VN - Ren'Py - Reunion [v0.65] [Karabinek]

1. 1.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    + Most girls/women look hot.
    + We have an interesting plot, but the execution of the plot is not that good.
    + We have animations for some of the sex scenes, they are rare, and like they are being rare is not bad enough they are not that good either.

Bad Points
    - Characters have a quite weird and robotic look on their face most of the time, and their facial expressions are not that good either. Especially what's wrong with MC's face? Why does he always seem angry even when the dialogue is not about he is being angry?
    - Most of the sex scenes are not animated.
    - The game has translation problems and because of that most of the time dialogue feels distant and weird.
    - Animation and render quality needs to improve. Better physics, better sex scene positions/angles, and quality are needed.
    - Some girls like Lisa (especially their face) need some changes, currently, they are not looking good at all.
    - MC literally pulls girls to himself like a magnet but he is not cool, handsome, or stylish enough for this. Changing his drawing to someone more handsome and cool could be far better and fix this nonsense detail.
    - At this point, there are nearly zero love interests who didn't get raped or not abused by other people and that's just straight-up weird... And weirdly nearly every man in this game except MC is pictured as a corrupted terrible person, even cop friends of Veronica tried to rape her, and this whole thing makes no sense at all.
    - You can't reject girls, and it's not okay, especially with having ugly girls like Lisa... As a player game literally forces you to have some girls even if you don't want them at all...
    - Every version comes with bugs, even creating fresh saves won't save you from getting errors, etc, and if you wanna use your own saves from old versions then good luck, you are going to face a lot of bugs.

For The End
    Well at a certain point, this game had the potential to become a pretty good game, but instead, the game became less and less good and today all I can say is it's good for nothing...
  2. 3.00 star(s)

hotte

Just a quick review.

It is mediocre with less chance of rescuing the story if it stays on this path.

Renders are good. That's it.

Story is crap. Not even cheese good, just not good. Just a bang sim.

No sound no music.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Fantabaldu

This Review is based with my personal experience with the actual Version 0.1 of the game , with my specific opinions and feelings .
    I've never made a review of a game after only the first release because I usually prefer to wait for some more contents , to understand if the developer is reliable in next updates with quality and contents. But this was not the case for two specific reasons : the first is because this game completely strokes me for the so high quality of the graphics and second reason is because all this so big quality work was made by the developer with very scarce resources and with really insufficient hardware . This really not only wonder me , but immediately bring me the decision to pledge him and to give trust on his project.
    The Story of the game it's pretty original and interesting and to underscore the plot during the game it's really nice . To discover what really happened in the past of the protagonist and of his family it could be really interesting

Pros
    -Plot: already since first release you can see the potential that this work can have , the connection with the memories from the past and the actual time line , give to the plot the necessary depth also for next release
    -Characters : all girls are absolutely beautiful warm and original , completely different between them not only in the physic expect but in the behavior ; also the sex aspect will be so different with one girl that with another
    -Choices : The choices have a good impact in the story since this first release ; some choices can open different paths and different sex scenes , with others one you can chose to avoid some contents , so the player have a complete freedom in the game to make what he likes more
    -Graphics and Renders : only one word : AMAZING! This is without doubts the best part of the game ; a player can stay completely astonished from the big quality of all renders and from the skills and abilities that the Dev shows in this work

Cons
    -No kind of cons : this is the first release and the first work of the Developer and it's one of the best i've played till now

Overall
    What I can say more ? Are you still reading my poor words and you are not going immediately to pledge this project ? This first release has completely conquered me for all reasons I wrote before. For sure the dev have some skills in photography and immediately you feel it ; at the same time you can feel the passion and the love that he is putting in his Opera.

This game it's not only worth to play but it deserves a full 5 star review ; I'm so eager to see next release and to see in which way the Dev will be able to raise the bar of is quality more and more .
  4. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

I can't believe this game got so many 5 star reviews.
    They are absolutely undeserved.

There is one good thing about the game and that is the renders.
    The girls are beautiful, but that's all.

The dialogue is not only simple, the flow of the conversation often makes no sense, but with that at least it fits with the story and the way characters behave, as it is all over the place.

It's like watching a google translated soap opera, that's the best example I have. The dialogue is so cringe-worthy and the women, even if they just met the MC go from complete strangers to "If only he would fuck me." from one moment to the next, divulging their traumas and their deepest desires.

And the MC is the same, at best he sounds like a bad gigolo, at worst he sounds like an idiot.
    How this wimpy guy, who looks like he hasn't worked a day in his life and never had any hardship, is supposed to be some sort of tough guy whose successful company obviously has something to do with security or investigations, is completely, completely beyond me.

Every woman in this game dresses like a hooker, from secretaries to lawyers, to top manager. It's a joke, really.

The story is mixed together from several other games, so that's also no place where this game could score.

IDK, I might have graciously given this one three stars, but for two reasons:
    1. The urge to bang my head against something hard became stronger the longer I played the game.
    2. With all these completely unwarranted 5 star reviews, you have to judge this game hard, so that at one point we might actually get a review score that isn't completely baseless.

