VN - Ren'Py - Ripples [v0.6.0 Public] [Jestur]

1. 5.00 star(s)

MentallyRIP

Great idea and execution. Some dialogues are a little boring, but I give 5 stars in advance, in anticipation of new episodes. It is a pity that there is no Russian version on the site, I had to download it elsewhere.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

PrivilegedCholo

Ripples isn't just any game, it is the pinnacle of Honey Select games, crafted to such a degree with these impeccable models straight out of a highschool photoshoot.

The content isn't lacking as well, its has about 6-8 hours of playtime an amazing feat by VN standards. Most AA games can't even hit this benchmark. A true milestone and to be very honest it has cost me my relationship with my ex girlfriend of 3 years, she was just getting older and more fights started to happen over the fact that she feels inferior to these younger models.

Its absolutely not Darci's fault, that is unfair to her and completely out of line of my ex to be taking it out over some petty jealously fueled rant about how this is just a game.

Its more than that. Someone sat down and crafted this majestic piece of art for all us misunderstood individuals who love the look of minors. Plenty of normies complain about honey select games but I say there's not enough! Thats like complaining about a wooden whistle that someone painstakinly crafted with love because there area so many whistles already.

WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Unpiloted Zeppelin

This reminds me of MIST in in that it's very high quality, though it's different mechanically. Dialog especially can be a little contrived at times, but generally for good reasons. An interesting story; looking forward to seeing what newer episodes have in store!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

RikiTikiTavi77

This is one of the very best games of this kind. Top 5 easy. Everything about it is amazing including the story. Closest thing you can get to art... given you want to get off to the amazing girls in the game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

DoOver

Playing through v0.4.6 and I'm on chapter 4 in the story...

This is officially in my top 10 favorite VNs!

• MODELS 4.5/5 = I love that we get a variety of tits & ass sizes. The reason this is not a full 5, is the faces are too similar (same face shape just different haircut) and all the same Caucasian looking race. Feels like a lost opportunity for actual variety other than hair color/style and T&A.
    • STORY & WRITING 4/5 = The character thoughts and dialogue all are good. I just finished playing two other games that I was skipping the story/relationship talking parts because it was repetitious and boring. Here I've been playing for 6+hrs not done yet because I'm reading everything and NOT bored. We also get some humor and a sci-fi flavored story too.
    • EROTIC and FAP CONTENT 5/5 = many of the games on this site are fab worthy, but this one also adds in some great eroticism versus jump straight from kissing to filling every hole type of scenes. A great use of kissing to build eroticism. And the sex scenes often last longer than 5 seconds, which I appreciate.
    • ANIMATIONS 5/5 = great use of even subtle grinding of a girl against the MC or even the character's breathing. Animations are top notch here.
    OVERALL:
    Nothing I don't like about this VN other than part of the story being less than original (Back-to-the-Futuresque scenes with MC meeting his younger family members).

Worth supporting the Dev, imo. I cannot wait to finish current version and then immediately grab the next update when it comes out. This is one of those examples that other Devs should hold their work too.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

-Yor-0728

I had high expectations for this game, mainly because I like the modeling/design of the characters, but after playing it, apart from the characters, I found its story very interesting.

What I like most about 18+ games, apart from the explicit content, is their plot and although this story is not entirely original (I played a game with a similar plot to this one, although this one has more 18+ content), the development I think the plot is very good, especially as the protagonist's interpersonal relationships evolve with most of the characters. So it is a game to enjoy the +18 and enjoy a very interesting story.

What strikes me the most, as the game progresses, is that (in my point of view) you can have or develop relationships with most of the female characters that appear, or at least that's what it seems to me. Because, the female character that appears, shows you your statistics in terms of the interpersonal relationship with her. So you will be able to enjoy your "time" with many waifus that the game brings and the best of all, each female character has a different personality and story from each other, so it will not be just seeing the same +18 scene with simply a change in the skin of the female characters, since each one has a different context from each other.

At first the story seems very normal to you, but then as the first part of the game unfolds, the game has a very interesting twist, which at least in my opinion, will cause you to continue playing to find out how the story develops.

