VN Ren'py + VaM (Virt a Mate)

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Hello everyone,

I started to experiment with Virt a Mate a while ago. It's a damn good of software to create your own adult content, even in VR. I used it for photopgraphy.

Here is some of my pictures in VaM. These are in 8k.

But anyway, i was thinking about making my own adult game. So, i came with the idea to use VaAm to create characters and scene's and make screenshots to make my own adult novel in Ren'py.

This is my test game, to see how everything works. I got almost no expierence in coding, but Ren'py is easy to use. I create this in 5 hours time. My plan is to make a novel about a female that expierence exhibitionism. She starts to feel excited and start to enjoy it. I want to create a novel where you have choices that decides the course of the story. For example, pick different clothing that you can wear or not wear. For example, wear a skirt with or without panties. Each have a different outcome.

This is my test game, nothing to serious. Just to try it out how everyting works. I don't have any expierence in coding, just started with Ren'py.

If you have any questions, just ask. If you have tips or advice, please go ahead! I also want to learn more about VaM so i can create photorealistic scene's.

main_menu.jpg

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Welcome and good luck with your project. always good to see something new.

Now, to talk specifically about your game look and feel:

As with all things, the specific tools you choose for creating your game matter much less than the efforts you put in and your focus on making something that will entertain. There's plenty of games that are pure text that are plenty erotic and fun. There's games made with relatively limited/ugly render engines (looking at you Illusion AA2 etc) that are still pretty good. And there's plenty of games made using Daz, with a world of prebuilt content to pirate, that are neither fun to play nor look very good...

Having said that, some tools can make it harder for you. You would have a bad time trying to build a VN from scratch in something like Ruby. and also I know nothing about Virt-a-mate so forgive me if I am being too negative. But here are some questions that you should have answers before diving in..

• Can you create/hack-together/kit-bash the background scenery you need in Virt-a-mate or are you going to have to make creative use of a few limited built-in 3d environments?
  • Does the posing engine let you get the look you want in your images, and even if it does, will you have to manually pose everything, or are there existing libraries for sex stuff?
  • How about the clothing options (including various states of undressed), is there stuff available for the scenarios you want to portray (futuristic, medieval, fantasy, normal, clubwear)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Goblinscape

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Welcome and good luck with your project. always good to see something new.

Now, to talk specifically about your game look and feel:

As with all things, the specific tools you choose for creating your game matter much less than the efforts you put in and your focus on making something that will entertain. There's plenty of games that are pure text that are plenty erotic and fun. There's games made with relatively limited/ugly render engines (looking at you Illusion AA2 etc) that are still pretty good. And there's plenty of games made using Daz, with a world of prebuilt content to pirate, that are neither fun to play nor look very good...

Having said that, some tools can make it harder for you. You would have a bad time trying to build a VN from scratch in something like Ruby. and also I know nothing about Virt-a-mate so forgive me if I am being too negative. But here are some questions that you should have answers before diving in..

• Can you create/hack-together/kit-bash the background scenery you need in Virt-a-mate or are you going to have to make creative use of a few limited built-in 3d environments?
  • Does the posing engine let you get the look you want in your images, and even if it does, will you have to hand pose everything or is the existing libraries for sex stuff?
  • How about the clothing options (including various states of undressed), is there stuff available for the scenarios you want to portray (futuristic, medieval, fantasy, normal, clubwear)?
Thank you for the reply.

To asnwer all your questions at the same time, Virt a Mate has unlimited possibilities. It has build in assets but you can also use customs assets. There is a whole active community that makes free aswell payed assets for Virt a Mate. It works on the unity engine.

The game also uses full clothing simulation. Like you see in my game, she wears a towel that can basically fall off. Its fully simulated real-time.

There are also tons of plugins that you can use that are created by the community. Virt a Mate has almost unlimited posibilities also because of the community plugins. If you have expierence in modding, you can just create your own clothing, plugin, environments, assets etc. There is even a plugin where you can make your own animations with body trackers for example the Vive body trackers. There are some very good modders within the community i even saw a modder using real models to create realistic skin textures and such.

There are two website's where you can download community made assets.

and

But like i said before,you can also make your own assets and import it to VaM. People use DAZ, unity engine and other software to create content for VaM. Some stuff is free, some stuff is payed.

My original idea was to create video's like this guy. You can also make non-adult stuff.

Dream in Polygons. Very cool video about a dancer.

Here you can see the clothing simulation.

Last edited:

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Is VAM free, also the assets have copyright infringement?
You can get VaM through Patreon, so it's not completly free. The teaser version is 2 euro's. This is a basic version, which I can't really recommend. It's just a teaser version. Then you have the Entertainer version. In this version you can download scene's what other people build. You can also save and change scene's but you can't create any animations, add objects, atoms and many other things.

And then you have the creator version. This version only cost 7 euro's and with this package, you will unlock the full software.

VaM comes with a own launcher, so even if you don't support their Patreon, you will still receive all the updates for free! So, basically, you only have to pay once.

As for all the assets, it depends on the creator. Many creators doesn't mind if you use their assets, but always contact them. For own use, you can all use it. But for own commercial use, contact the creator first.

Many creators also have their own Patreon. For example, people who make clothing. You pay for example 2 bucks and you unlock their assets.

Some say that you can use their assets, as long you pay their Patreon, other want to get a shout out in the credits.

The community is also very relaxed and many do help you. Their are also amazing plugins which make working with the software way easier. Tons of tutorials just like DaZ.

Here are some new renders i've made recently. They are made in 9K resolution, so feel free to click on the picture and zoom in to see all the little details on the skin and such. I only messed up a bit with the depth of field.

Also check my other topic with renders.

https://f95zone.to/threads/what-do-you-guys-think-about-my-renders.110866/#post-8111419

Last edited:
Reactions: KingXeno07

KingXeno07

Jul 1, 2022
You can get VaM through Patreon, so it's not completly free. The teaser version is 2 euro's. This is a basic version, which I can't really recommend. It's just a teaser version. Then you have the Entertainer version. In this version you can download scene's what other people build. You can also save and change scene's but you can't create any animations, add objects, atoms and many other things.

And then you have the creator version. This version only cost 7 euro's and with this package, you will unlock the full software.

VaM comes with a own launcher, so even if you don't support their Patreon, you will still receive all the updates for free! So, basically, you only have to pay once.

As for all the assets, it depends on the creator. Many creators doesn't mind if you use their assets, but always contact them. For own use, you can all use it. But for own commercial use, contact the creator first.

Many creators also have their own Patreon. For example, people who make clothing. You pay for example 2 bucks and you unlock their assets.

Some say that you can use their assets, as long you pay their Patreon, other want to get a shout out in the credits.

The community is also very relaxed and many do help you. Their are also amazing plugins which make working with the software way easier. Tons of tutorials just like DaZ.

Here are some new renders i've made recently. They are made in 9K resolution, so feel free to click on the picture and zoom in to see all the little details on the skin and such. I only messed up a bit with the depth of field.

Also check my other topic with renders.

https://f95zone.to/threads/what-do-you-guys-think-about-my-renders.110866/#post-8111419
Wow,thank you so much for the detailed reply,And the renders are looking exceptionally good, did you make that character?also character customization is as good as DAZ in VAM?

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Wow,thank you so much for the detailed reply,And the renders are looking exceptionally good, did you make that character?also character customization is as good as DAZ in VAM?
Yes, she is my first character i've designed. She has changed a couple of times, and i've gained a lot of experience. I'm going to use her in novels, but I keep the 3D model myself, I don't release her in public, only in renders.

The customization is very indepth, the same level as DAZ.

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
how did you make her?Its very good
These are the first screenshots I made. She was made the same day as the screenshots. It cost me like a half day to create her and meanwhile I was trying to figure it out how VaM works.

1597447127.jpg

1597448532.jpg

I started to understand how VaM works and starting to get the hang of it. So, I changed my character drastically. You can see how much she changed after a few days. Changed some basic textures, added some freckles and many other things.

1597794470.jpg
1597616861.jpg
1597620394.jpg

From this point I was happy with her appareance and started to change minor things about her. I eventually also changed to high resolution body textures, better decals, better eyes and many other things. I gave her a total texture overhaul without changing her to much.

Here is a recent render from also a other character that I have created. Left is Livia, right is Cyrilla, they are sisters. Livia is more the prudish, shy, quiet and serious type. Cyrilla is more the wild type and doesn't back off for everything. She knows how to throw parties and is more the "populair" type and she doesn't care what people think about her. Cyrilla always tries to get Livia more open and less prudish.

Last edited:

KingXeno07

Jul 1, 2022
Wow these renders looks amazing,How do you create a character in VAM? do we need to purchase the assets from store like in DAZ 3d

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Wow these renders looks amazing,How do you create a character in VAM? do we need to purchase the assets from store like in DAZ 3d
No, you don't need to purchase anything. VaM comes with basic assets and a model. You can just edit the model to your liking.

VaM comes also with a build in store, which contains a lot of free assets. Or you can simply go the this website.

It contains free aswell payed assets, textures, models, environment, plugins and many more things.

More then 1k free clothing, 3k different free models, more then 2k different free scenes people have made.

As for payed stuff, you subscribe to someone's Patreon, get a tier, mostly 2 to 7 bucks and then you can download all their clothing. Those clothing always remain useable, even if you stop subscribing.

KingXeno07

Jul 1, 2022
No, you don't need to purchase anything. VaM comes with basic assets and a model. You can just edit the model to your liking.

VaM comes also with a build in store, which contains a lot of free assets. Or you can simply go the this website.

It contains free aswell payed assets, textures, models, environment, plugins and many more things.

More then 1k free clothing, 3k different free models, more then 2k different free scenes people have made.

As for payed stuff, you subscribe to someone's Patreon, get a tier, mostly 2 to 7 bucks and then you can download all their clothing. Those clothing always remain useable, even if you stop subscribing.
Wow .. In daz there is a problem of licensing of the asset that is why i asked,oh so the clothing we have to purchase from artists?

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
ok what about the poses?i need some sexual poses is that available in VAM?
Just poses or also animations? Because there are tons of it. You can also make your own poses and animations.

You can go pretty far, there are also non-adult creators and they make stuff like this with VaM. You can just make what you want.

And you also have people who make dance videos.

Last edited:

KingXeno07

Jul 1, 2022
Bro one more doubt, when i searched for VAM its written VR, so we need a VR headset to run it?Coz i don't have one

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Bro one more doubt, when i searched for VAM its written VR, so we need a VR headset to run it?Coz i don't have one
No, you can use VaM in desktop mode and VR. So, VR headset is not needed!

I can't even recommend VR headset when editing your character or building a scene. But I can remember it when you go check out finished scene's, there are also amazing plugins with voice commands, and plugins to have a realistic touch.

But I use VaM without headset, so it's easier to build, edit or what so ever.