VN - Ren'Py - Ripples [v0.7.0 BETA] [Jestur]

1. 5.00 star(s)

dumbo10

As per 0.4.6

Gotta say after playing this i want to revise some of my previous game review because how this game amazed me and top em all. This game easily rose to my top 3 adult VN, a premise i usually wasnt sure enough and start humble like top 5 or top 10 but not for this one. Something amazed me the most is how balance each aspect of the game, a greatness you could only found nowadays in handful title only. This game definitely worth pledged, even worth more than more famous game that got more patrons and make like 15 grand a month that rely mostly on its arts but kinda sucks in every other aspect.

Story 9/10
    The story is captivating, time travel themed, my cup of tea. The bonding with each woman is ok, I was worried because there are quite lots of woman introduced and there werent that much encounter with each woman, but to my surprised its fine. Its not really focusing on the conquest of being womanizer, its not tagged harem game afterall so being a harem master is probaby not the main goal, but instead it dig on the main story so much and each encounter with each woman is meaningful. Theres some jokes and funny character to keep me attached. I would give this a 10/10 if theres more funny lines and situation to the level of my other favorite VN game. Also the game might benefit from spicier sexual scene narrative, lines that make moments during sexual scene even more spicy. The dirty talk is fine as is, its more like narrate the mc thought more extensively, embracing every small detail during the scene, narrate whats happening in detail or how amazing the details are during that sexual moment. The timeline of events is quite congested that in a single day lots of events happened or in other words the mc is very busy guy. its kinda bit dreamy to have so many events happened in a single day, sometimes in limited hour mentioned like when its said mc had 1 hour before back to 2019 but he was hungry and try to get some food and instead involved in so many events that theres no way it took him only 1 hour even with the unplanned stuff like getting captured and the masked guy mentioned he was late by seemingly not that much. But perhaps its related to the timeline of events that dev made it that way and it doesnt really bother me that much anyway since there are plenty of woman to encounter so it only make sense that the mc will be very busy.

Arts 9/10
    Arts sure is polished, and i read it was even remastered, well done dev. The model depict personality very well, and the settings are nicely done. There might be overused facial design, but personally i dont really mind as its like nature of this arts style. The animation is also great, not only during sexual scenes but also another moment like intros of episodes and events. What kept me from giving full mark is the game couldve been better with more dramatic climax moment emphasizing, like if a woman get pie than it will be more dramatic if during climax the game highlighting the moment more extensively like zooming the slow motion moments of that part of area, zooming into the woman exaggerated ahegao expression, and more. with that implemented this aspect would be a 10/10 for me.

Adult Content 8/10
    as per this version the game offer enough content that shall not left any players with blueball. There are plenty of kinks involved and i wish to see it unlock more tags in the future. The pacing is also balanced, there are nympho that gave you full intercourse rightaway but there also those who play hard to get that gave nice tease, steady normal pacing, and sense of conquest. What worried me is there are quite lots of woman introduced and with it i wish each woman will have its moment with mc equally, equally whether as main interest or as side interest, because with more woman its harder to keep it fair, to give each of them enough spotlight, enough scene time. I hope its still a long journey that each women will have its moment to shine.

UI 8/10
    The UI is clean and neat. The extra UI element: phone is actively used for events like accepting text. Its fine as is, although it can provide more immersive experience by implement it as fully interactive feature so instead of getting option whose text to read and reply in choices method it couldve work like an actual phone that show notification, storing some previous message and such. There definitely could be more expansion to what this feature can do like personal gallery of each woman and more. The mini game of mokia phone is also nice touch.

Sound 9/10
    This one is amazing. The soundtracks are fitting the moments perfectly. I rarely give hi mark on this one because most games even recent one that had more patrons and crazily funded didnt do well in this aspect, but ripples does it pretty well. It may not have the level of some voice acting of couple lines like other famous game i played, but the sexual sfx and voice acting truly deserve a praise. I didnt give it a full mark because i feel something is missing from the sexual scene sfx which is the final climax sfx thats missing where scenes end rather quietly in mc side. No, i didnt expect mc to moan, I know theres no really spurt sound irl sexual scene, perhaps an asmr, but if you put yourself in mc shoes, imagining that it is your body, to me that sound resonate and gives such an immersive experience.

Overall great game, definitely a must play and totally recommended. Hopefully the game will get more spotlight, patron and funds, as well as devs keep continue improve the game like the remastered and also steady update. If anyone read this and have extra cash around and love adult VN, kindly pledge for these awesome team, its worthed.

cheers~
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Cutecousin

I played a ton of VNs but this game is, hands down, one on the best games one the site (in my top 3).

The renders and animations are very high quality, there is some voice acting (moans) and the story is really interesting. There is is also domination if you’re into it, and if not, it’s avoidable.

Relationships do move kinda fast, but it suits the game well. Trying it out is a must.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Docpowell30

This game draws you right in with it's amazing renders and quality character development. Then once your interested it keeps you hooked with a truly engaging story. Very well done - I cant wait for the next release!!!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ezvr96

Top tier game. Lots of likeable and engaging characters, and plenty of appealing scenes. As of 0.4.6 there is quite a bit of content and a fun story which has lots of room left to continue. This doesn't currently have a harem tag but there doesn't appear to be any down side to having relations with all the options.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Clonephaze

This is the first time I've reviewed a game I've played; it was AMAZING. The animations are gorgeous and so fucking sexy. The story is fun, and I found myself actually laughing out loud a LOT throughout the story so far. Very good game that's more than worth everyone's time.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

unocardgame

This is one of the best games I've tried on f95zone not only does it have great sex scenes but the story itself had me on the edge of my chair wanting more. Ha i have so many questions... need to wait. Ill be watching for new content so i can get my story fix.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Ted-E.