Summary:

o Character Design/Visual: 5/5
    o Background music/sound: 5/5
    o Plot: 4.5/5 (Good plot, although I feel that there are some details that do not fit in the development of the story)
    o Animation: 5/5 (EXCELLENT animations.)
    o +18 Scenes: 4.5/5 (AT THE BEGINNING there are some erotic scenes and as the story progresses the scenes become more spicy, however there are some scenes that I do not see a solid context of why they develop)
    o Gameplay: 5/5 (a visual novel, which allows you to make decisions that DO matter throughout the game and not just for the scene.)
    Interface: 5/5

In the end, (y) (y) it is a very good game(y)(y), I am looking forward to its updates, it is one of the few games of this type that really hooks you and it is not just the typical "Sex, Sex... poor story". It really is very enjoyable. I can only hope that they continue to develop the story correctly (Although there are situations where the context of things is a bit forced, but they are minuscule details) and hopefully, that there will be a harem ending, with all the female protagonists that present. I recommend you play it, have fun and enjoy all the moments that this story presents us

7. 5.00 star(s)

Trakzer

I loved the game and my only complaint is that it lacks Lizzie content, I felt in love with her instantly. She's the best looking by far, her personality is pure bliss and being lesbic would be the cherry of the cake if the mc wasn't a man.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

KekWGgWP

I saw this game on the trending page many times whenever i searched good games to play but i never tried to play it because it has japanese-anime style renders which isn't my thing.
    But i decided to play it out now of curiosity to see why is it rated so high since it's considered a quality game, and damn i was so wrong.
    First i want to settle one thing before starting to rate the game, this isn't a hate review or anything it's purely my experience and view after i played this game.

Now that it's clear, i will start to talk first about writing and dialogue, it's extremely cringe and so mediocre that it hurts my entire soul when i tried to read, i had to skip entire dialogues because i literally couldn't continue to read without cringing every single word.
    Especially those lines that Tiffany is saying when she is looking into the mirror and touching herself, like what the hell is that anyway? is it supposed be funny and comical? because it's like a 13 years old horny kid who watches too many hentai has written that dialogue, seriously, it's terrible.

When it comes to characters however, is the typical writting method for every fap material we all saw, every single female character is horny all the time and MC is the ultimate Gary Stew womanizer with a penis who is ready to satisfy all of them.
    Literally all female characters are drooling after MC like he is the single male from Earth and they wet themselves instantly when they see him.
    There are many scenes that don't make sense like Krystal who shows her panties during the class and for some reason no one noticed it besides MC and that Brad guy even though there are a dozen other students in the classroom, like i understand already that she is very horny and wants to get holed by MC like all the girls.
    I could write entire pages about how bad written characters are but the reviews is getting way too long anyway.

The story of the game is very ordinary, a guy who lives with his mother/landlady and best friend/sister or whatever, we all seen that already, you just thrown out MC's father death mystery out there to make it more interesting but it feels very out of place, especially the whole time machine stuff or whatever that machine is.
    It just that every idea doesn't connect with the story and the narrative line feels so forced that doesn't make any sense.
    The choices the player is making doesn't seem to have any actual impact, is like all of the choices are the same but worded differently.

Overall this is pretty much the review of the game, is not even close to finish but like i said, it would take a lot and it will be too long to write about every bad thing in this game, for a fap game material it's ok, but for someone who wants to play an adult VN with good story and good written characters, it's very very bad and i don't recommend it at all.
    I can't understand why is this on trending number 1 page because i didn't enjoyed playing it at all.

Regardless i wish you luck with the game even though it isn't for my taste.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2299676

This is one of the best games IMO. Incredible story, with nice graphics and characters with good background and personality.
    It is also worth mentioning that the selection of sounds makes it very pleasant to play. I am looking forward to what will come next. Well done sir, you deserve 5 stars
  10. 5.00 star(s)

TwistedFate074

I have played a lot of Honey Select 2 and thats why I was like why the girls' designe look so familiar. Speaking of design they are very pretty and cute. especially skylar, darci, krystal, lady boss. The story is also awesome and looking pretty well. I also enjoyed the animations and anime/pop culture references. Good Luck!
    One thing is that maybe make the mature ladies look a bit more mature skin wise maybe. Also there should be consequences of going a certain path or hooking up with a specific girl. Maybe make the deviant system more fleshed out which makes the MC more dominating and controlling and regular path where he is normal and loving.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

incog44

This game is a completely underrated gem. I'm not a huge fan of Honey Select games but this is definitely the exception.

