4.10 star(s) 58 Votes

pussymellow

Oct 18, 2019
yea his latest update was released on dec 7th and his goal is a 2 month release cycle i think. even tho he is struggling with the 2 month time frame an early march release would be worst case scenario if something goes realy wrong.
early-mid february should be the release if everything goes as planed imo.

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
That switching all the images thing has me worried. That is not a small process by any means and is bound to cause other issues (such as missing images) and major delays if Ferdafs tries to do it all in one go. (plus, now I have to convert them all back to png! sigh...)

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
Anyone able to post the "Working MILFs part 2" pic (I assume there is one)? I don't see it on his blog.

Meanwhile ... here's a funny thing I noticed, while replaying a couple of scenes. Wild Summer thinks she is safe from being eaten while she sleeps ...

Screenshot (13).png

... but then this happens ...

Screenshot (14).png

:sneaky:

Last edited:

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
That switching all the images thing has me worried. That is not a small process by any means and is bound to cause other issues (such as missing images) and major delays if Ferdafs tries to do it all in one go. (plus, now I have to convert them all back to png! sigh...)
Would you have to do any conversion? Couldn't you keep what you already have and just add in the new stuff?

Reactions: dokodesuka

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Would you have to do any conversion? Couldn't you keep what you already have and just add in the new stuff?
I meant more that it is an extra step to convert jpeg into png for new content. I'm not planning to go back and replace every image in the Renpy version (well, not with the new images at least...). Mostly I doubt that Ferdafs can do the replacement of all the image in the Unity version quickly, there are a LOT of images, and it is not a simple search and replace.

I'm also wondering what it will do to the quality of the base images, jpeg isn't great for drawings because of how the compression on it works. We'll just have to wait and see

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I don't know to much about this stuff but, if the file has already been coverted into a jpeg would you really gain any quality from converting it again to a png?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I don't know to much about this stuff but, if the file has already been coverted into a jpeg would you really gain any quality from converting it again to a png?
Once we lose the quality in jpeg, it's pretty much gone, so I'm not very excited for the move to jpeg. But the time to implement that sort of change in Unity is huge (it's like 10,000 images). So those are really my biggest worries about the change, a loss in source file quality, and a major delay on the next update. I would be shocked (but also delighted) if it arrives before the start of next month. And honestly impressed if it arrives before the end of March with a change like that completed and working.

I was mostly joking (trying to be funny and failing (as usual)) about re-converting being an issue. No matter what format I get the images in I'm going to mess with them, so it's probably about the same~ish time wise for me.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Gotcha.

I'm not overly worried about the quality loss but ya the time issue is a big factor. He's been suffering under some tech debt for awhile now and it's really starting to bite him in the ass.

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I don't think for the Unity version (if done right) that the quality loss will be very noticeable. Compressions can be difficult to notice unless you are looking for it or they are done poorly. But, for the renpy version, those images are going to be the source images I use, so if I build on top of them (which I often do) I'm starting from a lower quality image. It also makes compression on my end a bit more tricky.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Good people tell me if you can quickly skip dialogues?
You can skip quickly if you use the Esc key, and if that doesn't work you can use an autoclicker utility (a small program that lets you make artificial keyboard clicks in a very fast way). I posted an example for AutoHotkey (Windows only) in here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rick-and-morty-a-way-back-home-v3-4-ferdafs.12390/page-220#post-6330611

can you turn off subtitles?
No, if I remember correctly you can only hide the dialog box by clicking on the eye icon, or pressing the H key.

and how do you open a scene on an image?
I don't know if that's what you mean, there's a way to replay sex scenes by going to the Mindblowers gallery at the basement in Morty's house, explained in here:
Click on the map while at home in the upper left then scroll down (it's below the screen) to where it says mindblowers.

Reactions: dominator8995

dominator8995

Sep 1, 2018
You can skip quickly if you use the Esc key, and if that doesn't work you can use an autoclicker utility (a small program that lets you make artificial keyboard clicks in a very fast way). I posted an example for AutoHotkey (Windows only) in here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rick-and-morty-a-way-back-home-v3-4-ferdafs.12390/page-220#post-6330611

No, if I remember correctly you can only hide the dialog box by clicking on the eye icon, or pressing the H key.

I don't know if that's what you mean, there's a way to replay sex scenes by going to the Mindblowers gallery at the basement in Morty's house, explained in here:
Thank you very much, yes I know about the memories in the garage, however I did not see this scene

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
Mindblowers usually lags one release, sometimes there's a mindblower-update between releases.

The dev seems pretty busy so probably no mindblower-update until next release.

tldr;
new scenes don't make it to mindblowers until later.

wibbled

Dec 11, 2020
wait where is this seen? How do you get this route?
The pics I posted are from two scenes. The first one is a little bit after Morty rescues Wild Summer from the Kronenberg universe, and the second is from the latest update, but the Renpy version, which allows you to choose between having Original Summer or Wild Summer. I only realised after posting, that I'd used an image that isn't in the Unity version of the game, so my apologies for that.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes