RPGM - Completed - Researcher of Bad Organization [Final] [Tsuyoi Ko]

1. 4.00 star(s)

SecondOrion

Things the game did well:
    Story. The story is well fleshed out for this kind of game, at the beginning it's a little confusing, but later in the game it gets really entertaining. The ending was especially good, though the build-up was a little tedious.

Art. The art is good for pixel art. They very obviously spent much more time on the girls' art than on the enemies' art or the non-sex out of combat sprites. In-combat sprites for the girls and yourself are pretty good, but the enemies aren't anything to write home about. For anyone wondering, the scenes are all animated.

Sound. The music choice at the start is upsetting, but (like most things in this game) it gets better the further you go along. There are no character voices, but that isn't really an issue for me.

Gameplay. This is something I'm putting in both categories only because I think I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the combat. The combat is fun and much more fleshed out than you'd think it would be. Getting equipment is easy, elemental type advantages are nicely implemented, and most importantly, the levelling system isn't complete bullshit.

Things the game did not so well:
    Controls/Playability. It's manageable, but really really annoying when you have to get exactly in a small square slightly displaced from the thing you're trying to interact with to get the prompt to pop up. It's very clearly unpolished.

Gameplay. While the combat is good, it bugs me to no end seeing unused MP bars for the characters that use TP and vice versa. On top of that, every map is just a formulaic straight line. It gets a little tedious after a while to go through the same straight hallway with a different coat of paint. However, the enemies are varied, even if their roles aren't. Right away you'll notice a pattern of [1 weak enemy, 1 strong enemy, 2 weak enemies, 2 weak and 1 strong enemy, Bossfight], that only changes closer to the end, which is nice.

The Scenes. I know most if not all of us are here to get our rocks off, and this game can do that for you, but if you want an in-depth experience you won't get it. The scenes are short and the dialogue doesn't come back if you replay them. You'll just be there, dick in hand, watching the same no-dialogue animation, which detracts a bit from the experience in my opinion. Edit: This changes in the gallery, so feel free to use my full save if you want to see the scenes with dialogue.

Translation. I put this in the bad category, but it's much better than most MTL out there. The english is imperfect at times, and a few lines there's no translation at all, but there's no text scrolling past the margins of the text box and no "crunchy" or "absolutely clothes" type of mistranslations.

Conclusion
    Every single part of this game (apart from the controls) improves as it goes along. If you can stick through the mediocre parts, things will improve. The post-game is especially good, as it lets you access anything and everything you may have missed and more. I do suggest you cheat a bit, because grinding for money and xp is something you may have to do if not. Just give yourself a bunch of gold at the start and you won't have to do any grinding for the rest of the game.