Ren'Py Renpy Screen Help

MTY Games

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2019
Hi all,

Looking for some help from those of you far more gifted than I am when it comes to Renpy.

I am implementing a navigation system into my game that has a screen permenantly visible on the left, which expands when you hover over it. The issue is that when the new screen appears, you can still see the old screen beneath it (due to transparency).

1.jpg 2.jpg

Here's my code at present:

Python:
screen roomnavidle:

#tag menu3

imagemap:
        idle "gui/room_nav/roomnav_idle.png"

hotspot (0,24,127,732) action Null() hovered Show("roomnavhover") unhovered Hide("roomnavhover")

screen roomnavhover:

#tag menu3

add "gui/room_nav/navbar.png"

#image buttons will be inserted here
As you can see I tried experimenting with tags, but these don't solve the problem. I also tried using combinations of $ renpy.hide_screen and $ renpy.show_screen but couldn't get these to work either.

Any help will be truly appreciated! Thanks...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
The issue is that when the new screen appears, you can still see the old screen beneath it (due to transparency).
Well, Ren'py make something transparent only when explicitly asked to, so don't ask it to do it ?

MTY Games

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2019
I made the image transparent on purpose. I managed to work my way around the issue by using the mouse area function. No idea why it works this way, but it does!