Ren'py game not starting

drumsticks27

Apr 27, 2017
I'm trying to play Love and Sex: Second Base, but each and every time i'm trying to launch the game nothing is happening, my mouse has the blue ring meaning something is loading but nothing happens. I oppened a task manager and I see the game pop up sometimes but disapears from the task manager after like 5 to 10 seconds. I know I already posted the same problem but all the solutions proposed arent working anymore. I've tried running as admin, disabled antivirus (windows defender), checked for graphics driver update (which is what worked last time but isnt working anymore). Can anyone help? I'll link also the log that loads when I start the game.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
I've experienced similar issues with different games lately, go to launch the game it starts it but takes forever. Never experienced it not loading though, it just takes a minute or two sometimes. The normal fix for me is to reboot the computer and for some reason this solves the issue and the game loads up instantly. I believe it has something to do with Renpy in general talking to windows, but I don't know. I've never had a game not load, just take awhile to do it though.

It is possible it's a corrupt download or a bad decompression, I'm assuming you've tried to re-download and unpacking again, or at least erasing the game and unpacking the same file again?

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
I still feel like it has to be an issue with your GPU. Here's what should happen next after your log file stops:
Code:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Screen sizes: virtual=(1280, 720) physical=(1739, 978) drawable=(1739, 978)
Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
Renderer: 'AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series'
Version: '4.5.13492 Compatibility Profile Context FireGL 22.19.677.257'
blah blah blah etc.
So it's stopping in the middle of initializing your display.

drumsticks27

Apr 27, 2017
I still feel like it has to be an issue with your GPU. Here's what should happen next after your log file stops:
Code:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Windowed mode.
Screen sizes: virtual=(1280, 720) physical=(1739, 978) drawable=(1739, 978)
Vendor: 'ATI Technologies Inc.'
Renderer: 'AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series'
Version: '4.5.13492 Compatibility Profile Context FireGL 22.19.677.257'
blah blah blah etc.
So it's stopping in the middle of initializing your display.
You are effectivly correct, I did a clean uninstall of my GPU driver, and now the game is running. Thank you very much to the both you, i'll always try to clean my GPU driver when renpy games cant start

Reactions: bas