The writing is superb, and the animations and renders are great. The STORY though is what absolutely carries this.

You deserve more praise than you're getting. This is the best HS game on here, possibly even one of the best games in general. Keep at it!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

HairyTerry

Loving the story so far. Graphic style took a little time to get used to but I came around to it. The scenes are fantastic and the small added sound effects are great. This game does suffer from the same thing that a lot of others games do, where every single female character is into you. I'm slightly worried about development going forward, there seem to be a ton of branches.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Arctosa

First, I don't usually read any plot before the game is finished, so I can't rate that part.
    What I can rate however, is the rest.
    Personally I don't really see the difference between the old and new version, I don't exactly have the best memory tbh, but let's face it, the game looks GOOD.
    The shader is crisp, clean,bright, the animations are smooth as a baby seal's skin.
    Perhaps my only concern is that the girls lack visual heavy distinction, but they still look quite nice.
    I have followed this game since its early release and will continue to do so.

The dev knows its stuff and I'm fairly confident about the continuity.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Impenitent

Version 0.4.6

Fantastic game, instantly shot into my top ten. I've ignored this game for a long time because I'm not usually a big Honey Select fan, but I'm glad I finally played it. It will be hard to choose between the LI's--they are all beautiful and my scenes with each have made me want to choose all of them. And I'm really invested in the story--I was sooo disappointed when this version ended because I want to know what happens next. :)

Great work, Dev!
  15. 5.00 star(s)

YesmanYes9999

Still though one of if not the best games on here. The animation and detail is amazing, the choices and how they affect the playthrough give this a solid amount of play time across multiple saves. The things you find, if you look hard enough, are rewarding and worth the time. bsolutely gorgeous, all the characters feel alive and are very lovable.
    The sex scenes are very well made and beautiful. I wish the mc was not pink.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

elboWarrior

Version: v0.4.6

Pros:
    • Nice renders with a variety of body types for the girls. This is really enjoyable for me as the cast is varied in character and in physique.
    • Well-written sex scenes. The fetishes are interesting, you can decide the way you character reacts and where to lead the sex scene. That's really one of the strongest point of this adult game.
    • Quite lengthy, I would say 6-8h hours if you do it all in one go ? Maybe more, I'm bad at judging this since I play in multiple runs.
    • The game starts really strong. The story is interesting at first, you get a nice time-travel mystery...
    Cons:
    • ... and it quickly devolves into another slice-of-life where you explore each girl's path and get to know her life. That is not a negative if you're the kind of player that enjoys mindless slice-of-life. It just turned me off the story and I started skipping all text. You will see this shift right after you come back from the past. That's where it started going down hill for me.
    • Lot of player choice that doesn't feel like it impacts the story, but at least you can "sort-of" choose how you react
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Truly an amazing game, great graphics and interesting story. And great animations too. Girl's models are polished well and thir personality is also great. All the girls are fun. Darci, Skylar, Krystal, Alyssa, Daphne. Darci is absolute fun Skylar too. Alyssa shyness makes her more cute. Krystal's transition makes her more beautiful. And I'm glad that shelbyis not a bitch like she acts. All the girls with that act like bitch are not actually bitch. I'm waiting for her content. She is the only that didn't fall for MC. Hoping Mc will get to know her more better and solve her problems. I like romance, so hoping there will be a nice romace with her

+ Graphics
    + Models
    + Animations
    + Sound
    +Humor
    + Romance

Dev or mods please add humor tag, so many players can filter this game through humor tag
  18. 5.00 star(s)

dumbo10

As per 0.4.6

Gotta say after playing this i want to revise some of my previous game review because how this game amazed me and top em all. This game easily rose to my top 3 adult VN, a premise i usually wasnt sure enough and start humble like top 5 or top 10 but not for this one. Something amazed me the most is how balance each aspect of the game, a greatness you could only found nowadays in handful title only. This game definitely worth pledged, even worth more than more famous game that got more patrons and make like 15 grand a month that rely mostly on its arts but kinda sucks in every other aspect.

