeys

The finished proofread on V0.2 is still pretty clunky to read. The first time meeting MCs mother figure shows some very weird art. 2d games are great and the art style for the most part is good. MC and his dog are almost hit by car, then go to gas station, then go to step mom's home and argue with step sister. Very sparse gameplay so far. The planned tags are in place as current, but none of that is in this game.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Ph4r40h

Interesting backstory I'm excited to see unfold. Artwork is pretty unique and looks nice.

Only criticism is the grammar and conversations need a little work

Though its a VN still in its beginning phases, I think it has potential and deserves a download!
  9. 2.00 star(s)

monk_56

Exceptionally small. More like a proof of concept than anything else- you're looking at like 50 megs of game currently.

Art looks great and I like the look of the characters and MC. Writing is middling. Premise could be good or trash depending on how the story is developed.

Pretty difficult to rate something like this in its primordial stage.