Rendering help

donvdp

Aug 4, 2018
Ive noticed that rendering is a great bottleneck for some devs, so im wondering if a dev needs some help with some renderings?
Since I have a new job, my PC usage time has grately reduced... so i could help out.

I currently have a Geforce 1070 and a brand new RTX 3080 graphics card in order (exeptect delivery 02-2021).

my pc specs:

Reactions: probably_dave

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
From my experience it would come down to your level of trust/comfort with loaning out your resources. I hosted a VPN to allow others remote connection to my network and access to rendering software. While that was incredibly successful there were issues with remote connection speeds, and some users from half-way around the world couldn't reliably upload. Then I offered to render the Scene files for them and return the results. That had problems with requiring the assets for the scenes, and I will never recommend Google Drive for that purpose. On more than one occasion they blocked access or deleted files because they might have matched with DCMA requests against file sharing sites.

Last edited: