Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Reluctant Archon [Ch. 4 Complete with bugfix] Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
1607571781236.png

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Dev.
If you like my mods please consider supporting me on my , or .

Updated: NEW
Game/Creator: Reluctant Archon - Kyois -

Modder: ShaddyModda - -
Mod Version: Ch. 4 Complete (with bugfix)
Game Version: Ch. 4 Complete (with bugfix)
Language: English
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NOTE: VSS has no choices and does not require a mod.
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: -
NOTE2: Android port does not include the Scene Replay or Bugfix. It will be added for the next game/mod update.
OTHER
Unofficial android port incl. my mod. (Ch. 4 Complete) HERE by Wills747 -

Masterlist of Mods

1607592811886.png 1607592886058.png 1607592967562.png 1607593368418.png screenshot0001.png

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Good timing as I just got done downloading the game itself, so will have the mod ready to go. ;) Thank you so much for doing this.

D

Deleted member 2782432

My unofficial Android port of Reluctant Archon Ch 4 Complete Compressed along with ShaddyModda 's Walkthrough Mod + Replay Mod , also gestures enabled.

Note : This is the base game with mods. Dosen't contain the side story .

My ports now contain textbox opacity slider and Text size sliders. Go to preferences to change them as per your wish.

Swipe up : Open Menu

Swipe Down : hide interface

Swipe right : skip

Swipe left : rollback

Join my discord server for giving me feedback and for other ports.

Note: if it says Unknown developer or not safe/harm the device - click install anyways

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
I was wondering about this since the update came out... but is going to meet Oberon really the best option?
we get an uncooperative prisoner and nothing more by doing so.. while if we skip meeting we get attacked by the spirit and then Elizabeth 'evolves', eats the spirit and gains its knowledge.. while if we go to the meeting all she gets is cramps from her lemon cake..
personally I think having a stronger ally (probably a future priestess) seems like the better choice but I haven't looked at the code so I don't know if this ability will be shown in the future again or was the trigger by the spirit..

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I was wondering about this since the update came out... but is going to meet Oberon really the best option?
we get an uncooperative prisoner and nothing more by doing so.. while if we skip meeting we get attacked by the spirit and then Elizabeth 'evolves', eats the spirit and gains its knowledge.. while if we go to the meeting all she gets is cramps from her lemon cake..
personally I think having a stronger ally (probably a future priestess) seems like the better choice but I haven't looked at the code so I don't know if this ability will be shown in the future again or was the trigger by the spirit..
As it is right now, at least in the code no variables are affected by not going to the meeting. so there currently is no way to tell if anything actually happens with the devouring of the spirit. if something does change in the future, (hopefully in the next update) then i'll definitely change that choice. If i do i'll add a check at the start of the next update that will allow players to change their choice, and to go back and see those scenes if they want.

Reactions: Spawn420

h4xoor

Donor
Dec 2, 2018
The mod includes the "fix" őatch for Chapter 4 as well? I don't want to overwrite your script, or vice versa, to screw things up.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
The mod includes the "fix" őatch for Chapter 4 as well? I don't want to overwrite your script, or vice versa, to screw things up.
It did not. I just re-uploaded an updated version of the mod incl the bugfixes.

Reactions: h4xoor

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
new version has 1 choice in the whole Short Story.. so ye.. can do without a mod till chapter 5 haha

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Every single thing I have tried doesn't work, I get an error message every time and no visuals at all, only text, so how do I fix that so I can use this mod in the game?

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Every single thing I have tried doesn't work, I get an error message every time and no visuals at all, only text, so how do I fix that so I can use this mod in the game?
Main Game or VSS?
If it's the VSS the mod is for Main Game only as stated in the note above the download links. If it's the main Game Please attach your traceback.txt file found in the games main folder.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Main Game or VSS?
If it's the VSS the mod is for Main Game only as stated in the note above the download links. If it's the main Game Please attach your traceback.txt file found in the games main folder.
I tried it for all 3 actually with the exact same outcome.
IN the games folder I have one named ShaddyMod btw so I know its in the correct folder at least.
Not sure if this is what you wanted but I am pasting the BBCode:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'discord.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'discord.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Reluctant Archon VSS 1.0
Tue Mar 09 15:00:53 2021

AND here is the Markdown pasted...WHICH appears to be the exact same thing:

```

Full traceback:
python hide:
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5148.16791\ReluctantArchonVSS-1.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Reluctant Archon VSS 1.0
```

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I tried it for all 3 actually with the exact same outcome.
IN the games folder I have one named ShaddyMod btw so I know its in the correct folder at least.
Not sure if this is what you wanted but I am pasting the BBCode:

Code:

Full traceback:
    python hide:
    python hide:
    ui.interact()
    st, at)
    surf = image.load()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Reluctant Archon VSS 1.0

AND here is the Markdown pasted...WHICH appears to be the exact same thing:

```

Full traceback:
python hide:
python hide:
ui.interact()
st, at)
surf = image.load()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Reluctant Archon VSS 1.0
```
ok that's an issue with the game itself missing the image for the dev's discord button. has nothing to do with the mod, as i don't add that button.