VN - Ren'Py - Ripples [v0.6.0 Public] [Jestur]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Tirgrimm

This Game is awesome! Perfect animations, sounds, dialogues and verry loveable charakters and last but not least a really interesting story. I look forward to future content! sorry for typos english is not my native!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Zoranian

Don't judge a book by it's cover, this may seem like a higher quality honey select game/novel, but it's much more than that.

So visually the models are fantastic, they have that honey select vibe yes but they are extremely detailed and it's obvious that the Dev took their in crafting each and every one of them, they feel very life like with a lot of different expressions and they even change up their clothing and style as the game goes on.

Environments are very well detailed, which is rare in erotic games, each room feels like it's been hand crafted with attention to detail to match the personality of the girl and the protagonist even interacts with the room to get clues on how to interact with the girls and "advance the plot"( in a way that doesn't feel scummy)

Animation-wise it's truly fantastic, i'm not sure how it works but the animation is way beyond your usual cookie-cutter honey select games, with lots of costume animations, the genitalia is also very detailed as well, again very different from your usual erotic game.

Story wise it's great, it's so great that I often just want to ignore all the smut and just see where the plot goes next, I won't spoil anything but the plot just starts like your typical "man in the house" scenario and starts to morph into something different, the title of the game should clue you in I suppose.

Characters the best ones I've seen in any game at all, extremely well written, they are all unique in their own way and they are all fun to watch and engage with, there's a lot of fantastic banter going on especially with Darci(aka bestgirl) and since the MC is not a total dweeb there's lots of funny and interesting back and forth between each characters, and the MC is actually active and not passive with his thoughts and actions which is another thing that is quite different about his game, and I do not mean it only on sexual manners.

Fetishes are on the kinkier side of vanilla, there's so far no dainty impressionable young virgin girl that the MC corrupts but females that are willing to sexually explore stuff with the MC, which is a serious breath of fresh air if you ask me.

The amount of content that it has compared to the time it was developed is truly impressive, Developers like this deserve a lot more support than they are getting.

Give this one of a shot, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
    And if you can't support it on patron please give it a like or review it!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

_Ghostly

Excellent game. It has great music and sound effects (why are there so many games without sound at all?!), an interesting story line to follow & the visuals are really mindblowing, especially the animations and short cinematics. The characters have their own personality and just overall the game feels so much smoother then most VNs on the site.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TougherCookies

If you were to judge this game based solely on the screenshots and genre tags, you may pass over this one as just another generic but nice looking game. If you do happen to take the leap and play this game you may be as pleasantly surprised as I was.

This is not a generic "click and bang" game where you roll from one house to the next banging all of your neighbors and their mothers, clicking or tapping through endless bland dialogue as the MC makes cringe-worthy comments and the women make endless slurping and mewling noises.

No.

What you will find in this game is a nicely paced, interesting, story. When I say story, I mean story. This is not an "MC's Mom moved away and now they have freedom to bang" sort of game. This has a developed, more linear, story with interesting characters who have some proper character development.

The dialogue is often humorous, it is concise, straight-forward and rarely, if at all, does it make you feel the need to click through to "get to the good part".

The visuals are outstanding. The renders are beautiful, and the animations even more so. During most of the scene animations there is often actual camera movement like pans, zooms, and tilts which is something I have not seen done so well in any other game and it may surprise you like it did myself. It really is a visually beautiful game.

If you have been disappointed with most VN games due to poor writing or excessive bland dialogue, as I have, and have been looking for something that has an actual story that progresses in a meaningful way then this may fill that void.

I highly recommend Ripples and am very much looking forward to the next chapter.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Danathor

I have played quite a few VN's now. But this one really tops them all.The animations, the story, the characters and what really tops it all are the conversations between Darci and MC. I almost peed myself laughing.
    Keep up the good work and please don't stop.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Obanama

This deserves a 11/10 because holy sh*t!

Quality is on another level, animations are smoother than butter and all the important elements like pacing and writing is definitely good enough for me to immerse myself and enjoy it the whole way through. I even laughed out loud a couple of times and will be recommending this to others.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Moonywb

Fantastic story telling and art! It keeps you wanting to go on and find out what is happening. The relationships being built have me going back and forth who I’m rooting the MC ends up with, as well. Got my subscription!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

CSLysander

One of the more inventive games I have played in a long time. This is one of the games that I tell people about and that is a small number of games. The graphics are good, the story is excellent, and the overall is amazing. This has many positives.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

Cedo0099

I read all the reviews and i'm pretty concerned about my taste... This game is average for me and i'm only a little minority to think that of this game.

I explain myself!

Ok technically this game is great. Great models, some good sound, nice music and all. So why this game has not 5 stars ?

