Daz Render black

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I get this weird error all of a sudden. Renders sometimes just turn black.
I won't say it's the update but this happens after the update.

It appears i have an error for missing dll in iray.

2022-10-20 11:06:47.757 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug error: Library C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avcodec-58.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
2022-10-20 11:06:47.761 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avfilter-7.dll".
2022-10-20 11:06:47.761 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug error: Library C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avfilter-7.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
2022-10-20 11:06:47.766 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avformat-58.dll".
2022-10-20 11:06:47.766 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug error: Library C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avformat-58.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
2022-10-20 11:06:47.766 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avutil-56.dll".
2022-10-20 11:06:47.766 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug error: Library C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\avutil-56.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
2022-10-20 11:06:47.770 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\axf_importer.dll".
2022-10-20 11:06:47.770 Iray [INFO] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug info : Loaded library "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\AxFDecoding.1.8.1.dll".
2022-10-20 11:06:47.770 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [ERROR] - PLUG:pLUGIN :: 0.0 PLUG plug error: Library C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\AxFDecoding.1.8.1.dll: symbol "mi_plugin_factory" not found.
So this is strange. Does anyone know if this is the standard Iray that is supplied?

Renders work sometimes, othertimes not.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
it's mostly due to running out of vram and not allowing to fall back to cpu (black screen issue)

what daz version are you using?

try updating your windows or video card drivers

I have found this it might help or it might not

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, i checked with ZGPU and it looked that it had enough ram left. Out of 12GB 9 were used.
But what is strange is that other slides get rendered with everything the same. It's like that one slide is broken.

Thanks, i will check these forum posts. Maybe they shine some light on what i am missing.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I won't say it's the update but this happens after the update.
Then update your GPU drivers. There's 99% chance that it's because the update require a more recent version of them than the one you actually have.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Then update your GPU drivers. There's 99% chance that it's because the update require a more recent version of them than the one you actually have.
Funny thing is, i did. I checked. 522.25
But yes, i always think about the drivers.
I re-installed DAZ and see if that helps. And if that doesn't help i have to cut that environment in half. I am just sometimes lazy and leave it like it is. :rolleyes:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Apparently, i overloaded the scene.
So i will go through each slide and take out rooms. You can call me dummy but i know it worked before.
I hope i remember for next time.

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
Actually I had big issues with game ready driver version 522.25 on my 3060Ti but in my case they caused me only dForce simulation errors.
After two hours of endless trial and error I had enough and did a rollback to 517.48 which solved everything for me.

You should definitely consider making a before tearing apart the whole scene.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Actually I had big issues with game ready driver version 522.25 on my 3060Ti but in my case they caused me only dForce simulation errors.
After two hours of endless trial and error I had enough and did a rollback to 517.48 which solved everything for me.

Well, yes.... i tore it apart..that i did.

Result.

Bad Location.

Wtf...

I don't get it. Even the log doesn't show any errors.
I feel like i would if i could throw DAZ in the corner and kick a little more.

Ok, i will do the rollback. Maybe that solves it. Though i hope it's a bug on DAZ part.

Just by logic.
I use the euro apartment setup. This renders fine with my gfx card.
There is one figure in every scene and that's it.

So yes, it will go close to occupying the memory but not really everything.
And other scenes render fine with that setting.
Though the lightning is dimmed in these particular scenes. Red light to be specific and a mannequin that i added, which is the running mannequin that uses a figure.
But still, that doesn't explain really why DAZ either renders black or give me an error "Bad Location". To where?

It's just very frustrating if you don't know the reason.

Anyway, i will do the rollback and see what will happen. Hopefully it will solve my issue.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021

This seemed to have worked surprisingly.
So i assume that is the gfx card driver that caused the issue.
Mm...
Btw. i seen that there are two kinds of drivers. One for gaming and another for art work. Does that matter? It showed up in the Nvidia driver page in the app that is on your PC. The reason i am asking is, maybe the other is better if you use DAZ?

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
Mm...
Btw. i seen that there are two kinds of drivers. One for gaming and another for art work. Does that matter? It showed up in the Nvidia driver page in the app that is on your PC. The reason i am asking is, maybe the other is better if you use DAZ?

Great to hear that this solution worked it for you.

You're talking about Geforce Experience? I only get the notification that Game Ready-Drivers can be downloaded which I don't give a fuck right now. As long as you're using Geforce Experience for 3D renders, the Game Ready-Drivers should be more than enough to render some images and sometimes game as well.

I don't think you will be squeezing out better render times or bigger ram usage with those artwork drivers :D

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Great to hear that this solution worked it for you.

You're talking about Geforce Experience? I only get the notification that Game Ready-Drivers can be downloaded which I don't give a fuck right now. As long as you're using Geforce Experience for 3D renders, the Game Ready-Drivers should be more than enough to render some images and sometimes game as well.

I don't think you will be squeezing out better render times or bigger ram usage with those artwork drivers :D
no he/she talking about nvida studio driver 522.30

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Mm...
Always use studio drivers with Daz Studio. Game ready drivers aren't tested for reliability with DCC apps (like Daz Studio).

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Aha...
Well that may be warrant a try.

I found out that my problem was most likely my mannequin.
I used this

But it seems to caused problem with the render. Once i removed it, no problems.
It's ok as i made a different scene. My goal originally was to show that she has other clothes and hair that she is using for webcam.
There is a kit for mannequin but i never got the head for it.
But if i needed i just will use a blender character that is blunt and dull. Seems the better option.