Excellent writings, superb graphics, such memorable characters and interactions to the point that I can even name the whole cast from the top of my head a week after finishing what's in the game so far. If you guys can keep up this height of a quality to the endgame, the game will be a certified masterpiece for sure, no pressure tho, good luck to everyone involved with creating this and good fucking job guys! Thank you. ;)
  8. 5.00 star(s)

theickobicko

Just finished episode 1.
    This is some high quality shit right there! The game is fantastic, the story seems really cool. Characters are interesting and different from one another.
    The choices in the game (at least at the start) are kind of obvious, but i personally don't mind that, especially when the story and writing is good.
    The graphics are good, it's kind of stylised but with good details, like sweatdrops and things like that. A very good amount of animations and with good quality as well, not some choppy slideshow. Also the H scenes are quite sexy, the sexy talk is also quite arousing, something most authors can't quite hit in their games from what i have experienced.
    Generally i'm impressed. I will put this, quality wise, alongside games like Ethernum and Once in a Livetime.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

gorthak

I had a great time with this one. The animations and renders are great and the story/mystery has me hooked enough to find out more. Couldn't ask for much more than that. Thanks for all the hard work that went into this <3
  10. 5.00 star(s)

cdngtr

A compelling and "Dark" story (if you know then you know), very great CG, good writing overall, and feels both passionate and polished. Will be supporting this project on patreon and following its development!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Jedi_Ninja81

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's got a captivating story, some of the dialog/scene are funny, choices actually matter, and the characters are fully fleshed out with interesting backstories and personalities. I definitely am looking for to future installments and updates from this game, I can't wait until the story is fully complete.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

eightypercent

v0.4.6

Got to say I don't generally like harems or Honey Select... but then there is RIPPLES which blows my mind in so many fabulous ways. There's the story; and it's a great story, but it's also funny, intelligently written with often mesmorizing character development. Did I say that it's very funny? And cute, slightly kinky and very sexy.

Seriously, the story is great and excellently paced, and works best in total harem mode. The ever present music is generally, at least, fit for purpose and often adds to the engaging atmosphere. The characters are portrayed in a fairly polarized manner, but portrayed excellently and you [well, I did] feel you get to know each one more as the story progresses in a convincing manner. The humour is omni-present, varying from character to character, but also includes some narratives that are comedy genius, again in my eyes.

I cannot recommend RIPPLES enough, and much kudos to Jestur for everything, especially the cute women, the great scenarios and, oopsie, the memorable one liners. RIPPLES is fabulous!

EDIT... the carpet from the Video Game Hall was a mouth-watering (and from memory, fairly smelly) detail to be treasured!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

mdpk00

Very nice animations, good story, good characters, and interesting setting. The story goes to places many games have tried but failed at, this one succeeds. I recommend without reservations, and I hope it'll be succesful enough to be completed by the dev.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

jackyusey45

Pretty nice dialogues and expresions of the char, i fckng hate when the char have souless eyes or creepy expressions that destroys the story,
    And think that every player that put their hands in the game can say that the devlp apreciate the game
  15. 4.00 star(s)

LeBarbierDeSeville

Storyline is great. Sets & scenery are great. Lighting & posing are great. Animation & renders are great.

The only flaw I can find with the game is the models. They all look exactly the same, but for their outfits and hairstyles. So much so, that if I don't look at the name labels, I get confused who the character is. If the models were given the same amount of detail as the rest of the game, I'd give it 5 star rating.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

TastyWheat

I really loved the humor and story line almost as much as the girls and the sex. The choices affect the long game and the chance to have sex with the girls, but somewhere down the road thing might get a little complicated. Out of all the games I've played, this the only one I've ever supported, just because I want to know how it concludes and I've watched the developer actual keep schedule and promises.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

dance

The best VN I've played through in more than 4 years, hands down the best.
    There's a characteristic to every character's dialogue which feel real and the plot is amazing and the animations and visuals are lovely. Excited to see how it goes forward, and I hope the updates are frequent with good content in the future as well. Kudos!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Lamperouge94

You love time travel. The pretty girls and a bit of madness. This game is made for you.
    Nice and smooth animations. A story where we wonder if our actions will have consequences on the present time or if all this is premeditated from the beginning.
    A game that deserves to be discovered.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

I have to be honest, the first picture of this game (the girl with the banana in her mouth) made me think it was a very experimental game, which I am not into.

But given the high rating and the description of the game, I gave it a chance. The game (ep1 remastered) has surprised me in the positive sense. The characters in the game look good and the story is interesting. It doesn't go as in-depth as other games but in-depth enough so that it doesn't become boring. The characters in the game itself are very interesting, unique personalities which is very important in my opinion. The animations are also very good. All in all, I cannot give it less than five stars.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Fjord22

I downloaded this completely on a whim and I think it's a top 3 game for me, I love the characters! The interactions with Darci are awesome, the Jam text exchange cracked me right up. The story is engaging and a lot of the girls are super hot, there's a bunch of great sex scenes. Oh man, I can't wait to see what happens next!