Easy to answer:

No build up, simple harem collection for the first hour, quite boring and dull.

There is apparently a story but it was clearly secondary for this game.

I don't get it why do you want to waste a such good game technically with an avalanche of sex scenes as quick as you can imagine.

Hey i'm not against sex scene that's not the issue here! I just want more impactful choices other than "Bang her or not", don't want a game full of sluts in heat.

I get it why people are forgetting those "details" when you see the quality of everything. But for me it's just not my thing.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Gejj

Easily one of the best games I've played here. HQ renders, and the aimations really nicely done,. Some dynamic camera angles make you feel like this game is more of a "next-gen" game compared to others. The story is surprising interesting, and I feel the balance between story/dialog and sex scenes is perfect; there is never too long of a lull between scenes. Love this game, can't wait for future updates.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

cheesecakedelight

I always preferred harem hotel when it came to the indie adult VN that F95 praised, mostly because I enjoyed the cast and sex scenes but always felt that the storyline itself was pretty weak or just took too long to get attached to (save for Ashley's route, that hit like a truck). Considering Harem Hotel was what I found after the riveting story of Nanairo Reincarnation, I thought I wasn't going to find another Adult VN with an interesting story for a while.

Then I found Waifu Academy which hooked me in in the first 5 minutes...... and then I read the dialogue and just found the characters too tropey and memish to like. This further reinforced what I thought about Adult VNs.

Until I found this VN had an interesting story, fun (ish, this is my first 1 hour in) characters that weren't annoying, and competent animations. I believe that Ripples is currently a great balance between good storytelling and sex scenes. So far not Nanairo Reincarnation level, but I'm enjoying the suspense.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Cleopatra

the animations are what really make this game so fucking good, and stand out above other games..

also the models are damn sexy. skylar/darci are amazing.

story vs lewd balance is good, some pretty hot scenes even early on.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

DigitalBlasphemer

The animations are really fucking nice. There's a whole slew of different women with different body types to enjoy as well. On top of all that, the story is fun. I'm going to enjoy keeping up with this one if this is how it starts out.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

jimmyjoo

Great characters, writing, and scene orchestration! The only feedback is that the girls are just a bit too anxious for MC's dick, but I guess that comes with the territory. Overall can't recommend this one enough!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

Awesome game. Interesting narrative; fun, attractive and engaging characters; beautiful looking; great animations; hilarious scenes and most importantly tremendous sex. One of the absolute best looking Honey Select games out there and a game everyone should play
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Licky Slime

This game is one of the highest quality games I ever played that were made in Honey select, the graphics are beautiful, and the animations are out of this world, superb even I would say.

The game has a really intricate story, at first seems like a typical game during the seconds of the game, typical plot MC lost his father and is surrounded by women but is far away from that, while we play the game we get immersed in a really well construct plot based in time travel, which is not the easiest thing to do with this kind of plot, even more for a Dev like Jestur being this is first ever made game and with not much experience in constructing dialogues, so we can see a great effort in writing such an amazing plot and avoiding any possible plot holes till now.

In this game we play as a not so perfect MC, which is not typical in this kind of games, he has not much experience with women but we can see is growth while we play and that for me is one of the things that makes it feel more real, and I assure you every lewd scene in the game is just really hot and breath taking :sneaky:, MC has struggles and every decision we do has some sort of consequence some we can see immediately other we still have to wait to know how it will affect the plot this alone makes the game really unique in my opinion.

Relatively to the girls every one of them is unique and has a well-constructed background, and as it is now we still don't know everything of all of them but it makes really interesting that we are learning with the MC about each girl, besides it's impossible to deny how cute sexy and gorgeous they are, especially Skylar, my favourite of them all, she is such a great character seems so strong on the outside but she has a though background that makes her not so though on the inside I really can't wait to keep playing and see how her plot and all the story will develop each chapter only keeps getting better and Jestur’s skills are without doubting improving by leaps and bounds.

If you did not try the game, I strongly recommend you play it and if you by chance play just a bit and thought is a common story, well I think you should give another try just to see how amazing the game is.

With all this said I cannot thank Jestur enough for making this amazing game and I can’t wait to keep playing such an intriguing story.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

GopnikDude

This game has a quality and a genuine attention to details is very rare in the Lewd game genre. I know this may seem like a big boring wall of text, but trust me, every single thing i'm saying here is pertinent and what i would consider useful feedback for the dev Jestur.

The good:

The characters are all very well-made. Good, solid dialogue, realistic and logical reactions and answers. The characters themselves look fantastic, being both sexy, attractive and having distinct features that make them easy to recognize.

