• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Rick and Morty: Another Way Home [r3.9] [Night Mirror]

1. 5.00 star(s)

7twenty

Great work here! The Unity game is boring and unplayable, this is fun and easy to play. Thanks a ton, you are appreciated and you definitely improved the community with this. Play is smooth and easy, options are easy to use, and everything flows together coherently. Thanks.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Alkemya-san

Great game, classical Ren'Py , nothing really bad to say about it except the sphericalness of these tats. Graphics are good but you can improve, the shining is clearly to rework, bodies sometimes look like plastic. Scenario is okay, writing is okay too.

Be careful to other games like yours, bc they have excellent result on some of these points, try to improve some aspects, or you may be crushed by the others ! Great job tho !
  3. 5.00 star(s)

sfoMMA85

This rework is absolutely amazing, and there is nothing more to add to the choir of happy reviewers, who rated this game with 5 stars.

You can read through the reviews and understand why this rework of ferdafs original game is so good or you can just click the download button and enjoy - your choice. ;)

Just wanted to thank Night Mirror for beeing the simple genius we all needed - for me this rework made the game playable again.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Welbinator

Holy shit cannot express this guy is amazing. Has done everything the guy who gets paid should of been doing. Hopefully this man sticks around :) Can't wait to see what happens next, 100% a developer who deserves respect.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

chucklefuckarbys

A great improvement on the original. Not to knock Ferdafs, but the switch of engine, writing tweaks within scenes, added scenes, joining contextual scenes, and ability to skip scenes are incredibly good additions which make this pretty much the definitive way to play this.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

sassy_mendigo

I didn't play the original, I have no idea how the original story is and how it's ending.

Hell, I downloaded this, and took me 3 days to actually play it because the idea of sexualized Rick and Morty characters is just laughable. But I have to say;

What a great game. The writing is pretty much on par with the show, the characters are great, the storylines are hot, and even the art isn't bad. As a parody, I could compare it to Four Elements Trainer, but with a lesser art but has actual animations, so it's even.

Go play it, I had 12 hours wanking marathon with it. Haven't played a western this good in months.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

RM4ST3R

Is amazing this fan made on renpy, finally we can save and see an order in the history to understand it better, and the extra lines cg and decisions are quite insteresting, thanks for all your efforts
  8. 5.00 star(s)

RevPaco

This version elevates what is already a great game (A Way Back Home by Ferdafs), but removes the grind and adds some minor fetish content.

Excellent content, doesn't take all day to go through. That's a win-win!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

stopdropnroll

Just like the other reviewers are saying, this is a great remake of the Unity version. I totally recommend you play this version of it, and hopefully it'll continue getting updated as well. I'll def be checking this page often. I also love the UI of the scene replay, was really neat!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

fuzzybosco

Original game is great. This rework fixes many things people wished for in original game. 5 stars. Maybe Ferdafs could hook up with this DEV. The two of them could do some pretty great work together. I don't usually write a lot of review but this one is that good.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Kal995

Review on the 1.1 release.

I supported the original Unity game for a long time because the art style is on point and I just found the concept of an adult version of Rick & Morty hilarious. However, Unity isn't nearly as good an engine for a visual novel as Ren'Py is and the original game has a ton of game bugs that can make it hard to play.

This version is a vast improvement. I really appreciate getting rid of the poorly done sandbox elements and also being able to save at any point and being able to reload any of the saves at any time. I also appreciate some of the improvements that Night Mirror made to the flow of storylines. Honestly, this is what the original should be.

That being said, there are some small issues, like a few places where one storyline doesn't flow as smoothly into another as I'd like, but that's to be expected in places since the original is a sandbox game. There are, however, still a lot of typos, but that is easy to fix and doesn't impede the story.

This is a great fan-made version of this game and I encourage you to try it if you like Rick & Morty.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

weretiger

I am not a fan of this art style, but the story and the athmosphere of the game is really outstanding. With many side stories the main plot keep you playing this game like a drug. I enjoyed the characters, the way how the MC seduce the girls around him, but also the NTR parts. Keep on working on this game!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Obanama

This should be the official version of the game and makes it impossible to return to the original.

Unity just sucks for VNs and having it be in RenPy, as it should be, just makes everything so much more enjoyable. Night Mirror does a great job of making everything more cohesive, stable and even adds some extra spice. Playing the unity version is impossible now and not having to deal with replaying half the game after each new update sure is nice.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

ohenrythefilth

I prefer this version to the original game. Being able to skip and save whenever you want is a big improvement. The choices given are also good to have. I think the stolen content thing is fine as long as they're clearly credited and linked up as seems to be the case. Cheers Dev
  15. 5.00 star(s)

thevoid089

One of the best fan remake game on this site so far, and in my opinion this is how the original Another way home should have been: A visual novel system instead of sandbox, a better and logical story progress and set up, no grinding, no questlines so you won't be clueless about what to do, have a Gallery that actually work, no bugs or soft blocking if you done something wrong,....
    This one deserved a 10/10 rating, you have done a great job Night Mirror and we all are very grateful for this masterpiece
  16. 5.00 star(s)

JianYang-69

Great game, good job dev!!
    If they told me that Dan Harmon himself is the one who produces the game, I would believe it.
    Really excited for what is to come in the future.

Graphics 5/5
    Story 4/5
    Fun 5/5
  17. 5.00 star(s)

sagekita

A RenPy port that was desperately needed. Another Way Home gives us the content and storylines of A Way Back Home, but makes it linear and easily traversed, fixing many of the pathing problems and save issues of the original. For the first time, I've been able to make it through the entirety of the game, and to enjoy it while doing so.

Further, Night Mirror has put together a number of improvements over the regular RenPy engine, making it so you can fap 9-5 without having to worry about text boxes or decisions, if you so choose.