Rendering video

zegamez

Game Developer
May 22, 2019
Hi, guys!
I'm trying to animate iREAL ULTIMATE Grass and Meadows using Animated Add-On.
So, I load pre-built scene of this asset, put G8F on the grass, add 1 spot light, and add grass aniBlock to animate2.
In this way, the only animated object is the grass.

For testing I used following rendering settings : MaxSamples = 400, Rendering Quality Enable = On, Size 640x360 pixels, Render Type = Image series.

GPU RTX 2080 Super 8GB;
CPU Ryzen 9 3900X
Memory 32GB

It takes about 12 sec to render each frame, but before rendering next frame DAZ stucks for 40 sec, so total rendering time for each frame increases to 1 min.
Why does it happen? Does DAZ reload all textures before rendering new frame?
Are there any way to increase rendering time?

jezzoo

May 12, 2020
but before rendering next frame DAZ stucks for 40 sec, so total rendering time for each frame increases to 1 min.
Why does it happen? Does DAZ reload all textures before rendering new frame?
Are there any way to increase rendering time?
As far as I know, there's no simple solution. You've done all the basic config you can. I think DAZ just offloads the whole process onto Iray, thus Iray doesn't distinguish between a single image and a series, and has to prepare all the shaders, geometry and textures again for every frame.

Aside from throwing more hardware at it, you can try simplifying the scene. 640 and 400 iterations is low enough that you could probably reduce the amount of geometry (subdivisions) and texture resolution with no visible difference. Check the progress log to see what part of the setup takes longest and focus on that.

Reactions: zegamez

zegamez

Game Developer
May 22, 2019
Thank you for answering!
I'm a newbie in DAZ and want to be sure I don't miss anything