[Ren'Py] Too many screens?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Well from what I just checked, H.265 adds features, and is faster/better, but only with the hardware acceleration (such as a 900 series nvidea card and up), otherwise there is a heavy cpu penalty that makes it slower than H.264, but due to similar compatibilities, are more or less interchangeable a bit.

but running stuff in your car sounds like a cool project.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I do not know how Ren'Py handles webm, but a single frame in the best case scenario is 16mb.

I am not tech savvy, but if that webm would be read as a frame by frame animation, that would mean that a 2 second animation of 60fps would be 1.92gb. This is probably not the case, and hopefully I am wrong.

That being said, from personal experience I can say that webm use a lot of memory anyways, you should aim to have only an animation playing at once, or two when necessary.
Honestly, having more than a few 1920x1080 animations playing at the same time seems more like a bad optimization issue.

I did not read the whole thing as I do not understand what you are trying to do, but you could simply hide the screen when another is called... Or if they are more akin to windows, then I am sure you do not actually need to have them 1920x1080.

Reactions: AdventAnyx

popsexstudio

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Have you try using TAGs on the screens that cannot stack ? Screens with same tag replace each other when showed and never stack.