Mod Ren'Py Completed Revenga [1.0 Extra] Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Not angry or anything, just there is some people in this forum who spams about game updates, and just feels bad for modders. Dont wanna to offend no one.
'game is updated' comment usually is for alerting the modders maybe because they could've miss it while working on other mods. It doesn't mean 'hurry modder update the mod quickly! I demand an update right now!'. Also threads of the mods becomes more lively when update comes and the visibility of the mod increases. I don't really see a down side of typing 'game is updated' tbh. If someone types 'where is the hell is mod????' yeah that's toxic but come on typing 'game is updated is far away from being toxic or anything

Razield

Nov 12, 2017
In some cases the modder gets a copy of the game direct from the developer, this is true for most games that have popular mods and a few modders even go out of their way to get this privilage.

So chances are Shaddy had this game before we did XD, As they are kinda well known as a modder.

Draver1

Feb 17, 2021
Also, Shaddy may be waiting for the "Extra" version to be posted. No sense doing twice the work if it will be out soon anyway.

Reactions: Repuci

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
In some cases the modder gets a copy of the game direct from the developer, this is true for most games that have popular mods and a few modders even go out of their way to get this privilage.

So chances are Shaddy had this game before we did XD, As they are kinda well known as a modder.
Not this one, unfortunately.

Also, Shaddy may be waiting for the "Extra" version to be posted. No sense doing twice the work if it will be out soon anyway.
Actually, the way the extras are done for this game, the mod works whether you have the extra's or not as the menu choices are already in the code, but don't appear unless you have the extras file.

And Boehser Onkel and preskerd thanks for the heads up. I actually did almost miss this one, due to being busy with other things. There'll be an update coming shortly.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Actually, the way the extras are done for this game, the mod works whether you have the extra's or not as the menu choices are already in the code, but don't appear unless you have the extras file.
That's actually an interesting and clever use of code and content/file separation. Think other Devs should take note of this perhaps, as to make life a bit easier on modders.

And Boehser Onkel and preskerd thanks for the heads up. I actually did almost miss this one, due to being busy with other things. There'll be an update coming shortly.
Never understood the people freaking out when we give you, the modders, a short and to the point "Hey! Update's out.".:rolleyes: I'll poke at a mod thread if needed, and if it's already done; We wait :KEK:

There are probably many a game with mods from you and the other modders, where the devs do not throw you the game beforehand, which makes us the community a great notification bell for updates needed, even if redundant on some games, where the devs themselves are part of the modding cycle. Better with a notification too much I believe, than none at all. ;)

Reactions: preskerd and Tinuss

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Never understood the people freaking out when we give you, the modders, a short and to the point "Hey! Update's out.".:rolleyes: I'll poke at a mod thread if needed, and if it's already done; We wait :KEK:

There are probably many a game with mods from you and the other modders, where the devs do not throw you the game beforehand, which makes us the community a great notification bell for updates needed, even if redundant on some games, where the devs themselves are part of the modding cycle. Better with a notification too much I believe, than none at all. ;)
I completely agree, but I do get a chuckle out of it. lol

Reactions: GamleErik89

Brannsar

Dec 22, 2017
This says for 7extra and the op only says 7, are they the same version? Just throws errors and restarts on renaming in the gallry.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
This says for 7extra and the op only says 7, are they the same version? Just throws errors and restarts on renaming in the gallry.
works for both, just don't choose the extras options if you don't have the actual files. Dev left the code in so they'll still show the option for the new update even if you only have the 0.6 extras file.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote