VN Ren'Py Ren Py issues games not opening

SinisterJoker

Oct 14, 2019
Hi i am have a problem were the games wont open and is say this

2024-01-16 (1).png

any help on fixing this thank you in advance

also it is not just on this game it is on all the Ren Py games i have downloaded

this is what i am running on i know junk but i don't work and can not afford much

OPERATING SYSTEM

Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Version (Build)
22H2 (10.0.19045)

Devices and Drivers

PROCESSOR
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

GRAPHICS
Intel® Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Intel® Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

AUDIO
High Definition Audio Device
FxSound Audio Enhancer

MEMORY
8 GB

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
also it is not just on this game it is on all the Ren Py games i have downloaded
Because Ren'Py games are newer than your computer ; the last update for your Graphic card was near to 11 years ago (March 2013) and not even from Intel.

Since at some time GL2 was enabled by default in Ren'Py, but in fact few games use the related feature, you can try a quick fix:

1. Create a file named "gl2_fix.rpy" ;
  2. Open it with notepad ;
  3. Write this inside: define config.gl2 = False ;
  4. Save the file then quit notepad ;
  5. Copy the file in the folder named "game" for each Ren'Py game you play.

But know that time to time you'll get another error, because GL2 is really needed, and that this error will not necessarily happen at start.

The other way to fix the issue is to buy a new computer.

Reactions: SinisterJoker

SinisterJoker

Oct 14, 2019
Because Ren'Py games are newer than your computer ; the last update for your Graphic card was near to 11 years ago (March 2013) and not even from Intel.

Since at some time GL2 was enabled by default in Ren'Py, but in fact few games use the related feature, you can try a quick fix:

1. Create a file named "gl2_fix.rpy" ;
  2. Open it with notepad ;
  3. Write this inside: define config.gl2 = False ;
  4. Save the file then quit notepad ;
  5. Copy the file in the folder named "game" for each Ren'Py game you play.

But know that time to time you'll get another error, because GL2 is really needed, and that this error will not necessarily happen at start.

The other way to fix the issue is to buy a new computer.

Yes thank you i was afraid this was the case as while i was waiting for some one to help i went looking in to the CPU and found out it was that old and as i don't work i can not afford much but to trade or some thing

but thank you for your help i will just have to look around for someone getting rid of old one for free on fb or some thing that i can try to fix it to work for me