VN - Ren'Py - Ripples [v0.6.0 Public] [Jestur]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Shine202

Reviewing v.0.6.0

This game is perfect, I just can't wait for the next updates.
    It has everything, amazing story, characters, sound effects, renders, animations, sex scenes, good dialogue that also can be funny at times. I really can't find much wrong with this game, definitely top 5 on this site.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

rf96

The game is great, with a good story and a lot of humour. Sex scenes are well-made, and sufficiently long for a good fap.
    Graphics are made with Honey Select, but I think the dev managed to get the most of it, especially with the smooth animations.
    Imo, the main flaw of the game is the overabundance of girls, as it is difficult to keep track of all of them. Some of them are even duplicated with the time travel, so there are actually "more" girls, somehow.
    17/20
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Innocience

Played 0.6.0 Public

This is a hard one to rate. It's easily one of if not the best when it comes to animations in a AVN I've played and the renders are top notch.
    But then the game feels far too big for its own good - despite no grind or sandbox mechanic.

What do I mean? All LIs fall for MC's magic dick, are promiscuous kinky sluts (with a couple shy closeted sluts mixed in for good measure) and there's just too frekkin many of them. I never feel like I get enough time to spend with them and it detracts from my enjoyment.
    At least the characters are varied albeit watered down (MC cock magic) stereotypes. The writing isn't half bad either. But good luck getting to enjoy your favorite with that huge of a cast.
    Having them all yearn for MC's cock actively takes away from their character, sands down their stereotypes and makes them blend together for me.

The story is objectively fine but I strongly dislike it. The plothook is not bad and I get that a mystery is supposed to make it all obtuse but WTF?
    Why won't people just FUCKING COMMUNICATE AND CLEAR UP THE MYSTERY?!
    I know, that's basically the stupid time travel, I am you but from the future trope. And it drives me nuts!

The game did not give me the impression that the story was planned in advance given how bloated the entire mystery has gotten.
    Plotlines just seem to happen because... reasons! And it doesn't feel as coherent as it should be to keep my interest or be invested.
    I have little faith that most of the stuff that is set up here will ever pay off in a fully satisfying manner.
    Also when's the inevitable timetravel incest gonna happen? By the amount of action MC gets I'm convinced any of the girls without a father is secretly his daughter.

At their core a lot of the scenes are rather vanilla. Since a lot focus on the slow buildup of a relationship (Scratch that. These women will throw themselves at our MC from the 2nd or 3rd encounter onwards anyways.) level up of the nasties that's kinda expected. However, they are supremely executed with the aid of gorgeous animations and creative and unique scenarios.
    When we get to have a scene with a non-LI the scenes can actually get a lot more interesting and steamy. There's a couple of (really tame) subby and dommy choices, but at the end of the day MC remains the magic cock wielder.

Sound effects well chosen, though the moans are kinda meh. I played without music so no opinion there.

This is definitely worth a play. You can see the care the makers have put into setting the non-sexual scenes with animations and see their talent in creating high quality visuals in general. I think the characters, plot and setting aren't for everyone for the aforementioned reasons.
    If the creators want to give every introduced character a fair shake I expect this game's story to drag and thin out even further. And I think, despite that, it will become (if it isn't already) one of the lasting classics on this site.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

javeon

I don't care if you don't like the model styles, its been putting me off for months too believe me. I kept seeing this game on the trending for so long and after finishing it in 3 nights(around 6-7 hours i would say) i am glad i put it off so long that i didn't get blue balled.
    - No weird huge mommy milkers(except the mommy)
    - No weird body portions except from the kid-like body for 1 character
    - No weird ass morphing which really suprised me with its animations
    Story is nothing special but if you have been putting it off like me you have to give it a shot for it's amazing sets with it's scenes and animations.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Haapy

This is a quality game. The renders of course are great, but there's also an engaging story with varied and interesting characters. It feels very polished and mature.

I highly recommend giving this game a try. If you're anything like me, you won't regret it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

nadish06

tbh this is some of the best shit here, renders are amazing and the writing is pretty damn good even if some of the characters are kinda cliche. theres about 3 hours of content as far as 0.6.0 and its completely worth it.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Raynare69

Ripples [v0.6.0]

Pros:
    + Interesting story concept
    + Choices matter for relationship development
    + Diverse cast of character personalities
    + Good variety of sex situations and scenes
    + Great, well made animations
    + User interface is smooth and well done
    + Good potential for replayability

Cons:
    - Some characters feel a little one-dimensional
    - Emotional connection with characters doesn't feel very deep

Great game overall so far, and one of my top 10 ongoing favorites. I'm looking forward to future updates and seeing how characters and relationships develop going forward, as well as how the main story progresses. Definitely worth checking out and keeping on your radar!

Overall Rating: 8.5/10
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Shadofax

This is one of the Honey select games that is just so awesome to me. I love this game to pieces! Honey select II is my preferred AVN game style, there is so much more variety in character design and actions instead of the constant blow job, doggy, anal route that that 90% of Daz games do imo. Some Daz games are very good but the giant ass giant tit on every girl anal is getting so old to me. Give me a game like this and I'm on for the full ride, even just Honey select I games are excellent with great variety, The Inn, Mystic manor and others.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Sadsapling

Nice AVN with a time-travel plot. I usually walk away from anything remotely related to time travel, but saw the popularity surrounding this one and gave it a shot. For the most part, the plot keeps you intrigued and there's a ton of buildup around WHO the characters really are. Of course, there's plenty of characters to work around and that means more sexual scenes as well. At times, it can feel a little overwhelming with the number of girls who are affectionate towards you, but as of completing update 0.6, it seems only a couple of girls really ever make their moves on you - which is a little disappointing, but makes sense. The vibes of the game are somewhere around 90s movies with lots of feel-good times, whilst sprinkling in lots of mystery to keep you invested. If the story finally gets some payoff in update 0.7 with revealing some character intentions/motivations, the game is a perfect 5/5 to me for the foreseeable future.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Gentle1

Let me be as precices as i possibly can. I am at work right now, and have to leave a comment here. This game was the first VN i played, as i just found them like 2 months ago. And holy f34king shi7 it got me hooked. The charakters are very adorable and you wanna cuddle them all. and give them a kiss. Not even necessarely a naught kiss but one becuase they are so loveable. Thx to the creators of this for getting me hooked on VN's and the untill now BEST Vn i have played. I cannot wait for the next episode.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Couga54

TL;DR: Ok story, one of the best sex scenes in 3D.

While I typically shy away from time-travel narratives, this game manages to craft a surprisingly engaging story. The plot may not be my usual preference, but it's executed well enough to maintain interest. What truly sets this 3D adult game apart is its remarkable depiction of intimate encounters. The meticulously designed sex scenes are unparalleled in the realm of 3D gaming, pushing boundaries and setting a new standard for realism and sensuality. The attention to detail in these moments enhances the overall gaming experience, making it a noteworthy choice for those seeking an immersive and visually stunning adult gaming adventure.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

BigBlob69

Ripples is a good game. You only need to glance at the other reviews left here to realise how fantastic an experience it was for so many players. Its visuals elevate the art style, sometimes looking better than real. It's got an intriguing plot, well written dialogue, distinct characters, polished animations, decent sex scenes, and even good sound design. But I'm not going to labour it's positives; you can read other reviews to see those.

You see, for me, Ripples was not a great game. While playing, I always felt that something was off. It never fully clicked. Why? I think it comes down to the sheer number of love interests. As of the end of chapter 6 there are 20. 20! That’s just too many girls for a player to emotionally connect to. Not all of them receive equal attention, but they all occupy screentime and most have had lewds. To both his credit and his detriment, Jestur has avoided throwing any away as quick fucks never to be seen again; they all receive development, with their personalities, backstories and relationships with the mc all being fleshed out. And they’re all well integrated into the plot.

But every minute with one LI is taken away from the rest. We never get to spend as much time with any one LI as I would have liked, and subsequently I never found myself as connected as I hoped. And the mc doesn’t help; he seems to exclusively care about casual sex, without a thought to dates, flowers or doing anything else to make his girls feel special. When romantic moments occur, they are initiated by the LIs.

So for me, Ripples was not a great game. But it could change into one, if future updates successfully deepen the relationships. And when are we gonna start knocking these babes up? ;)
  13. 5.00 star(s)

HotPockets15

This was my first visual novel. I have tried many other since and I always come back. Amazing characters with unique personalities and kinks. Great work. The only thing that is really missing is voice acting but I know thats not usually a realistic option on low/no budget games.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Cal2

[Reviewed v0.6.0]

This game is a gem -- and despite its first release coming more than 3.5 years ago, it has stood the test of time with beautiful models and an engaging story.

