• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Rika's Journey - My attempt at creating a game :)

DonCamillo

Oct 23, 2019
Hey there :)

Since I played several games in the last couple of years I finally decided to make my own game.
I'll be using RPGmaker MZ and add 3D images created with DAZ Studio.

The game will take place on an island in a quiet mixed up timezone (like there are monsters, a little bit of electricity and a mix of old an new clothes).
The main protaganist will be called Rika as mentioned in the title and the game will be launched under the pseudonym Sosonokasu Entertainment.
Currently I am working on the RPGmaker part since I decided how the protagonist will look.
Attached you could find the first WIP of the world map and a little teaser of Rika ;)
I won't post a working schedule at the moment but as far as I have planned by now the release of the first version would be at the end of
September this year maybe earlier. It'll include the basic mechanics, the first town including all necessary events to improve this from a
run down town to the first stage of a wealthier town.
Here is a quick summary of the intro:

Backstory
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rikas father Erik Leifson is the leader of the Leifson Merchant Association which
is well known throughout the world. Every young member of the family has to prove their worth
as a merchant and business manager after the turned 21.
Therefore Rika was sent to the neighbouringisland of Esteria after her 21st birthday.

Since her father is a friend of the king of Esteria, King Ansgar, Rika was given a house and a store
in the city of Dunmasal to start her business in Esteria. But things were worse than Rika had thought.
The small towns in Esteria are nearly abondened by the people and most parts of the businesses are
shut down or are at the brink of vanishing.

Her father assigned her with the task to earn 1 Million Gulden before she could return to
her family and her home. But how should she do this with a nearly broken economy on Esteria?

Your task is to help her reach her goal. You have to evolve your store, negotiate with other merchants
and suppliers, evolve the towns to attract more residents and fullfill your fathers' task.
You will have to negotiate, fight and use every possible way to help her to rise from the bottom to the sky.

It'll be a long journey and I hope you will succeed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you like this work you could also take a look at the patreon site I created for it:
All posts before the initial relase will be public there.

Regards,

Don

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Cul

DonCamillo

Oct 23, 2019
Here is another wip picture.
I'm just struggling which software I should use to create the images.

Untill now I tried DAZ but maybe Honey select could also be worth a try.
Could you please give your suggestions?

Patreon6_1.png