Ren'Py Renpy and Koikatsu

Nijokun

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
Hello and I wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can use koikatsu Character in renpy because I've seen other vn games koikatsu characters, I finally wanted to do my own game but I can't find anything on the internet that will help me

Reactions: YadenYu

katarne04

Jun 9, 2017
starting from scratch here's what I found:

If I were making a game, I'd start with the basics on Renpy. Practice using RenPy on pics until I can make my own images. Like those two websites would be open windows while I mess with renpy. use them for reference throughout learning to code renpy and all.

eventually
https://f95zone.to/threads/beebees-random-thread-of-koikatu.43431/

seems Renpy is easy enough to work with using the character maker of Koikatsu. I don't know what you found but it seems this stuff is pretty straightforward. New to Renpy, I'd try to make VNs first because theyre linear and might be easier to make. Then after I figure that out, Id move into making a game with choices and 2 endings. introducing optional commands is a task so organizing it in a game seems like the next step to take when making renpy games.

That's just the beginning. Usually you create something and learn to fix it as you progress through. Id borrow images already made just to see if I can throw them in my renpy game. Maybe I'd make my own thread on how I am learning renpy on my own. get feedback because any source of info and my skill would help improve the game. Next Id use character builders like the Koikatsu CHar Maker to make my own images. Original Content is something Id pride myself on than stealing images tbh. Even parodies, Id make my own to test my character creating skills. afterall, it be fun to do on the side & learning even more about developing games.

I dunno what im talking about but this is how Id start making renpy games if I was interested. IF I got into game development, I'd learn whatever tools I can use to enhance gaming never settling on just renpy and moving onto different game engines. its probably easier said than done. that's just me though so I don't and wont get into game development... for now.

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
Wow. Thanks for the helpful videos and suggestions. You might not be going into game development yourself - but you just gave me the push I needed as well as removed the one excuse I always told myself whenever I was considering creating stuff myself. That I don't know coding and it's impossibly hard to learn. Yet here I am coding my first Renpy project with Koikatsu MC. Maybe whatever I make is shit, maybe I won't ever release it. But if I do it'll be at least partially because of you. So thanks mate.