The Good ((y))
    • Diverse, well-realized characters
    • Gorgeous models -- hyper detailed and beautiful (all with Honey Select)
    • Intense, sexy H-scenes with great animations
    • Intriguing, unique sci-fi narrative with real mystery
    • Hours and hours of content
    • Humorous story with a few laugh-out-loud moments
    The Not-So-Good ((n))
    • Despite the good visuals, all the characters look somewhat plastic-y -- not sure if that is a limit of the graphic engine or an intentional aesthetic
    • Slow updates despite a long development timeline
    • Story still feels in the "early stages" despite how long the game has been available for
    • A lot of H-scene content can only be accessed through exploring the "darker" / kink paths
    Overall, an outstanding title with so much care and consideration for the story, art and dialogue.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Luffy85

I really liked this game. I am mostly aiming for the adult content but in Ripples it is a decent one too. Adult content: great characters and great scenes. It is a bit slow paced for my taste. I am looking forward for newxt episodes. Keep up the good work.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Adonis2000

This AVN's plot revolves around the effects of time travel, of which I expect to have a few big surprise reveals related to the MC's actions in the past. (Look out for a very taboo realization in future updates - just speculating.) The characters are interesting and each have a defined personality, but are somewhat simplistic, which I don't mind. The story itself is very entertaining. There is quite a bit of humor and sex. The images/animations are very good, but far from hyper-realistic. Overall, the AVN is absolutely excellent - one of my top 10 all time.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

NyxGalbraith

Hell of a game, which means it is very good. Skylar best love interest. Intriguing story, decent amount of content, good writing, definitely worth your time if you're looking for something new, so go ahead and give it a shot.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Titouille

Gameplay:
    Visual Novel
    Simple linear gameplay. You have a few choices, but they are pretty easy and explicit, meaning you go for a relation or not, without challenge. There is just one choice that will go for a different path currently. There are secrets images to unlock (click for odd elements in scenes) for those who like that.

Story:
    So, there is a mystery science-fiction background that is quite interesting. But there is a lot of school setting an various events happening. And it becomes a bit boring. Things are slow and over detailed. You get the whole panoply of kinks (almost incest, young/old, BDSM, virgin). Everything seems also a bit too "serious" despite being actually quite silly. In short, the writing is not very good, but decent.

Graphics/Animation:
    Graphics are good. Animations are well made. Something is lacking for me. I'd say some artistic touch. It's kind plain.

Sound:
    Decent.

Overall impression:
    I heard about this game early on, and I finally played it. It's highly rated. Yet I wasn't so much into it. 3 stars is a bit harsh, yet it just reflects my experience.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Takkatakka

Okay, this is weird one. This might be the only game on this site I wish it had less sex scenes with less female characters and focus more on the actual story.

While I'm generally not the biggest fan of the basic story premise the game uses, it is executed so well and builds up a mystery you want to see the solution off so effectively, that the numerous, well crafted and animated sex scenes feel like they get into the way of things.

The "problem" with this game is, that there are about 20 potential LIs now in the game, that the MC either already hooked-up with or will pretty much definitely hook-up with at some point. However only a fraction of those characters (at least so far) are actually contributing to the story in a meaningful way.

So without rambling too much: The character models are great and the animations in this game are exceptional. Overall I would probably call it the 2nd best looking HS 1 game I know. Be aware however, that the beginning was remastered. So at some point in the game the graphical quality will drop somewhat and then slowly increase again, specially in terms of lighting.

The soundtrack is good. The sound effects...some of the older ones are a bit weird at times, later they get better and there where even some moans etc. added during the sex scenes.

So overall I think this is probably in my personal Top 5 or 6 of linear VNs and it is well worth playing.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Raptr

From all the top tier VN devs with 6 month cycles this is one of the few ones that come to mind where I really do not mind because the dates are fullfiled and the product delivered is very well worth the wait. Each update is better than the last, but 0.6 raised this game to a whole new level. A very cool story with very cute girls and super hot scenes.
    Top15 for me for sure.