Renpy Game Not Launching

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Might have more success starting a new thread than simply adding a post to another thread.

Put simply, my laptop is having trouble launching one Renpy game, Love & Sex: Second Base. As in nothing is happening. The cursor spins for a couple of seconds as though its loading the game and nothing.

Its the only Renpy game I'm having this problem with and I've tested the game on my desktop where it works perfectly.

Here's the entire log from launch, and yes, that is the entire log.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've updated my drivers. Nothing.
I've allowed the game through the firewall. Nothing.
I've changed the permissions. Nothing.
I've launched as the administrator. Nothing.

Before anyone asks, I had no mods installed in the game. Seriously, this has been going on since January.

So if anyone has any help or solutions, I would be entirely grateful.

Reactions: Aason

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Update: Tried different versions of the game, even tried an older version from December. Nothing is working.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Start the game while holding shift key. Then switch your renderer to "Angle".
The game isn't even launching. There's nothing.
If I open the task manager and start the game, it pops up for a couple of seconds and is gone.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The game isn't even launching. There's nothing.
If I open the task manager and start the game, it pops up for a couple of seconds and is gone.
The game can't launch because it can't find/use a proper renderer. To force the renderer you should be able to get to the graphic interface at least by holding down shift key and launching game.exe. Don't use game-32.exe.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Never use the 32.exe and once again, nothing.
Here is the reason why the game crash. Something is wrong with your libpython2.7 library.
Check your System32 folder for libpython2.7.dll.
EDIT: Also check the game's lib folder for missing python2.7.
1617371777687.png

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Just checked, there's none there, so how do I fix that?
python2.7 folder is missing in the game's lib folder?

I'm not entirely sure if it is necessary to have python installed on a system or not. Normally Ren'Py has everything it needs in the lib folder to run a game.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
No, its in the lib folder. I just meant the System32 on my laptop.

Whatever the problem is, I think its specifically tied to Love and Sex, as I have other Renpy games, some that have been updated this week, and they're all working fine.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Whatever the problem is, I think its specifically tied to Love and Sex, as I have other Renpy games, some that have been updated this week, and they're all working fine.
It's not a game issue. The problem is with your system. I downloaded the latest version and it works on my system.

Try to launch the game via the latest Ren'Py SDK version.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Tried, got the latest Renpy, 7.4.4, even installed the game following your own instructions in another recent thread. And the game just isn't launching.

Thank you for all your help.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Tried, got the latest Renpy, 7.4.4, even installed the game following your own instructions in another recent thread. And the game just isn't launching.

Thank you for all your help.
Check the log.txt from other Ren'Py games and see if you got a game with renpy 4.4.2. If you do, create a copy of that game folder and replace the game's "game" folder with the "game" folder of Love & Sex: Second Base.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Finally got it working, had to delete several folders and files in the %appdata%, including all the game's data. And then go to a backed up state from around the new year. Just have to see if it'll keep working after this though.

Thanks for all your help, it was truly appreciated.

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
Finally got it working, had to delete several folders and files in the %appdata%, including all the game's data. And then go to a backed up state from around the new year. Just have to see if it'll keep working after this though.

Thanks for all your help, it was truly appreciated.
Hi can tell me exact steps what u done to fix it?

Reactions: Aason

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi can tell me exact steps what u done to fix it?
Navigate to the game's original save folder in your user's hidden "AppData/RenPy/Game_Name" and delete the game folder.

Note: Deleting the game folder in AppData/RenPy will delete your saves! Be careful or backup your saves first.

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
Navigate to the game's original save folder in your user's hidden "AppData/RenPy/Game_Name" and delete the game folder.

Note: Deleting the game folder in AppData/RenPy will delete your saves! Be careful or backup your saves first.
Just doing that didn't help :(

DarkWolf2055

"Acknowledge Me"
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 3, 2017
try with the old one