Ren'Py RenPy images not showing up anymore?

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
It's not just that.

I assume that he haven't declared all the images, relying (perhaps without even knowing it) on Ren'Py auto-declaration.

Aye. I toyed with mentioning :
define config.automatic_images
define config.automatic_images_strip

But they were removed from the RenPy documentation and pytom specifically said that .

Personally, I always liked that feature (and would use it if I ever wrote a game that used sprites), because it means I could use filenames with underscores in them, while retaining the functionality of tags and attribute tagged displayables. And with clever use of it, you could even end up using directory/folder names as tags or attributes, allowing the grouping of image files in separate folders.

Anyway, I guess we should just settle on "it's working". There's always stuff we would tweak or change. It's one the strengths of RenPy, practically everything works (enough).

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
But they were removed from the RenPy documentation and pytom specifically said that .
Yeah, what I never understood since auto-declaration is now the norm in Ren'Py games.
For me it always felt like, "now that everyone is forced to use it, you don't anymore have the right to configure how it works".

It's one the strengths of RenPy, practically everything works (enough).
I agree.