Excellent use of body poses and facial expressions, you can easily read the emotions of the characters just by looking at them. And there is more than enough variation in frames and poses so you don't just see the same basic expressions throughout the game, making the characters feel much more genuine and alive.

Well above average in sound design. I have to admit, i still played through the game on mute, but i played the entire first episode with sounds and it was definitely enjoyable. And i will not detract points for a personal taste i made, so as far as i know, the game is A+ on this aspect.

Graphically, the game is well beyond average as well. While the game does use Honey Select characters, it's clear efforts have been made to use original characters, assets and animations instead of the usual default ones we see that are included in the Honey Select games. This requires a lot of extra effort but paid off in this aspect since the game feel much more genuine and original due to this. Combined with a custom environment and a simple, yet nice-looking renders, this game is a joy visually.

The lewd scenes are pretty fantastic, with actually well-made custom animations, with proper paces and poses. The scenes are usually composed of multiples shots, angles and positions, giving you plenty of fun stuff to see and enjoy.

The bad:

The game, in my opinion, suffer from two major issues and a more minor one.

The first major issue is the choice mechanic. It's basically the same "Pick the right choices or get nothing" type that i dislike due to it's design fallacies. Due to the type of choice mechanic, you are forced to pick the right choices in order to gain relationship/love points, which defeat the purpose of having a choice mechanic since the different choices are usually met with failure instead of alternatives scenes or routes and such.

This system also create a secondary issue where the walkthough is ***necessary*** in order to progress the game and get the juicy scenes. I was able to skip that with a walkthrough mod, but i shouldn't have to use one to enjoy the game.

I get it. It's a very simple system to make and maintain, but you will always be limited for it's uses and purpose.

The second major issue is more of a concern, but still critical: the method for producing the content is what i call "Direct Rendering Composition". Basically, every character is integrated and posed in the 3D environment directly. It's a high-quality and immersive method, but also very time-consuming and require MANY micro adjustments in the long run. This severely limit both the number of updates AND the amount of content per update you can make in a given time.

Due to this, i can already see that this game will require years and years to complete, depending on how long the story is intended to be. So it's gonna take a long while before we get the juicy family stuff i was here to enjoy.

Finally, the last minor issue is the amount of dialogue. You always need to find a good gray zone in between "A few phrases then fuck" and "How to say good morning in 5 separate volumes", but i felt the game could have shaved away quite a bit of unnecessary dialogue in order to make the story more digestible.

That being said, i suspect it's more due to my own personal taste rather than being a tangible issue. But it's good to know either way.

Despite these issues, i have to give a 5 stars simply because i can see the genuine skill and talent behind this VN, as well as the amount of efforts to make the story original. I'm hopeful that this project goes well and wish the best to Jestur.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Beavershot

Excellent writing, amazing storyline. I'll be honest, of all the stories and novels and the like I've read, it is hard to get a solid reaction out of me. But, bloody hell, wonderful story that draws you in, get you hot and bothered, only to drop the mic with a chilling and rather creepy unexpected end of 3.5...

I seriously look forward to more of this outstanding writing.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

JokerSF

By far, the best game I've played on F95. Great story. Beautiful and realistic people. Real people, not the over sized tits and ass. Each character is distinctly different with their own backstory and personality. Hands down the best and most realistic animations of any game on here. Great job so far! Keep up the good work. I love forward to the updates.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Construct

Review for version Ep. 3 Part 1
    Contains slight story spoilers.

This is a real gem of a VN. To me it feels like this is bringing a breeze of fresh air into a dusty VN era. My only complaint would be that the inner monologue is sometimes a bit longwinded.
    But everything else makes more than up for it. Story-wise some may say it‘s not the most original with a time travel theme, but it is excellently delivered in my opinion. Meeting younger versions of characters and then seeing what happened to them and what they look like now feels great to me.
    This is also one of two VNs where I keep music and sound on, because it‘s just so well done. Music is appropriate for the situation while the sound effects are on point to what is happening in the scene. Lewd sounds during sex scenes is something I didn‘t expect and what positively surprised me.
    But what shocked me the most were the animations. This does not contain simple camera panning from the bottom up when a new character comes into view, which I skip because I feel it just steals my time. In this VN you actually want to let every animation play out to the very end. Starting at a simple thing like a character rolling up to you on a skateboard and reaching it‘s peak when you realize that the sex scenes aren‘t simple standard loops of one movement, but actually customized animations, sprinkled with little additional movements which make everything more natural and way less mechanic.
    Add to this a nicely flowing story where you spend time with many enjoyable characters with interesting backstories and funny dialogue, you really get a masterpiece.
    In my opinion this sets a new standard for VNs and I hope in the future we will see much more content of this quality.