• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender Rigging daz clothes to blender model

DrFaker(exSmut3D)

Formerly 'Smut3D'
Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
I've imported this skirt from daz.
Please check the first screenshot, here you can see the white lines which I assume is the rig. I can move the skirt only if I select these lines, if I select the skirt mesh it can't be moved, why is that?
Screenshot (85).png

The second issue is that I'm trying to rig the clothes to the body. I've followed this tutorial
After I select the mesh skirt and shift+click on the the body's rig and Set parent to Empty Groups, the skirt is placed up over her belly.
If anyone can kindly explain what I'm doing wrong I'll be closer to be making this game... in the attached pic you can see how the skirt should look like but if I press set parent to empty group it moves it way up
Screenshot (84).png

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
1) you are most likely in Pose mode. In pose mode you can only use the bones to pose your character. Switch to object mode to move the whole character.

2) I think you got to apply transforms. Ctrl+A while the skirt is selected and then chose apply all transforms.

DrFaker(exSmut3D)

Formerly 'Smut3D'
Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
1) you are most likely in Pose mode. In pose mode you can only use the bones to pose your character. Switch to object mode to move the whole character.

2) I think you got to apply transforms. Ctrl+A while the skirt is selected and then chose apply all transforms.
no, I was in object mode
if I do ''ctrl + A and apply all transforms'' nothing happens, just the lower left window appears
Screenshot (86).png

DrFaker(exSmut3D)

Formerly 'Smut3D'
Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
if you have time, maybe take a look at it, would appreciate it

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Ok i looked at your file a bit. You got transform locked on the skirt. Unlock it in the object proporties menu. It moves the skirt to her belly but you can just move it back to place. After that you can do the second part without the skirt moving to the belly.

DrFaker(exSmut3D)

Formerly 'Smut3D'
Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
Ok i looked at your file a bit. You got transform locked on the skirt. Unlock it in the object proporties menu. It moves the skirt to her belly but you can just move it back to place. After that you can do the second part without the skirt moving to the belly.
Sorry but went to object data properties, I see no locks and no transform button

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Select your object, then click the orange square in the bottom right menu (object properties). Top tab is transforms. All the locks shown in red in the picture below are locked in your file.

Locks.png

Reactions: BlooFlix

DrFaker(exSmut3D)

Formerly 'Smut3D'
Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
having problems with the white top
if I move the data transfer modifier(circled in pic) to first it gives this clipping result. Data transfer modifier still remains last while modifiers like armature skin binding and mmultires remain first in order
Screenshot (89).png

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
What happens if you move data transfer to the top? If that doesnt help just give me the file again and i will have a look its hard to find whats going on with just a screenshot.

DrFaker(exSmut3D)

Formerly 'Smut3D'
Game Developer
Aug 24, 2017
What happens if you move data transfer to the top? If that doesnt help just give me the file again and i will have a look its hard to find whats going on with just a screenshot.
if I move the Data Transfer up the breasts start clipping through the top...

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Ok I found the problem: Your character is already posed with her breasts being moved up a bit (making them more perky). When you unpose your character the white shirt isnt covering the breasts but going inside of it. This will create wierd stuff when you add the data transfer node.

You solve this by disabling the armature modifier on the character (click the screen icon on the amature modifier in the modifier proporties list), disable the data transfer node on the white shirt, then remoddel the white shirt so everything is outside of the character. Then you can enable the armature modifier on the character again, and the data transfer mode on the white shirt and I think it should work properly then.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DrFaker(exSmut3D)