The game isn't completely hopeless, the renders are good and a story doesn't have to be original to work, but the writing and characterization have to become better and tbh, I doubt the dev has the skills, so he should consider teaming up with a better writer.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Draakaap23

If you are just looking for solid renders and hot girls: this is for you. It is why I gave it 3 stars because everything is just bad
    If you want interesting characters, a believable story to go with said hot girls and the pretty pictures: start look elsewhere!
    At some point I just set the option on for skipping unseen text, and just skipped through all the dialog until something sexy flashed by on the screen. The one animation I found was alright. Sex scenes have multiple still renders. It all looks good on screen, just do not read dialog: I found it to be juvenile, not bad, not good, just too simple for my taste.
    The game tries to instill drama and depth and just fails at every turn. The MC can go from yelling at someone in one scene to hugging and cuddling them in the next scene with that person, suddenly acting like best friends or lost lovers, without any mentioning about their previous arguments about life changing traumas from their past....yeah, sure! /s
    The game hints it is also going to be about a somewhat 'mysterious past', (which the MC ofcourse can't talk about because arbitrary reasons, WTF!?!)
    I'd recommend the dev to drop any pretense about the story and just make the harem game and keep it lighthearted. Get that revenge-fuck with the step-mom in there and get chugging!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Venoma

-UPDATED FOR SECOND RELEASE-

**UNIQUE DISPLAY OF ELITE 5 STAR POTENTIAL FOR A FIRST RELEASE...THAT QUICKLY DEGRADES INTO YET ANOTHER GAME WITH A TERRIBLY WRITTEN IN HAREM APPROACH**

Early impression pros:

- Top of the food chain type blend of many different sexy as heck skinny/big breasts girls that doesn't get too exaggerated crazy with the boob size if that is your cup of tea (it's mine).

- Clear writing without any engrish.

- Extremely promising overall pacing approach with the sexy time stuff. Seriously, this game deserves major kudos for this. Great execution job at throwing the player that early high quality sex scene bone that gets the blood pumping about what they can expect to come, but while doing it in a mostly isolated and story-driven manner that didn't at all leave me believing this game will morph into a typical zero chase meet&screw sex romp with most of the other characters.

- I like the the general approach of not being afraid to mix dark and light themed general storylines surrounding the girls.

Early Impression cons:

- Some plot holes written into the story that don't add up. The use of too young looking character models in some instances, starting with the MC, also adds to this.

- The at the core and taking a literal "do you want to join my harem?" approach to character progression is basically written for a 13 old kid. With all the typical extreme loser "every girl is immediately wet for me. yay!" fantasy bases covered. Which on the flip side to all just ultimately serves to cheapen any chance of a more realistic chase aspect surrounding pretty much every girl.

All in all one of those rare games that might come along a couple times a year that shows legit 5 star potential coming out the gate, and then gets dragged down by a too terribly unrealistic relationship building approach, and your typical dev misconception that completely catering to the select crowd of people who fevorishly cheer you on in the process of such ends up anywhere but with creating yet another "great girls, poor story" game.

The girls alone make it worth the play and the 4 stars though.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

This is the update from my original review from May of 2020

PROS
    The story is interesting
    Characters are dynamic
    Renders are good

CONS
    Writing needs some help
    Tiddies are lopsided a lot

Summary
    The story is pretty interesting. You've got this big mystery going on, and then you have all of these smaller issues orbiting around the main plot. It is both interesting and frustrating at the same time. It pulls you in, spins you around and leaves you wanting more.
    The characters are dynamic and all have their own things going on. I just wish you had more choices to really assert the dominance you're lead to believe you have.
    The issues with the writing are sporadic and mostly consist of misspellings and other typos. Nothing that really takes away from the story, but they are noticeable.
    I will recommend this VN. Karabinek is doing pretty good work with this story and even though it's been almost 2 and a half years, there is enough content in the 12 in game days to keep you interested and leaves you waiting for the next update.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 15555

My, my this game has taken my breath away for just a 1st release.
    I love to see some hate story revenge and it was about time to get one, the writing and pacing of the story are very well done.
    The renders are pretty good quality.
    The animations are good.
    The girls are pretty hot.
    The game is set for harem and as seen in this first release is not going to be blueballs all the way so it is a must if you enjoy such games.
    The only I can say to the dev is give us some milfs not only Linda.
    100% Recommended and pretty sure it will reach the top games if this keeps up and the updates come regularly.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

systechguy71

Game is realy good and not short like other games first release but i just can only hope future Lesbian content not forced for lisa because after pool scene it's kinda seems forced i hope dev. give players a choice about "join them" or "not"
    Other then that game starts realy good and MC is not an pussy or beta it's making this more perfect.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Legendary101

It is average which on this site is a three star rating, for me. The set up to the storyline is poorly implemented and some really stupid things occur which just happen because they have to happen or are half heartedly explained. I don't want to be too harsh because this is the start of this game, so it is getting a rating of average and hopefully the storyline will be tightened as time goes on with its development or better still some rewrites of current content.

The renders and models look nice, really nice, no issues here with that, What falters or stutters is the set ups and storytelling.

As with most reviews l do, I will go into detail in the spoilers what I did not like and explanations behind my feeling with reference to the story. But this is the first release of this game, so that is all that will be covered in the spoilers. It is all early game stuff if you are worried about looking. The above is just a brief overview if you want to go in blank before playing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well hope I expressed most of what I saw wrong and how I felt in the spoilers, maybe it is a bit lucky to get three stars. But it is only the start. If you read my review and want to correct me, feel free to message and I will hear you out or you want to say something. I will update this review if more is released and I play it.

But all in all as usual, if you play and feel differently glad you enjoyed it and everyone can have a different opinion. This was just mine.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 207916

Another exelent game that i highly recomend. Characters and renders are both great. Story is also very interesting. In some aspects it reminds me on ''Where the Heart is'', but nevertheless its great. For 1st release it shows so much content and characters. Usualy i don't give a chance to 1st release ''Demo'' version, but 2GB that tells you something. Any way, i can only hope more from this dev and if you are capable support him/her.

Characters - 10/10
    Renders - 10/10
    Story - 10/10