Ren'Py Ren'Py games lagging/unresponsive

Daxarian

Dec 24, 2017
As the title says, some Ren'Py games are lagging and becoming unresponsive for a few seconds once in a while, usually when story choices show up or when I'm trying to take a screenshot. I definitely remember it happening in Kingdom of Deception and Dr. Amana Sexual Therapist, but I'm pretty sure it happened in different games too.

Anyone else had this problem? Any help? Thanks in advance!

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
As the title says, some Ren'Py games are lagging and becoming unresponsive for a few seconds once in a while, usually when story choices show up or when I'm trying to take a screenshot. I definitely remember it happening in Kingdom of Deception and Dr. Amana Sexual Therapist, but I'm pretty sure it happened in different games too.

Anyone else had this problem? Any help? Thanks in advance!
You need to provide more info:
1) System specs
2) Steps you've already taken to solve

General advice:
Make sure your video drivers are up to date and that other programs aren't running when you play.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Another general advice would be to check out this documentation entry:

Try changing the renderer manually and see if one of the others runs better on your system. But I'd still post your specs so jerricho can help you better :)

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hmmm, can't find any information about the Aspire 4830G, what graphics card does it have? :)
The other specs seem alright, is it with every ren'py game or just some of them?

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Hmm well my old laptop had a gt 520 mx and ren'py games worked quite nice on it.... So it shouldn't be a problem with the graphics card either. Well I'd need more information, did you update the garphics drivers to the latest version? Do you use GeForce Experience? Because with old graphic cards the latest drivers would... well not work as good as they should let's say it like that :D
Do you have the problems with every ren'py game or just some? And if only with some, which would that be? :)

dp123

Aug 9, 2017
My apologies, I know this thread is old but I came across it because I was having the same issue.

I managed to solve my issue by launching the game and pressing Shift + G, which opens up the graphics acceleration menu, and disabling the "Powersave" option.

Hope this may help any other potential people who come across this thread suffering from the same issue (y)

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
My apologies, I know this thread is old but I came across it because I was having the same issue.

I managed to solve my issue by launching the game and pressing Shift + G, which opens up the graphics acceleration menu, and disabling the "Powersave" option.

Hope this may help any other potential people who come across this thread suffering from the same issue (y)
I turned off power saving and turned on force angle renderer. and that fixed it for me.