Mod Ren'Py Restore Her Career [v0.30] Walkthrough Mod [MurrayMods]

SVHD

Sep 21, 2022
Is there a reason why previous versions are not downloadable ? I saw the update, I'm wondering if it's because of a technical issue like compatibility or something

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Is there a reason why previous versions are not downloadable ? I saw the update, I'm wondering if it's because of a technical issue like compatibility or something
When a new version of the game is released, the previous version is no longer available. The Mod only works with the corresponding version. If you install the Mod v0.29 it overrides the game v0.30 and if the Dev did not change the images you would be playing (I assume again) v0.29.
It has happened to me that I lost a lot of time downloading Mods where it was not clear which version of the game they corresponded to.
That's why I decided to disable the download of my Mods while they are being updated. Players' complaints about the missing link are usually less aggressive than if they download the Mod of the wrong version.

Asheath

Jan 23, 2021
Depending on the mod/game changes you might either downgrade your updated game content or get errors and crashes, and it becomes a hassle with people reporting it to the game dev, dev not realizing it's an outdated mod issue because they don't mention the mod, they don't realize it's outdated... Even funnier if they cry to the dev for no content update. :)

Judging by how people very often don't even read and ask for links, I think it's safe to disable mods because they sure aren't gonna read mod version, better safe than annoyed.

SVHD

Sep 21, 2022
Depending on the mod/game changes you might either downgrade your updated game content or get errors and crashes, and it becomes a hassle with people reporting it to the game dev, dev not realizing it's an outdated mod issue because they don't mention the mod, they don't realize it's outdated... Even funnier if they cry to the dev for no content update. :)

Judging by how people very often don't even read and ask for links, I think it's safe to disable mods because they sure aren't gonna read mod version, better safe than annoyed.
Thank you for your explanation !

Reactions: Asheath

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
Maybe you wanna sit for this one, my friend. Kalyha Dev modified the entire 122,000 lines of code for this release.
I'm going to have to redo the entire Mod and did I mention that it's 122,000 lines of pure RenPy hell?
I thought I mentioned that...
Question: Will the new mod affect previous saves or will it be possible to continue where it left off (end of version 0.29)?

Asheath

Jan 23, 2021
I just realized this game has the entire script in one file holy hell, this must have been painful to mod lmao..

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/color} in u"*{color=#808080}I... I can't breath...{/i}{/color}".:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 42827, in script
    Linda "*{color=#808080}I... I can't breath...{/i}{/color}"
Exception: u'/color' closes a text tag that isn't open.
Same error on line 50690, 50692, 50731, 70815 (will edit if more)

Last edited:

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
I just realized this game has the entire script in one file holy hell, this must have been painful to mod lmao..

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/color} in u"*{color=#808080}I... I can't breath...{/i}{/color}".:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 42827, in script
    Linda "*{color=#808080}I... I can't breath...{/i}{/color}"
Exception: u'/color' closes a text tag that isn't open.
Same error on line 50690, 50692, 50731, 70815 (will edit if more)
Thank you very much but these errors are not from the Mod, they are from the game. The Dev highlighted the characters' thoughts with *. From version 0.30 they were changed to italics. The error you are seeing is that {i} is missing, which indicates the beginning of italics. I didn't look at the game thread but it has probably already been posted to the Dev.
I would have detected it if I had tried the whole game but I was in a hurry to deliver so I only tried the last third of the game.

Reactions: Asheath