Story 9/10
    The story is captivating, time travel themed, my cup of tea. The bonding with each woman is ok, I was worried because there are quite lots of woman introduced and there werent that much encounter with each woman, but to my surprised its fine. Its not really focusing on the conquest of being womanizer, its not tagged harem game afterall so being a harem master is probaby not the main goal, but instead it dig on the main story so much and each encounter with each woman is meaningful. Theres some jokes and funny character to keep me attached. I would give this a 10/10 if theres more funny lines and situation to the level of my other favorite VN game. Also the game might benefit from spicier sexual scene narrative, lines that make moments during sexual scene even more spicy. The dirty talk is fine as is, its more like narrate the mc thought more extensively, embracing every small detail during the scene, narrate whats happening in detail or how amazing the details are during that sexual moment. The timeline of events is quite congested that in a single day lots of events happened or in other words the mc is very busy guy. its kinda bit dreamy to have so many events happened in a single day, sometimes in limited hour mentioned like when its said mc had 1 hour before back to 2019 but he was hungry and try to get some food and instead involved in so many events that theres no way it took him only 1 hour even with the unplanned stuff like getting captured and the masked guy mentioned he was late by seemingly not that much. But perhaps its related to the timeline of events that dev made it that way and it doesnt really bother me that much anyway since there are plenty of woman to encounter so it only make sense that the mc will be very busy.

Arts 9/10
    Arts sure is polished, and i read it was even remastered, well done dev. The model depict personality very well, and the settings are nicely done. There might be overused facial design, but personally i dont really mind as its like nature of this arts style. The animation is also great, not only during sexual scenes but also another moment like intros of episodes and events. What kept me from giving full mark is the game couldve been better with more dramatic climax moment emphasizing, like if a woman get pie than it will be more dramatic if during climax the game highlighting the moment more extensively like zooming the slow motion moments of that part of area, zooming into the woman exaggerated ahegao expression, and more. with that implemented this aspect would be a 10/10 for me.

Adult Content 8/10
    as per this version the game offer enough content that shall not left any players with blueball. There are plenty of kinks involved and i wish to see it unlock more tags in the future. The pacing is also balanced, there are nympho that gave you full intercourse rightaway but there also those who play hard to get that gave nice tease, steady normal pacing, and sense of conquest. What worried me is there are quite lots of woman introduced and with it i wish each woman will have its moment with mc equally, equally whether as main interest or as side interest, because with more woman its harder to keep it fair, to give each of them enough spotlight, enough scene time. I hope its still a long journey that each women will have its moment to shine.

UI 8/10
    The UI is clean and neat. The extra UI element: phone is actively used for events like accepting text. Its fine as is, although it can provide more immersive experience by implement it as fully interactive feature so instead of getting option whose text to read and reply in choices method it couldve work like an actual phone that show notification, storing some previous message and such. There definitely could be more expansion to what this feature can do like personal gallery of each woman and more. The mini game of mokia phone is also nice touch.

Sound 9/10
    This one is amazing. The soundtracks are fitting the moments perfectly. I rarely give hi mark on this one because most games even recent one that had more patrons and crazily funded didnt do well in this aspect, but ripples does it pretty well. It may not have the level of some voice acting of couple lines like other famous game i played, but the sexual sfx and voice acting truly deserve a praise. I didnt give it a full mark because i feel something is missing from the sexual scene sfx which is the final climax sfx thats missing where scenes end rather quietly in mc side. No, i didnt expect mc to moan, I know theres no really spurt sound irl sexual scene, perhaps an asmr, but if you put yourself in mc shoes, imagining that it is your body, to me that sound resonate and gives such an immersive experience.

Overall great game, definitely a must play and totally recommended. Hopefully the game will get more spotlight, patron and funds, as well as devs keep continue improve the game like the remastered and also steady update. If anyone read this and have extra cash around and love adult VN, kindly pledge for these awesome team, its worthed.

cheers~
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Cutecousin

I played a ton of VNs but this game is, hands down, one on the best games one the site (in my top 3).

The renders and animations are very high quality, there is some voice acting (moans) and the story is really interesting. There is is also domination if you’re into it, and if not, it’s avoidable.

Relationships do move kinda fast, but it suits the game well. Trying it out is a must.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Docpowell30

This game draws you right in with it's amazing renders and quality character development. Then once your interested it keeps you hooked with a truly engaging story. Very well done - I cant wait for the next release!!!