• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Programmer] Unpaid Ren'py development help ➤ escape the crappy default template ❦

thorvaldsson

Jul 31, 2020
Skills:
Ren'py, python, server-side software engineering

Preferred method of contact:
email thorvaldsson@gmail.com

You should also be able to reach me on Discord as thorvaldsson#8896, though if I'm not actively working on a project I don't log in there everyday. Email will usually find me faster.

Employment Type & Rates:
I'm a former professional software engineer now looking to keep my hand in for fun. I often answer questions on the lemmasoft forums, but would enjoy having a real game to contribute to. I understand that for most ren'py projects, they'll succeed or fail mostly based on the quality of the art and the story, so I'm not greedy. If your needs aren't complicated I'm willing to do a fair bit just for credit in a project that appeals to me. It hurts me when I see a game with good art and a great story surviving with the boring default Ren'py template and bad proofreading.

I will also do English proofreading as I work.

Availability:
I have a day job that demands most of my time. I have enough skill and experience to make an impact on a part-time basis, but I'm unable to sign up for strict deadlines.

Work Samples:
I do the packaged/hyperlinked archive of the comic Pirates of the Coal Sack,
I have answered a lot of technical questions on the main Ren'py forum,

Last edited:
Reactions: aDDont

thorvaldsson

Jul 31, 2020
I have Discord, can chat there, though I'm not on all the time. thorvaldsson#8896

Last edited: