Others Repacking .xp3 troubles

Sidead

Dec 13, 2021
So, i wanted to extract text from a "Sousaku Kanojo no Ren'ai Koushiki" visual novel to machine translate it. But when I packing extracted data.xp3 in .xp3 back the game doesn't want to run and says: "Script extension raised. Cannot convert given narrow string to wide string". It happens even on not changed files if i pack them back. Can someone who have more experience in this help me?
  1. I use " " (others like can not extract scenario.ks files right, they are messed up)
  2. to pack files in .xp3 I use " " others tools have the same problem.
  3. For translation I use Translator++. In Translator++ when i choose "VNTranslationTools" it can't catch the text (scenario.ks files are not visible or visible only some of themwith almost no text 1-2 lines) but if i choose "KiriKiri Adventure Game" it work fine.

I suppose maybe this is because of encryption so if it is the case I would very much appreciate help with this to because it is the first time I am doing this . Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
the "wide string" makes me think about double-byte encodings like ShiftJIS. So it might be related to the Locale setting. Have you tried in Japanese Locale?