Ren'Py [Ren'py] Need help with pictures / scenes

LB1990

Jan 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to apologize if I am not in the right place, or if the subject has already been discussed before. My English is average and I am a bit new to the forum, I searched a bit but I did not find what I needed.

I decided yesterday to start a game, already with a good scenario in mind and it is natural that I came to use Ren'py which fits my needs perfectly.

With two years of development experience, I quickly took control of the software, especially since it is very simple and I feel able to do pretty much whatever I want with it ...

However, I don't have any design skills, and I have a problem with my game. I would like to make it as realistic as possible, no fantasy worlds, or fantasy characters.

Are there any sites that offer images for this kind of game that I could use later with Ren'py ? Or if not, if I have to, what kind of software should I learn to master to make my own characters / locations ?

Thank you in advance for your answer, I hope in any case that the game that I am making will please you when the first version comes out ! ^^

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
If you want to create a game you will have to use your own images :p

The most used programs currently are or HoneySelect

Reactions: LB1990

LB1990

Jan 11, 2020
Okay, i will try then ! :) Seem like people use a lot Daz, and the result is pretty cool ... hope that don't will be too hard for me

Thanks !

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Daz is more photorealistic than HoneySelect.

The learning curve is good, the hardest part is at the beginning... knowing how to prepare the scene and knowing how to use the lights (the use of light is one of the most important things, if not the most important, in Daz).
But there are lots of tutorials :)