Renply games not working / loading

Mouse101

May 3, 2022
Getting some games like NudistSchool and OneDayataTime not loading - click on the exe file and nothing happens. Can not access task manager to look at what is happening and have to manually switch off computer - anyone else had issues like this. Have replaced the renply file with one I know that works and still get the same issue

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Getting some games like NudistSchool and OneDayataTime not loading - click on the exe file and nothing happens. Can not access task manager to look at what is happening and have to manually switch off computer - anyone else had issues like this.
Hmm, it's a really strange behavior.
That the game don't works can be due to it being 64bits and your OS 32bits, or the GPU drivers being too old. But this have absolutely no reason to block your computer, forcing you to reboot it. Even if it is a really old and low in memory, computer, Ren'Py is light enough to not block it that way.

Have replaced the renply file with one I know that works and still get the same issue
Do not do this, it will just exceptionally works.

Mouse101

May 3, 2022
I am on Win 10 have a Ryzen 5 1600X and GeForce GTX 1070 a bit old but still good system - have updated graphics card etc but still getting same issue, just trying to figure what else it could be

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Try running the games directly on C:/ and see if it works.

Sometimes special characters on a filepath can cause renpy to get lost.