Daz Ridiculously strong expressions

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
HELP! I don't know wtf is going on! Though it is incredibly funny, it makes for horrible renders :ROFLMAO:

I usually use expressions from Renderotica to help with blowjob and orgasm renders, but recently the expressions for some reason started looking like this.
8ed1530f86ae3f7ba1fc02f5f40b8451.png f885678c9c381096f0a45a85e92293b7.png be830c67125d7b8aa7f03753face5a00.png
The yellow highlighted expressions are the ones used.

Usually, they would work fine, with some being a little too strong for some characters, but now the expressions have become excessively strong, making the faces twisted, for all characters. They weren't always this extreme. Any way to fix this or at least work around this?

Droptercopter

Jun 5, 2021
I think you have limits turned off. Click on the little gear on the expression slider, select PARAMETER SETTINGS, and tick the "Use Limits" box.

This happens when you apply poses that use scripts, like the ones from ATGL.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
As Droptercopter said, some poses mess with your figure at a low level (bone rotations/translations), and those can really mess up your characters. Sometimes so badly that even a reset figure pose/shape wont work.

Now give us some details, are you saying that old packs that you used before are not working any longer, or some new packs that you installed are acting up?

Reactions: Mr. Unique

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
As Droptercopter said, some poses mess with your figure at a low level (bone rotations/translations), and those can really mess up your characters. Sometimes so badly that even a reset figure pose/shape wont work.

Now give us some details, are you saying that old packs that you used before are not working any longer, or some new packs that you installed are acting up?
I think you have limits turned off. Click on the little gear on the expression slider, select PARAMETER SETTINGS, and tick the "Use Limits" box.

This happens when you apply poses that use scripts, like the ones from ATGL.
Sorry for replying late. I think I've found a solution to my problem, but it also meant I had to delete Auto Face Enhancer . Though, I'm not even sure if I needed that addon. At least I got rid of the weird Habsburg chin!

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry for replying late. I think I've found a solution to my problem, but it also meant I had to delete Auto Face Enhancer . Though, I'm not even sure if I needed that addon. At least I got rid of the weird Habsburg chin!
Make sense, iirc AFE controller/morph add multiplicative deltas modifier not just additive ones due to how it works (on high geograft subD lvl). That said, now that PBRSkin introduced bump/normal micro tiles, AFE is a bit of a glutton for what it does I guess :unsure:. Was quite a fun and genuine addon tho :coffee:.

hansolocambo

Jun 21, 2020
" it also meant I had to delete Auto Face Enhancer "
Auto face enhancer and all of D.Master's so called "enhancers" are terrible DAZ bundles.
They install tons and tons of PBM (partial body morphs) that load and act in the background (hidden parameters) at all time.
My DAZ became someday incredibly slow. And I had to suffer that slowness for months ! until I figured out that those enhancers were the issue.

I got rid of all D.Master's bundles and suddenly my DAZ was really fast again. I mean... loading a G8F went from 15-20 minutes (!) to about 2 minutes on an average scene with 2 or 3 G8F and some environment. With D.Master's enhancers installed I could spend 5 or more minutes just waiting for DAZ to react after moving a timeline keyframe.

Turd bundles. Get rid of them all.

-------------------------

Mr. Unique

There are two ways in DAZ to deform the G8 default (not geografted) wireframe.
- skinning (bones acting on vertices)
- morphing (vertices moved with another app, and loaded as a morph target).

When you load an already made expression, it can be made out of :
- only skinning (posing the face's bones manually). In this case, you just have to go to Posing > Genesis 8 > Pose Controls > Head, and from there you lower down the sliders that are set to extreme values by the expression you loaded.
- only a morph. The bundle vendor didn't use DAZ sliders this time, he made a custom morph with a third party app. You should have a slider corresponding to that expression. Go to Posing > Genesis 8 > Pose Controls > Head > Expressions, and lower down the slider of the expression.

Reason of your problem :
1- Auto Face Enhancer. Terrible bundle. What you can possibly do with it certainly does not justify the Cons of having it installed.
2- Keep in mind that expressions are often saved by DAZ creators with too extreme values. On purpose. The button in your Content Library loads what the creator decided to set as a default slider value. But this value can always be adjusted manually. Spend more time in Parameters/Posing Tabs than in the Content Library to work on facial expressions.

Mr. Unique

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2016
Auto face enhancer and all of D.Master's so called "enhancers" are terrible DAZ bundles.
They install tons and tons of PBM (partial body morphs) that load and act in the background (hidden parameters) at all time.
My DAZ became someday incredibly slow. And I had to suffer that slowness for months ! until I figured out that those enhancers were the issue.

