Tool Ren'Py Renpy game creation tool

goter

Mar 11, 2019
Hello all.
I want to tell you about my project, which I am currently developing. The idea came to create my own game, but then I decided to make it a tool for everyone.

In the recent past, I decided to write a game in Renpy. I spent some time learning the engine and I started write the game.
I had the idea of the game for several years, so I clearly knew what to do. But I received a problem, that is very hard to write a game with lots of twists and turns. Creating quests in python scripts is not the best idea.
I tried to transfer all text content to json files. I started building connections and realized that it was very inconvenient. I came up with the idea to create a tool for generating information in json files.
This is how the project Storybam was started.

This is a project that allows you to create a Renpy game without a single line of code. You must fill in the information through the site and that's it, the game is ready!
Also, you can release the game and all updates through the service Storybam.

Some features:

• Creating multiple of games.
  • Working on the game with a team (you can add users and give them the necessary permissions).
  • Release of the game and its updates. Updates will come to the user automatically.
  • Multilingual. Translate your games into multiple languages
  • Characters with any parameters that you need.
  • Complex quests and dialogues. Visual link system for easy creation of quests and dialogues.
  • Game navigation system
  • Game time manager system
  • CD / CI for you games. You can release game version, which will be available only to your testers. You can release an alpha, beta game version, that will only be available to a limited number of people (filter by specific secret key or ip address)
  • Patreon integration. All your patrons will get access to the game depending on tiers. In game auth through patreon.
  • The source code of your game is available to you at any time. You can stop using storybam and continue developing on your own.
  • and many more to be announced in the future

I posted the first video in which I show how to create a game. The next video will be about location and navigation system.
My video editing is not very good, I have no experience in this)

All information about project, you can find on my patreon page . I will regularly post updates and news about the project
Of course, it would be cool if you could support me by becoming a patron.

Have a nice day everyone!

Last edited:

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
OK, great idea!
I have small issues with playing your video on Patreon page, only audio it seems and black rectangle... Maybe u could post it either here or on YT?

goter

Mar 11, 2019
OK, great idea!
I have small issues with playing your video on Patreon page, only audio it seems and black rectangle... Maybe u could post it either here or on YT?
I uploaded video to youtube.
This video explains the basic workflow of working with the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pif paf

Abbys_Cat

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
Something with massive potential, but seems dead. Even on Patreon, there are updates claiming something was supposed to come out in 2023, and here we are in 2024.