I got rid of all D.Master's bundles and suddenly my DAZ was really fast again. I mean... loading a G8F went from 15-20 minutes (!) to about 2 minutes on an average scene with 2 or 3 G8F and some environment. With D.Master's enhancers installed I could spend 5 or more minutes just waiting for DAZ to react after moving a timeline keyframe.

-------------------------

Mr. Unique

There are two ways in DAZ to deform the G8 default (not geografted) wireframe.
- skinning (bones acting on vertices)
- morphing (vertices moved with another app, and loaded as a morph target).

When you load an already made expression, it can be made out of :
- only skinning (posing the face's bones manually). In this case, you just have to go to Posing > Genesis 8 > Pose Controls > Head, and from there you lower down the sliders that are set to extreme values by the expression you loaded.
- only a morph. The bundle vendor didn't use DAZ sliders this time, he made a custom morph with a third party app. You should have a slider corresponding to that expression. Go to Posing > Genesis 8 > Pose Controls > Head > Expressions, and lower down the slider of the expression.

Reason of your problem :
1- Auto Face Enhancer. Terrible bundle. What you can possibly do with it certainly does not justify the Cons of having it installed.
2- Keep in mind that expressions are often saved by DAZ creators with too extreme values. On purpose. The button in your Content Library loads what the creator decided to set as a default slider value. But this value can always be adjusted manually. Spend more time in Parameters/Posing Tabs than in the Content Library to work on facial expressions.
Thank you very much! That was very informative!

Reactions: hansolocambo

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018

It was perfectly fine when it was out 2 years ago. Pushing fine details on skin that deseperetly need them, without the need of any exterior software (mostly baking disp.), was quite a nice idea. Especially neat if you're into close up shot. People don't really understand what they install. Trick was to install it in another library & activate it only when you need it. As rule of thumb, don't install more the you need.

Well kinda obsolete know but quite funny.

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
Wow I almost felt off my chair out of laughter. Those images you posted are hella funny. I hope everything works now. I also would have suggested activating the limits back on.

Nov 28, 2019
Using a Sub-D level of 3, the auto enhancers add a nice little extra to the overall details of a character, and light to medium use of the Auto Shape Enhancer makes working on bends SO much easier, so I really can't second Mr. Unique's opinion. I use a Geforce GTX 1660ti and don't feel like the Auto Enhancers are slowing everything down considerably (unrelated and general hint, in case you didn't know already: Having "Interactive Update" on any smoothing modifier switched "on" is a SERIOUS resources and time hog! Only use for a quick control view, then turn off again.)

If you don't use Sub-D 3 the Auto Face Enhancer really is rather useless and not worth it, though, and should be set locked at 0%. Then you can't activate it by accident using expressions specific to it or something :)

Reactions: Madmanator99

hansolocambo

Jun 21, 2020
I can confirm that Auto Enhancer by D.Master SLOW down tremendously any DAZ action.
And no, auto face enhancer does not add "a little extra" to "details" as it does influence bones movements. Every movement you make is "enhanced" as this bundle, by default, is set at 100% whenever you load a G8 figure.
You can get interesting results out of it but it slows down hell like crazy. I got rid of all D.Master plugins, mainly because they were ON by default. And I can very very clearly see a difference when posing a face for an expression or a body for a pose.

A solution I personally use for that specific bundle, but also for many others : create different DAZ libraries. I have one single DAZ library with just that bundle. And I load Face Enhancer only when I eventually need it in the Content Directory Manager. Separating DAZ Libraries, and even better having only one loaded with only the skin / morph(s) / environment(s) / prop(s), etc. that you use for a specific scene, makes DAZ work perfectly smooth, load scenes very fast, rather than having to wait minutes at each click.

It's an interesting app in a workflow but it's coded terribly and not optimized at all. Especially since all bundles are made by who-knows-who people, and often just amateurs. DAZ is slow, and even slower because a lot of what's loaded is third parties content. Optimizing libraries in mutliple libraries loaded or not in the Content Directory Manager before loading the scene is they key to speed. And in this case to avoid ultra exaggerated expressions.

Make your scene. Then add the library with D.Master Face Enhancer, reload the scene and then only at the very end of your work : create the facial expression with Face enhancer activated. If you activate it when the expression is already made, then sure you end up with undesired "enhanced" results.

Last edited: